Anthony Mackie - Sam Wilson / The Falcon
    Don Cheadle - Colonel James Rhodes / War Machine
    Thomas Kretschmann - Baron Wolfgang von Strucker

Trailer:

Notes:
    - Will be based off of the collective story lines from Marvel's "Phase 2"

BG Medical's Student of Medicine
    BG Level

Gets a thumbs up from me as long as they put as much effort into it as the first.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Hoping they bring in some more heroes. Just don't know who with the set of movies coming up, except guardians.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

I would fucking love a Doctor Strange movie for phase 2.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deftscythe View Post
    I would fucking love a Doctor Strange movie for phase 2.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/106168-Dr.-Strange

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Please. All this needs is more Johanssen in a skintight outfit and it's a blockbuster.

We built this city
    We built this city on cock and stooooooone

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Thanks. Not exactly thrilled with the writers, but at least it's happening.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Actually I would be hoping for a Ms. Marvel, but no clue how they could work that out.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

According to Kevin Feige, Marvel can use Scarlet Witch & Quicksilver in the Avengers, as long as they make no reference to Magneto being their father.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I hope they don't add too many new characters. They did an amazing job at balancing out 6 heroes, especially considering what big actors some of them were. I can't imagine it going so smoothly if they overload the cast like Xmen ended up doing.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My initial thought was, when Marvel was trying to leverage the cosmic characters from the FF-verse, that they wanted the Skrulls and the Kree(as well as the Inhumans, Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc). So they could do a Skrull/Kree War and introduce Mar-Vell. That would, in turn, allow them to introduce Carol Danvers at some point. They could still do her, and just ignore the Kree part, replacing them with some other alien race. Or give her some other way of gaining powers since the way she got them in the comics is fucking weird anyway.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Delirium Shatterstar
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

ohgodno

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Fuck that golem. I don't want a mush-mouth Vision!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Joss Whedon has had an incredible year, and I imagine every year from here on out is going to be incredible! He's made his mark, and now everyone knows who he is. The filmmaker recently signed a contract with Marvel in which he would write and direct the sequel to The Avengers, and develop a S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series for ABC. In a recent interview with Vulture the director talks about all things Marvel!

There was a point when we weren't sure if Whedon would want to make a sequel to The Avengers, so it was great when we found out he had commited himself to it, and more! What made him jump on board with Marvel?

It was part of what made it attractive to me. I loved the idea of being a consigliere. Every writer loves the idea of being able to go in and fix a problem and then leave without obligation. It's fun! I also love these characters and the Marvel universe, and I grew up reading the books, and I've been going back and reading the old books and realizing that they shaped my storytelling way more than I give them credit for. Now I'm starting up a TV show, which is something I really wanted to do, but I thought it wasn't going to be a part of my life for the next several years. It's like a tapas menus of projects that excite me, in addition to the Avengers sequel, which I'm excited for because I'm incredibly excited about the next story that I'm going to tell. For me, it's a huge win.
    So he basically made Marvel and all of his fans sweat it out because he could, and he had a fun time doing it. I guess if you are in a position like that, why not soak it up and have a little fun with it? He goes on to explain that he will be giving these projects everything that he can,

It is unbelievably daunting, especially because I don't want to lose sight of all the other things I have on my docket and in my heart. So, it's going to be an insane few years, but I feel ready for that. It's an unholy amount of productivity, but as long as I give it all I can, it's a good thing. What's great is that the deal with Marvel is nonspecific, so I will give all I can, but the moment I can't, I just walk away. The moment I say, "You know, I'd like to help more on this project, but I need this time for The Avengers," there's no obligation. It's not like, "You must spend this amount of time on this movie." It's as much as it needs to be.
    As for the S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series he'll be developing he says,

The important thing to me is that we know what the show is. We love what it is. It came together very organically, so when we went in to pitch [to Marvel], it wasn't like, We're trying to find this because you want a TV show, it was, Check this out. And that's a good way to walk in a room.

Good support is wonderful, but it's not a hill of beans, because they may give us all this support and then decide, "Eh. Yeah, it's Friday." They might give us all the support and then not do that, but then audiences might go, "Yeahhh … no." You just can't be sure. What I do know is that it's the show it should be, and we've got some really dope notions. It's going to work very well for people who either love the Marvel universe or for people who've never dipped a toe in the Marvel universe.
    That's so cool to hear. I don't see why Marvel wouldn't back up the series all the way, and I know Whedon's audience will. If he says he's come up with a great concept for a series, than I believe he'll deliver something we'll all enjoy. Here he talks about the deleted scenes in The Avengers and why he deleted them, specifically the alternate opening that involved Colbie Smulders:

Two factors. One: The movie was three hours long. Two: Audiences didn't respond to it as well in the movie as I think they would as a DVD extra. Most of them didn't know who this character was or what the context was, and they were like, Uhhh, I don't know why I'm supposed to be personally involved in this character I don't know. The rollout to the Avengers getting to Loki was so gradual that people were getting restless. I thought Cobie nailed it, and the reason I thought it was necessary is because I was trying to make a war movie and I wanted to give context that something bad had happened in the past. In a war movie, you don't know who's going to live or die, but you do know that this war happened and that [the characters] are going to be in a dire circumstance, and I wanted to create that atmosphere.
    He then discusses the awesome Captain America deleted scene, saying that he hated cutting it, but that he was able to get the point across without it. Now, If you're interested in knowing what Whedon thought about his Avengers film... here ya go.

