BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    OP updated today to include 65 > 70 cooking results. Made some changes to terminology to be able to include data from different crafts in the future without it being confusing.

Sorry for the slow going on the testing, it's hard to clear that much room on two characters, load up on supplies, and then craft. It's time consuming as well. Bear with me, I'll get it all done eventually.
    Don't be sorry. No one is going to complain that you are taking too long to do an important test. And if someone does, I will infract the holy hell out of him/her for trolling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I'd like to apologize for taking so long... but yeah gold was probably the worst choice to do side by side crafting getting double ingredients lol.

Ok finished with my to 70 testing and have a bit more to add. If other people want to do without can compare to them too... if you want which recipes to what lvls I can provide that. Also starting at lvl 50 I made sure to not rank up till I capped so not to affect skillup rates from that. I've also broken it down by lvl 3-50, 50-60, 60-70 for obvious reasons

So for this test I took 2 characters 1 with shawl 1 without next to each other at same time facing same direction just for all those superstituitious people using kitrons.

3-50
    With shall:
    Synths: 471
    +.1: 283
    +.2: 95
    rate: 80.25%

Without:
    synths: 601
    +.1: 287
    +.2: 94
    rate: 63.39%

50-60

With shall:
    Synths: 186
    +.1: 56
    +.2: 22
    rate: 41.93%

Without:
    synths: 255
    +.1: 63
    +.2: 19
    rate: 32.15%

So far looks like distibution between .1 and .2 are the same either way ~1:3

60-70

With shall:
    Synths: 305
    rate: 32.79%

Without:
    synths: 392
    rate: 25.51%

Also just for fun (and to get some more shawl data) I recorded going from 60-70 on leather with shawl. No side by side but bigger sample of shawl rate so meh. (I'll do cloth too when I lvl it)

synths: 271
    rate: 36.90%

It shows a decent variance between the 2 shawled 60-70s so yeah other factors might matter (like I've definitely noticed slight variance or in the case of cooking large variances between crafts) or just need a much larger sample. However I think it's safe to say shawl's effect is noticeable

PS: Interesting thing to note... skillup rate drops largely after 50 then again after 60... but if you look closely at the 50-60 data and the 60-70 data you will see that the rate of +.1s is pretty much the same. It's like they just took out the .2s

PPS: Also was wondering if all shawl and non shawl people could perhaps contribute their total skillups by craft post 100? Since no one is crazy enough to lvl 100s of the same craft and then side by side lol. Not approximates please. Recorded number of synths

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Looks as if you're hovering at 26-28% increase in skill up rate. The fact that the increase changes so dramatically with base skill up rate suggests that the increase is multiplicative.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah given the fact that it takes around 22-23% percent less synths each time at every lvl range it seems kinda obvious. Would like more data but god this was some of the most annoying testing I've done lol. Well can't knock taking 20% less synths to get a lvl

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Got my cape recently.

Was skilling Goldsmithing yesterday and got a .3 skillup. I thought that was weird because in all my years of crafting I dont ever remember getting a .3. I thought it was .1 or .2 only, I looked at the testing and didnt see a .3. Would indicate there is some stacking or sorts going on?

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Got my cape recently.

Was skilling Goldsmithing yesterday and got a .3 skillup. I thought that was weird because in all my years of crafting I dont ever remember getting a .3. I thought it was .1 or .2 only, I looked at the testing and didnt see a .3. Would indicate there is some stacking or sorts going on?

I've gotten lots of 0.3s. Its a rare proc when your spread is over 5 levels and you are under level 50.

Everything over 60 has been a 0.1 so its not stacking.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Got my cape recently.

Up to 0.5 is possible. Extremely rare chance however, plus being 15 levels away form the cap. You start to see 0.3s and 0.4s when you are 10+ levels from cap.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I lvl'd goldsmithing to 104 recently. And I got my shawl at lvl 95, just before I pushed to 104. So I have some High lvl skillup data w/ shawl. No non shawl data to compare with, but I'm not about to do GS 100+ twice.

