BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

It does!? *adjusts monocle*

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I don't know how much of my day off I've wasted on this site, but here, have another thief concept. You won't be killing anything, this build is there to annoy the shit out of the enemy. Survivability, mobility, and distraction. Might trade active Caltrops out for Shadowstep, an Trickster trait for the one that gives 15s of vigor to allies on theft.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    I don't know how much of my day off I've wasted on this site, but here, have another thief concept. You won't be killing anything, this build is there to annoy the shit out of the enemy. Survivability, mobility, and distraction. Might trade active Caltrops out for Shadowstep, an Trickster trait for the one that gives 15s of vigor to allies on theft.
    Hah! I run something similar for WvW. I've lost track of the times 10+ people decide "i must die" and chase me away from their supply camp and halfway across the map while my group swoops in and takes it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This build looks like a blast, it seems like thief offers a lot in regards to spike damage and survivability depending on your build... agree/disagree?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    This build looks like a blast, it seems like thief offers a lot in regards to spike damage and survivability depending on your build... agree/disagree?
    Current issue being it's one or the other, which is how it should be imo, but then you have warriors and rangers that can do both at the same time. It's going to be an ongoing balancing act so I'm not worried.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

...warrior...skirmisher type...
    I am absolutely in love with this build, though I'm using FGJ and Signet of Rage. Dunno if Berserker Stance is better, have to do a lot more playing around with it. Just loving the stacks of bleeding and how easy it is to get Fury up. Seriously planning on moving warrior up my list.

e: Also, Dagger Storm DOES give 8+ seconds of Stability. The tooltop adjusts for BoonDur+% so it said 10½ seconds, but I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be 8. Pretty badass.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

They reduced a lot of condition durations during this last stress test. How greatly is this effecting build creation? Is it mostly only Rune/Sigil choice or are some builds vastly underpowered because of this?

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Corrupt boon went from 25 sec recast to 40. -.-

Here's all the changes if you want to know them.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah I didn't play my necro in this test, but I noticed on that list that a lot of necro stuff was changed. Most notably bleed durations and ability cooldowns. I can't be sure what these balance changes will mean, but they are definitely still in the middle of balancing internally so these all could be in the middle of tweaking. With under 9 days to go though it would seem that they are under the gun.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

This is the build I used in the last stress test. My first time trying to figure out a condition build and it worked pretty good. I also only used 4 of the Afflicted runes and 2 Centaur because the 6 slot is kind of useless on Afflicted. What do you guys think I could improve upon?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vrumpt Vegallion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: How's my build? GW2 Builds Discussion.

Not all of those changes are new to this stress test. I know specifically for engi many of those changes have been in game for a couple tests now at least.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    They reduced a lot of condition durations during this last stress test. How greatly is this effecting build creation? Is it mostly only Rune/Sigil choice or are some builds vastly underpowered because of this?
    conditions only lasted a few seconds, at most, unless you were traited. and even then it only lasted a little bit longer. So how can they reduce the duration even more w/o making conditions useless? lol

Granted my only experience is w/Mesmer so i don't know if other classes have different condition durations. but since MEsmer can load ppl up w/ a bunch of random conditions they are all very short unless you are traited

I think the entire idea is that conditions can be stacked, increasing either duration or power. So even though they may shorten the duration, another proc depending on the condition can increase the duration or increase the effectiveness. Also remember other players and different professions can stack the same condition also. So even though they may have cut the duration of certain conditions in half, one has to look at the entire picture and not just that single player's condition duration.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd like some thoughts on a control/support elementalist build. In particular, the Water traits. Armor of Earth is pretty spectacular; giving it Regen and Vigor makes it even better. I could cut the recast by 18s; but is 72s really much better than 90s in any practical application? It's still effectively a once-per-encounter skill. I could do both, but Shards of Ice seems really handy since part of the idea is dropping signets as often as tactically possible, and adding a support element (increasing ally damage) to two of the main control skills (chill and immobilize every 24s) seems very in-line with what I'm going for with this.

[e] also part of the point is also swapping earth/water as often as possible, once again with tactics in mind, to get the aoe protection/regen from attunement.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I went through and cleaned up a bunch of this thread and made a new class discussion thread. Please direct general class discussion to that thread and leave build discussion to this thread. Thanks

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

/golfclap

I'm not saying you did here, but remember not to over-moderate. That's why people hate "Guru." Well, one reason. They're like FFXI's "Zam" community.

In other news:
    Video, with commentary, of "BreedTheGreat" using "his best condition/DPS mesmer build" vs another mesmer using a different build.
    I just love watching good mesmers troll in PvP. NSFW'd for a minor barrage of f-bombs... but I am greatly amused.

Register to see the NSFW content

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

For Guardian DPS how would this build work?

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....30.20.10.0.10

For weapons I decided on Great Sword as my main weapon for damage and Sword/Torch to help close distance and apply burning.

For traits I mostly went with whatever would increase my DPS (Fiery Wraith and Greatsword Power) followed by whatever traits would help me apply bruning. Kinda ran out at the end so I put traits into increasing the duration of my spirit weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    For Guardian DPS how would this build work?

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simul....30.20.10.0.10

For weapons I decided on Great Sword as my main weapon for damage, Sword/Torch to help close distance and apply burning.

For traits I couldn't think of much so I mostly went with whatever would help do burn damage and some points in virtues to keep my spirit weapon out longer.
    If this is just for PVE it can be fun, but for PVP its going to get owned, with hardly any support/defensive traits and skills. Also the build is a bit too easy to get away from/counter. But again maybe you can make it work and work well, and that is the thing I love about this game.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Correct, it's for PvE and maybe some group oriented WvWvW. I'm going to hold off on PvP for awhile.