I don't think it's a perfect movie. I don't even think it's a great movie. I think it's a great time, and I'm proud of it, but for me, what was exciting is that people don't go to see a movie that many times unless it's pulling on something from within, unless there's a need there. That's very gratifying.
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/8/30...nd-marvel.html
    http://www.vulture.com/2012/08/joss-...h-vulture.html

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

In case you didn't already know, Joss Whedon is the man. He blew audiences away with The Avengers and he's set to write and direct the sequel. He is also leading the charge on the new S.H.I.E.L.D. TV series. The guy is a busy man, and has unsurprisingly been named one of Entertainment Weekly‘s entertainers of the year. To be fair he's always been a hell of a good entertainer, it's just now people are starting to realize it.

It's revealed in a breif EW describption that he's already submitted an outline for The Avengers 2!

We met with him just days after he had submitted an outline for the 2015 sequel The Avengers, and as he was in the midst of preparing to shoot the pilot for what could be his next television series: S.H.I.E.L.D, a spy-fi drama tracking the ongoing adventures of the secret agents and superhero wranglers of Marvel’s movie world. If ABC he picks up the series, Whedon will remain involved as exec producer, and frequent collaborators Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen (Dollhouse, Dr. Horrible) and Jeffrey Bell (Angel) will serve as lead showrunners.
    It's kind of cool to know that the idea and story for The Avengers sequel is out there. That outline contains everything we want to know about the sequel, and by May of 2015 the story will unfold before our eyes as an epic completed film.

In an interview conducted with Whedon he talks about his sccusses and his frustrations,

Whedon says that his emotional reaction to his most Marvel-ous year also included “a little bit of anger.” He elaborates: “I’ve had a wonderful career, and I’m grateful for it. But like every writer in Hollywood, there have been many times where I’ve said, ‘I swear to God, if you just me do this the way I’m thinking of doing it, it’ll work out!’ and I’ve been thwarted.” The success of The Avengers, then, felt like validation, but also exposed his need for validation… as well as a deep, dark want to avenge old grievances with black magic necromancy. “Once you get to this place, where people will listen to you, give you the benefit of the doubt, and will get out of your way, all of the stuff you’ve learned to live with and tamped down, you don’t need to live with it anymore” – and here, he goes spooky voice to evoke an image of summoning ancient demons – “and so the basement door opens … and you go down into there … and read from the diary that raises the dead.” He laughs. “It’s a weird little counter-intuitive thing.”

In retrospect, Whedon sees his anger — about life in general, not just old Hollywood slights — reflected in The Avengers, and specifically in one of the film’s best-realized characters: The Hulk, played by Mark Ruffalo. “What was most astonishing to me about making that movie was how personal it was,” he says. “I literally had the I’m-always-angry revelation during production. I had this certain amount of back-burner simmer of rage that I was completely aware of, but apparently I wrote it for Bruce Banner, going (to myself): ‘I think this is what a guy like this might go through!’ Interesting! What guy, Joss? ‘I don’t know! Some guy. I can’t think of anyone in particular, or why this is coming to me…’ Really, Joss? Really?”

To be clear: Whedon thinks going totally Loki is a thing to be avoided. “For the most part, I’m psyched. But you have to be careful that self-righteous umbrage doesn’t determine how you act around people, or how you behave artistically,” he says. “You don’t want to be the guy who’s like: ‘OF COURSE I’M RIGHT! I’VE ALWAYS BEEN RIGHT ALL ALONG!” And then suddenly, you’re making your worst stuff, because you’ve lost that checks-and-balances thing you need to manage yourself.”
    http://geektyrant.com/news/2012/12/5...s-and-fru.html
    http://popwatch.ew.com/2012/12/04/jo...s-of-the-year/

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Potential HULK spoilers:

Spoiler: show
    Quote Originally Posted by http://www.comicvine.com/news/potential-hulk-spoilers-for-marvels-phase-two-and-three-films/145958/
    Marvel Studios' Phase Two is right around the corner but Latino Review is looking beyond that -- they've got their eyes set on Phase Three. Keep in mind this is technically just a rumor, but it's a very, very interesting one which puts a heavy focus on the character that stole the spotlight in The Avengers... The Hulk!

According to the website, Avengers 2 will have the cinematic equivalent of the Illuminati send Hulk off-planet towards the end of the film or even during the mid-credits sequence. The Illuminati, eh? We know Captain America, Iron Man and Doctor Strange are confirmed, but this leaves a few seats empty. Professor X is clearly off limits since Fox has the rights to the character, but does this mean we'll see Namor, Black Bolt or Black Panther down the road? I hope so! Now, if they're going to shoot him into space that means he's going to do some major damage in the film. Considering how fun the last battle in The Avengers is, that could make for some majorly awesome scenes. While this would certainly be cool to watch, it makes me wonder how this would go about happening since Avengers confirmed (again) that Banner is in control.

If you're a fan of the Hulk, then you know this leads to... Planet Hulk! This would apparently be his own standalone movie in Phase Three. Hulk smashing aliens? Sounds good to me! Then, when all is said and done with the Planet Hulk story, the Green Goliath allegedly heads back to Earth in Avengers 3 ... and as you know, his return can only mean one thing... World War Hulk! That's absolutely something massive enough to span into the solo films, too. Plus, who honestly wouldn't want to see more of movie Hulk battling his peers?

Will this all happen? Only time will tell, but right now it's definitely something very fun to think about! Would you like to see Marvel Studios go down this path or would you rather see different stories?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

very much want.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

yes pls