+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 71 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    they should be able to swallow it unless they make Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Jewish

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by BadKarma View Post
    Disney would have to have two black guys in one film. Pushing it for them.
    It would be ok if one of them were Morgan Freeman. He's about as white a black dude can get now other than Mizango flavor.

one could be played by wayne brady

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
    possible casting spoiler
    Spoiler: show
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nouprOuzjX...ronan-2010.jpg
    From Super Hero Hype
    Although Joss is still writing and probably not ready to send anything out to actors, for the two roles, they're generally looking for actors in their 20s and we've heard word that the "prototype" for their Scarlet Witch is none other than Irish actress Saoirse Ronan. Except something to note is that they're going "British" for the role rather than trying to have actors playing Eastern Europeans.

As it happens, Ronan just turned 19 last month and she will be turning 20 sometime during the time they would be filming the movie next year though she's also already been playing more mature roles. If she is Marvel's "prototype" for Wanda, why wouldn't Marvel just outright make an offer to Ronan once they have a script done? Ronan has those mesmerizing eyes that would be perfect for the Scarlet Witch, too.

As far as Wanda's brother Pietro--now we're assuming they're going to use the same first names from the comics even though they're played as British---he's only described as being "euro" and "edgy," but there are plenty of British actors in their 20s who could fit that bill. Come on SHH readers, what actor could hold their own against Ms. Ronan? Please don't mention either of the actors from The Host, though
    It was recently reported that The Host star Saoirse Ronan was being used as the model/prototype for Joss Whedon's Scarlet Witch character in The Avengers 2. In a recent interview with The Mary Sue, the actress reveals that she has heard these rumors and that she'd be interested in taking on the role. When asked about it, here's what she said...

I have heard about it and yes, I would. Yeah, of course I would. I love Joss and I love those films, and I love his handle on them and how he portrayed these kinds of superheroes. I think it’s very different from what anyone else has done. So yeah, I’d love to be in it.
    Whedon has confirmed that the character will be included in the movie along with Quicksilver explaining that they "sort of represent the part of the world that wouldn’t necessarily agree with The Avengers. So they’re not there to make things easier."
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/24...vengers-2.html
    http://www.themarysue.com/exclusive-...scarlet-witch/

Bitchfist
    The horn knows no mercy; only wrath

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Indalecia Salavachere
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Asura

"No more mutants..."

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Saoirse!

The Anti Miz
    The Anti Miz of the House of Weave

BG Level

someone just threw a bunch of scrabble pieces down when naming that child

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

lol It seems like it, but...

Saoirse (Irish pronunciation: [ˈsˠiːɾˠʃə]; roughly SEER-shə) is an Irish male or female given name meaning "freedom", which became popular in Ireland in the 1920s.

she's way better than JoHo

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Jehovah's Witness ?_?

If you mean ScarJo, then yes I agree. Hasn't really been the same for since she changed her button nose...

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Anoat View Post
    Gonna be super annoying to have Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and not be able to make any reference to Magneto at all without being sued.
    This is my only problem with them being in.

Fuck FOX, seriously.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Avengers director Joss Whedon recently showed up on the Jimmy Fallon Show. While he was there, he talked about The Avengers 2 and explained the new characters that will be introduced in the film, Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch. When asked why he chose to include these characters he said,

I found their powers to be very visually interesting. In the last film a lot of the characters had very ‘punchy powers’ where they were always punching something and that got kind of boring after awhile.
    Here's what he had to say in the most recent issue of Empire Magazine:

I turned in an outline for Avengers 2 before we started [Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D]. So I'm writing that script. I feel very strongly about the story, so as soon as the pilot is fully wrapped up, I get to go full-tilt on that, and I'm very excited.
    When asked about avoiding the usual sequel issues, Whedon reveals that the story is all about the villain.

Yes, that always makes me cranky. I'm very excited about the villain, and have a lot to say about him. But if you watch my shows, the one thing I've never been very good at is guest stars, because I've always been so interested in the ensemble. With The Avengers, I'm still most fascinated by them. How do these guys feel, and what's the way they conflict, and what's the unexpected way they connect? Forming a team is one story; being a team is a very different story. The other thing is, you don't try to top it. I know I will never make as pleasing a moment in a film as Hulk and Loki. You can't chase that dragon. If you try to do exactly the same thing, the chances you're going to do it better are very slim, and the only reason for me to devote three years to making another Avengers movie is the hope of making a better one.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2013/5/26...-and-more.html
    http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon....nothing/n37370
    http://www.empireonline.com/magazine/

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I love Joss Whedon so much. He is my entertainment hero.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whedon on Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch. One character will not return
    Spoiler: show
    It is Loki

Joss Whedon is winding down his promotional efforts on Much Ado About Nothing but he was recently in London for the Gala Premiere of the film. Being in the UK, Joss stopped by the offices of Empire Magazine to appear on their always entertaining Empire Podcast. Here's a transcription of what he had to say concerning Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and The Avengers 2. On S.H.I.E.L.D. Joss didn't reveal a whole lot, only offering up that, "We're building the next episodes, we start shooting in July, God help us." He did reveal that he's probably not going to direct any episodes besides the pilot. "No, not for the foreseeable. I do have a day job...," he replied when asked.

As for that day job, everyone know he's currently working on The Avengers 2 which he updated, "I've turned in a first draft, the story is very set, everybody [at Marvel's] on board with the exact movie I'm trying to make which is what worked the first time." He continued on from there, reflecting on the process of making the first Avengers, "I said 'I want to make this movie, a Marvel version of this move' and they said 'Yay' and never looked back. Well they [actually] said 'Maybe the tone' or 'Maybe this structure' but once we had it, we had it." He then added, " And I feel like we're there with [Avengers 2] which is really important."

When asked if there was still fine tuning to be done, he confirmed, "There's still 'very fine tuning' to do on the script. There are many thing that can be 'plussed' (sic) and be better and also, there's some science in it, which means I have scenes where someone says 'Science the sciency science'. So I'm like 'I'll fix that later.'"

When asked if he'll deflect any questions about Quicksilver he said of course he'll deflect any questions about the speedster and only added that 'he's in our movie and he's going to be dope.' He did actually go on to say that, "Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, very close to my heart because they were Avengers the whole time I was reading the book as a kid." For reference, the two characters first joined the team in 1965 in the issue "The Old Order Changeth" by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby. They would appear off and on in various issues as members of the team up until the 80's. Continuing to describe his remembrance of the two character, Joss stated, "Oh, and sometimes they were 'EVIL' but sometimes they were good. They're very textured, they're very different from everybody else in the mix. They're not their to make things easier on The Avengers but what we do with the group once we've got them is 'squeeze.' The fun I'm having doing that is probably unseemly."

Probably the biggest revelation came from a clever, roundabout way of asking another question. When Joss was asked if there will be another humorous Old-English word like 'quim' thrown in the film. Said Joss, "Everyone is going to be looking for the Loki-Hulk smash moment and you'll be looking for quim. No, first of all, imitating what I did before is the surest way to do it not as well. Second of all, Loki's not there to say those terrible things. Although I do think we should bring the word back, not as an insult, it's just a nice word." So there you have it, Loki is not in The Avengers 2.

Formerly BGTemp // TERA Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

^Very interested to see the fate of Loki in Thor 2 after reading that.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I can't think that they'd kill him. Probably ends up saying fuck this shit I'm out, or something.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Hiddleston does too good a job as Loki for them to kill him off. When you think Thor, Loki is usually the second thing that pops in your head.

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

I don't think he means Loki's fate is done after Thor 2. I just think they mean he won't really be in the second movie. If you think about it, Nick Fury doesn't appear at all in Iron Man 3 but that doesn't mean he died in Avengers (obviously).

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

NICK FURY DIED IN AVENGERS?!?!?

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

*scoff*