+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 71 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 ... LastLast
    BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Methinks your expectations are a bit too high.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Regarding Hulk in future movies w/ Joss + Mark

This contains AoU spoilers.
    Spoiler: show
    Its time stamped to skip a lot, but its still gonna spoil shit.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9diA...ailpage#t=1215
    "Too amazing" Which we know Hulk cant have his own solo film and Amazing is not exactly esoterically linked with Spiderman. Could mean Hulk will appear in a Sony Spidey film, which I doubt Disney would do, or Disney has something cooked to nab 100% of Spiderman from Sony and will insert Hulk, but isn't ready to reveal yet, or Disney has something cooked to nab 100% of both Spiderman and Hulk control to reveal together.

If Marvel got the Hulk rights back, then I would assume they also got Namor, then 2/3's aint bad to have the Illuminati shoot Hulk into space ushering in Plant/World War Hulk after Civil War.

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The first act of the movie is definitely a weak point compared with the rest of it.
    There is very little build-up for Ultron. The movie goes in with Tony and Bruce already working on the Ultron project and when they recover Loki's scepter they decide to try use it in order to create Ultron.

However aside from that, it's a very good movie. For a large ensemble cast, the development is decent. Pacing and "tightness" of the storyline is far better than the first Avengers. And most importantly, it does not feel like the movie is all about racing towards that one big climatic battle versus Ultron in the same way that Avengers was about that invasion of New York.

I would put it on the same level as Winter Soldier and Iron Man. It definitely has weaknesses, but those weaknesses that are probably inevitable for a huge team-up movie.

Quote Originally Posted by tyven View Post
    how did the 29 hours feel? i really debated doing the local marathon but decided i am not man enough
    Phase 2 only marathon would have been much better.

Keep in mind this was 29 hours... starting 5pm on a workday.

Adrenaline woke me up near the end enough to enjoy Age of Ultron immensely. But I got home around 1 and only got six hours of sleep so I felt like death at work Wednesday. Slept 14 hrs last night crashing as soon as I got home and still vaguely feel like crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordesequiel View Post
    Spoilers please.
    Here's some big ones.

Quicksilver buys the farm.

Vision lifts Mjollnir to prove his worthiness to the team.

Vision's head gem is the Mind infinity stone.

Hulk, Iron Man, and Hawkeye leave Avengers. New team is Cap, Black Widow, Warmachine, Falcon, Scarlett Witch, and Vision. Thor goes off to search the realms for answers about infinity gems.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Interesting fact. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are referred to as Mutants in Russian release. Are they still calling them miracles in English language version?

Kevin Chang
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Interesting fact. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are referred to as Mutants in Russian release. Are they still calling them miracles in English language version?
    They are referred to as "Empowered" or "Enhanced"

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm impatient so i "got a copy early". I enjoyed the hell out of it as I expected, with only 1 small wtf moment which isn't a spoiler so I won't bother because it's from the scene where Stark & Hulk fight:

Do they not have television or internet in the part of the world where that fight happened to know shooting bullets at Hulk kinda just pisses him off?

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Cool action scenes, though some are a little over-the-top(Hulkbuster was done right imo). Not sure if they just was to make Cap/BW/Hawkeye seem more badass but they don't need the transformers treatment.
    James Spader performance was A+ as expected.

Quicksilver death was unexpected, but I guess they didn't care about him since they couldn't do a solo film and probably didn't want to worry about legal issues with fox. Plus, with Wanda and The Vision togetherish it seemed like a good idea.
    I liked they way they filmed the scenes with The Vision, but he was never a character I was interested in and the film didn't really make it any better unfortunately.
    Saddened they didn't have Mockingbird as Hawkeye's wife.

Entertaining. Didn't have the same feel as the first one.

The movie was entertaining but for me Ultron didn't get enough screen time. I was hoping for a great villain and he's just not on the same level as Loki for me. I enjoyed the spectacle but I don't know if I'd call it a great movie. Lots of jokes fall flat and in the end the movie is very predictable. You know everyone going to be fine so it's hard for me to get invested in the story.
    At the end of the movie I was excited for new roster though. I realized this movie I'm tired of Tony Stark

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Marvel Heroes released a AoU pack and this happened
    http://s15.postimg.org/goq47y2p7/2015_04_24_00018.jpg

Hulkbuster armor is huge.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

as others have said, it was entertaining enough, but nothing amazing. lots of loose ends i would have liked to see addressed (or at least hinted at for next time).

the cursing joke was so bad and they kept it going and going like a energizer bunny of fail

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    the cursing joke was so bad and they kept it going and going like a energizer bunny of fail
    agreed

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

best part of the movie for me was iron man vs. hulk imho
    movies was entertaining, didnt expect anything else so everything was good ^-^

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ardreul Galawen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Who was the "secret female character" stated a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardrial View Post
    I guess it was the asian scientist chick that helps Ultron make Vison

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Linda Cardellini as Laura Barton? For the premier attendance list they accidentally included her name as in the cast, then changed it to special guest.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

How far back? They had storyboards and script for Carol Danvers in the beginning.

I gotta say I've been calling JoHo the useless chick but in this movie there was some much needed character development for her that was nice comparing to lack of it for characters like Tony

Myr said I should dodge roll
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fiendish One
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Hayley Atwell aka Agent Carter. Was in a scene where Cap was in a mind twist from Scarlet Witch

Brown Recluse

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn