Page 3 of 71 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Woah, that pay seems extremely low even for an ensemble cast. Is this legit? 200k vs. 50-80M? Cause it doesn't sound legit. Is this why Terrence Howard bailed on Iron Man?
    Marvel is notorious for paying their star's absolute shit. Robert Downey Jr. is like the exception to this

I'd split the 5-6 mil that they are paying to JoHo and gave it to other actors. She's still the useless chick in their team dynamic and I really hated her.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by ronin sparthos View Post
    Woah, that pay seems extremely low even for an ensemble cast. Is this legit? 200k vs. 50-80M? Cause it doesn't sound legit. Is this why Terrence Howard bailed on Iron Man?
    No, he didn't really bail on IM2. Marvel supposedly cut him because he was paid more than any other single actor for IM1 (including RDJ) and was probably lined up to get a huge chunk for IM2 as well.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I'd split the 5-6 mil that they are paying to JoHo and gave it to other actors. She's still the useless chick in their team dynamic and I really hated her.
    But she's hot so no thank you.

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Um, yes, split it. I'm there to see a marvel film, not to see a hot piece of ass in tight clothing. If I want that, I will watch something else >.>

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Guyverarmor View Post
    Um, yes, split it. I'm there to see a marvel film, not to see a hot piece of ass in tight clothing. If I want that, I will watch something else >.>
    Err... lol

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Just let Black Widow go and bring in Carol Danvers <,<

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

so if black widow (not sure what she is good at tbh the movie never really helped me there) or Hawk eye (human with decent marksmanship skills but still a normal human from what i understood from the film) what other "heroes" would you like to take there roles? i'd like spiderman to turn up (pretty sure Marvel already said they wanted him in the 3rd film if possible) but could we see maybe wolverine? the man is pretty much the best human weapon marvel has

BG Level

black widow is good at talking information out of people, according to avengers

Did it in the intro with the russian guy, and then loki by making him give away his hulk plan. Dunno if she did it anywhere else, but I liked those scenes

RDJ knew the Iron Man movies were going to be a success, so he recontracted before Iron Man 2, and gave himself major push through to the Avengers that the other stars didn't.

He also asked for percentages of the revenue from the film in addition to his salary, so yeah, his 50mil makes sense.

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    so if black widow (not sure what she is good at tbh the movie never really helped me there) or Hawk eye (human with decent marksmanship skills but still a normal human from what i understood from the film) what other "heroes" would you like to take there roles? i'd like spiderman to turn up (pretty sure Marvel already said they wanted him in the 3rd film if possible) but could we see maybe wolverine? the man is pretty much the best human weapon marvel has
    Spiderman and Wolverine aren't going to show up -- possibly ever. No way Sony will let Spiderman be in the movie unless they get a major cut of the profits, and same with Fox for Wolverine. And they'll both keep pumping out movies to ensure they keep the rights to them. How many years have to pass without making one for the rights to revert back -- Is it 10?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Spiderman and Wolverine aren't going to show up -- possibly ever. No way Sony will let Spiderman be in the movie unless they get a major cut of the profits, and same with Fox for Wolverine. And they'll both keep pumping out movies to ensure they keep the rights to them. How many years have to pass without making one for the rights to revert back -- Is it 10?
    i thought Marvel had the rights to spiderman back now? if not that is going to suck so i guess we can trade Hawkeye for Blade? i have a feeling Fox still owns deadpool if we wanted someone to go toe to toe with RDJ's wit, i think marvel might be getting a little uncool again :/

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Scarlet Witch or Firestar can replace Black Widow.
    Doctor Strange, Quicksilver or Vision are also solid applicants.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by kuronosan View Post
    What are you, stupid? People who really love these movies fell in love with the actors portraying the main characters. Replacing Howard with Cheadle was passable in Iron Man because it ended up working very well but it was very risky. With the Hulk, there was still quite a bit of bite even though Ruffalo was great in the role.
    Replacing Howard wasn't a problem because he really did little in Iron Man 1 that would greatly missed. He was just Tony's black friend who had connections, wasn't really a strong role. He was alot better in Iron Man 2 since the story had him in a bigger role, so if they replaced Cheadle for the third one then it'd have been a big deal.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The problem with introducing new heroes would be the lack of a back story. They lined up Avengers really well, and all of the heroes except for Hawkeye had appeared in a previous Marvel film, so it was very easy to get things going.

Unfortunately, I think Marvel knows their films will sell regardless of who the actors are, so I can definitely see them showing everyone the door, and getting cheaper fill-ins. The only question is which of the two options they think will turn in more profits (getting cheaper folks and making less revenue, or paying for existing cast and making more revenue).

BG Content
    BG Level
    Blog Entries

i thought Marvel had the rights to spiderman back now? if not that is going to suck so i guess we can trade Hawkeye for Blade? i have a feeling Fox still owns deadpool if we wanted someone to go toe to toe with RDJ's wit, i think marvel might be getting a little uncool again :/
    Unfortunately not. As long as Sony keeps making movies, even if they have to reboot the franchise every few years, they'll keep the rights to Spiderman. If I'm not mistaken, the only character I'm sure has reverted back is Daredevil -- and possibly Punisher.

RDJ's "persona" has quite a bit in common with tony stark and ult. nick fury IS sam. The rest of the cast, whether good or bad, is expendable for their roles.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Anakron View Post
    all of the heroes except for Hawkeye had appeared in a previous Marvel film.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Serra View Post
    Unfortunately not. As long as Sony keeps making movies, even if they have to reboot the franchise every few years, they'll keep the rights to Spiderman. If I'm not mistaken, the only character I'm sure has reverted back is Daredevil -- and possibly Punisher.
    Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, and Blade have all reverted to Marvel.