In case there's any interest in skill up rates above and below 100(uncertain if there was testing already), I've broken the data down in to 95~100, 100~104 and overall.

Used Kitron Macarons for all synths.

95~100
    133 synths
    50 skill ups
    37.59% skill up rate.

100~104
    106 synths
    40 skill ups
    37.73% skill up rate

95~104
    239 synths
    90 skill ups
    37.65% skill up rate

Pretty much just confirmation of known rates I think. Considering how nicely that matches the example on the shawl BG wiki page. <,<

Thumbs up friend!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

You certainly had a lot more luck then I did. I embarked on my journey to 104 GS as soon as I got my shawl. Here are my results, I was using kitron macarons for them all

100~104
    145 synths
    40 skill ups
    27.5% skill up rate

Something which might be interesting, after getting such a poor skillup rate I decided to remove my stall and GS equipment. If I take the data from when I removed them I get ~35% skill up rate, guess it's still a small sample size though

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Which synths did you guys do?

Thumbs up friend!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The stat +5 rings to 102, then silver cassandra to 104

Depending on the costs of orichalcum ingots desynthing the rings to recycle the ingots will probably be worth it

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Nerji View Post
    The stat +5 rings to 102, then silver cassandra to 104

Depending on the costs of orichalcum ingots desynthing the rings to recycle the ingots will probably be worth it
    I did the same. The desynth rate on the lvl 74 rings was pretty good. Even NQ desynth is 1 ingot, with HQ2 very occasionally getting me 2 ingots. I never did see a bead, I think. Which is fine with me. I could probly go through my logs and get some rates. It's just a bit of a pain in the ass. ^^;;

Cassandras Desynth into silver ingots for NQ and HQ1. I dunno about HQ2~, but it wasn't worth messing with. I just kept my kept leather low and tried to break to save whatever mats I could. I think I pretty much always lost the O.Ingots anyway though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerji View Post
    Something which might be interesting, after getting such a poor skillup rate I decided to remove my stall and GS equipment. If I take the data from when I removed them I get ~35% skill up rate, guess it's still a small sample size though
    I had my stall on for all of that. So I dunno that I'd assume removing it affected skill ups.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edited OP to include smithing testing for 61 > 70.

Nothing significantly different, however is there is one huge outlier on smithing 69 > 70 on the "B" character, then one with no cape. A simple run of bad luck I'm sure, but it's a big number.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edite OP to include Alchemy testing for 60 > 70.

No significant change, however the results of smithing and alchemy testing have pushed the results of the skillup rate further in the direction of the cape.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edited OP to include Woodworking testing for 60 > 70.

Three crafts left: Leather, Bone, and so help me god Gold.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edited OP to include Bonecrafting testing for 60 > 70.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edited OP to include Leathercraft testing for 60 > 70.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    I did the same. The desynth rate on the lvl 74 rings was pretty good. Even NQ desynth is 1 ingot, with HQ2 very occasionally getting me 2 ingots. I never did see a bead, I think. Which is fine with me. I could probly go through my logs and get some rates. It's just a bit of a pain in the ass. ^^;;

Cassandras Desynth into silver ingots for NQ and HQ1. I dunno about HQ2~, but it wasn't worth messing with. I just kept my kept leather low and tried to break to save whatever mats I could. I think I pretty much always lost the O.Ingots anyway though.

I had my stall on for all of that. So I dunno that I'd assume removing it affected skill ups.
    Damn so you lose the oingots if you break synth? was hoping woudl just lose the gun mostly hehe. Did you bother crafting on certain days or just whenever? I'm avging about 24 synth per lvl, low was 20, high around 26, up to 102 so far.

21 synth 102-103
    21 synth 103-104

80 oingots lost, 2 stacks everything else, not sure on hexaguns, i still got 30 of them left

54 fire power mog, artisan advantage, no gear on or buffs, kitron macaroon. fireday fullmoon 90%

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Edited OP to include Goldsmithing testing for 60 > 70.