+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Fucking A man, I would LOVE TO SEE A WORLD WAR HULK FILM !

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY DAMN MONEY !

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

ohmygodthiswouldbeamazingfuckspacebarorpunctuation

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Big fan of the Hulk. Someone link me to some World War Hulk books.

takemymoney.gif

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Certified Man-Child
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Uzuki Ashtear
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    The Scryers

Tease by Joss that Scarlet Witch/Quicksilver might be in this movie. Hype!

Yahoo! spoke with The Avengers writer/director Joss Whedon at the Iron Man 3 premiere last night and managed to get some good details about The Avengers 2 out of him.

"I have finished a draft and I'm redoing it now. I think it's in really good shape. We're in a very good place," he said.

When they asked him if he felt pressure to top the first film, he offered this response.

"I try not to think of it as topping it. I try to think of this as its own movie. Sometime yeah, I feel pressure and by the way, Shane (Black) not helping, Iron Man 3 not helping, because I saw this and man he really got it right. But when you're in the story and you're dealing with these characters that you love, that everybody loves, when you've got the new characters sliding in next to them it's very exciting. Then I don't feel pressure, it's like I'm reading my favorite comic."

New characters you say? Whedon offered a few more details about who these might be.

"I've got these two characters, two of my favorite characters from the comic book, a brother-sister act. They're in the movie."

The only brother-sister combo that we can think of is Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch. While Whedon could just be having fun at the expense of the online community, it is likely that these characters could appear in the sequel as Marvel shares the rights with Fox.

Overall though, Whedon says he is having fun with the sequel.

"It's going really well, eventually someone will explain to me that it's not and pull me out of my bubble. I've been writing and meeting with actors and we're starting to storyboard, all the preliminary processes. This is the part where it's all still fun."

The subject of the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. series also came up.

"Well there's no update in terms of they haven't said 'Go and make many of these for it shall be on the air.' We've finished the pilot, Agent Coulson is in it, and we will explain why in the pilot. It is wonderful and he is phenomenal in it. We should find out in the very near future whether or not everyone else gets to enjoy it as much as we already have."
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...gers-2-details

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would literally give the movie 30 out of 10 if they are in it.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Recasting those roles would be so fucking horrible. I saw an interview where Marvel said they wouldn't mind casting Tony Stark like James Bond or Batman, and just change him for every movie. I couldnt imagine that being a good idea.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Major recasting like that could very well end Marvel's string of box office successes.

Ridill
    BG Level

I wouldn't bother recasting Black Widow. Just take her character completely out of it. I'm not even sure why she and Hawkeye were in it to begin with.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I wouldn't bother recasting Black Widow. Just take her character completely out of it. I'm not even sure why she and Hawkeye were in it to begin with.
    Seriously, if the actor is done, just kill off the character, with any of those roles. There are 5639565879368 Marvel characters that can take their place.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=28308

If Downey Jr. is leveraging his position to get pay raises for everyone, I'm sure they'll all be back.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

in Marvel's defense, they believe their characters sell their movies. They try and find suitable actors to play those roles. As much as I like Robert Downey as Iron Man, I doubt he is the only actor on the planet that can portray him.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    in Marvel's defense, they believe their characters sell their movies. They try and find suitable actors to play those roles. As much as I like Robert Downey as Iron Man, I doubt he is the only actor on the planet that can portray him.
    What are you, stupid? People who really love these movies fell in love with the actors portraying the main characters. Replacing Howard with Cheadle was passable in Iron Man because it ended up working very well but it was very risky. With the Hulk, there was still quite a bit of bite even though Ruffalo was great in the role.

Replacing Tony Stark with someone else? Or Thor? Or Black Widow? Or Captain America? Or even Bruce Banner (again)?

Marvel needs to tread lightly - I have a feeling they're already starting to get big heads about making these movies and they really need to eat a slice of humble pie before they kill all the momentum that RDJ's Iron Man (yes, believe it or not without Iron Man none of this would have been possible) has been building.

Acting as though you can just replace characters for the sake of the movie is the very reason sequels fail (shit, look at the Mummy series and how they replaced Rachel Weisz in the third one - it was NOTICEABLE). Look at Amazon's Zombieland for an indication of how stupid it is to keep key characters and recast them with other actors.

You can't just make multiple movies with one actor and then randomly replace them in another film and expect people to enjoy it all the same.

Personally I don't care how good they make any of these movies look - if they have a character like Thor, Loki, or Nick Fury and they replace them with another actor, I won't be seeing it. Period.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    http://www.worstpreviews.com/headline.php?id=28308

If Downey Jr. is leveraging his position to get pay raises for everyone, I'm sure they'll all be back.
    Woah, that pay seems extremely low even for an ensemble cast. Is this legit? 200k vs. 50-80M? Cause it doesn't sound legit. Is this why Terrence Howard bailed on Iron Man?

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium
    RDJ practically carried the Avengers for Marvel and it'd be suicide to replace him. His charisma, delivery and relaxed position in the role brought everyone else up two pegs and made the movie fluid in a way that Hemsworth, Evans or Johanssen couldn't.

Characters in combination with a great actor/actress and most importantly - a decent script - is what makes these movies and Marvel has no business mucking with a formula that worked with the amount that the box office grossed worldwide. Hawkeye and Black Widow can take their leave for new Avengers but replacing Stark, Cap or Thor would be a major blow to any long term cinema plans. I want to see these guys continue to create good onscreen chemistry and not have a revolving door of actors because Marvel is worried about pinching pennies.

Even Ruffalo in his small role as Hulk has grown on me and he's the third guy portraying Banner.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

If either of the Trifecta ( RDJ, Hemsworth, or Evans ) does not return due to the studio wanting to be greedy as fuck, then Marvel will probably lose my money.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Like Eurell said, if they can't get the actor, just find another Marvel character to fill the role. Yes, you'll have to build new character dynamics, but it'd be better than having someone fill a role in a way that doesn't match their previous characters. Just look at the two major characters who have been replaced. Howard came across as a much more laid back Rhodey than Cheadle, and Ruffalo was a much different Banner than Norton's (more confident, less shakes, etc). Are they passable? Yes, but you still notice the difference. If it's a major character like Stark, it'll be a lot more noticeable. And especially all the random things that RDJ did during the movie (like the blueberries thing), is another actor going to do those things, or are they going to have to be written in -- at which point, I'm guessing it won't have the same feeling as RDJ's Stark?

And the 2003 movie doesn't exist, Ruffalo's the second >.>;

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Woah, that pay seems extremely low even for an ensemble cast. Is this legit? 200k vs. 50-80M? Cause it doesn't sound legit. Is this why Terrence Howard bailed on Iron Man?

The article wasn't clear so I don't think it meant the main cast. Mightve been that low for everyone else. Scarlett and Samuel L Jackson got around 5-6 mil. The other main characters 2-3 mil. Still a huge difference though from Downey.