+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I've been rocking GS/Rifle warrior for a few days now, IMO it edges out a lot of combinations just for the fact that Whirlwind is a free dodge. I'm wondering if I should keep doing what I'm doing; getting a combination of power/crit/precision and power/precision/condition damage gear and gems for the offensive pieces, or just go with power/crit/precision... I would go for it if it wasn't because the pieces with condition damage have quite a bit more precision than the ones with crit damage.

With the Greatsword I have 33% chance to apply bleed on crit plus a Sigil with 60% to apply bleeed on crit (do they stack?) and the Rifle's main attack applies bleeds, so the extra precision and condition damage might turn out to be a bit better than just plain crit damage.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Trying to find a decent build for elementalist, any have some tips?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    Copying from our forum. Hopefully this encourages people to stop spamming fireballs and actually be useful to a group. This build makes everything group related so incredibly easy.

Spec: gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEAQFAWhImibwR5...2A;TYAKmMMJYyykjJJTA or gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEAQFAWhImibAS5...2A;TYAKmMMJYyykjJJTA

Gear: Cleric (Pow/Tough/Heal) Armor and Staff with Sapphire (Pow/Tough/Heal) Accessories and Chysocola (Pow/Vit/Cond Dmg) Rings and Amulet. Runes you could use besides the rather expensive Superior Rune of Speed are the Superior Rune of the Solider or the Superior Rune of the Warrior. I personally just like having perma swiftness if i get caught in combat, so I use the Speed runes. Guild Defender Backpack of the Shaman (Pow/Tough/Vit with a Crest of the Shaman - Pow/Vit/Heal)

Final Stats:

Power - 1617
    Precision - 916
    Toughness - 1492
    Vitality - 1620
    Condition Damage - 399
    Healing - 970

Quote Originally Posted by Keshad View Post
    http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...vo9MxxaVscVcqV

Carrion armor, carrion weapons, clerics accessories. Superior siigil of battle in your weapon(xxx on weapon swap procs when changing attunments),superior sigil of agony on offhand, rune of the undead x6 in armor for more damage/survivability.

Very tanky, very good damage, very good condition damage, lots of survivability, mobility and damage. Swapping to water attunement instantly removes 2 conditions from you/nearby allies and AOE heals you/everyone around you for ~2k. Superior rune of battle is passive 3-6 stacks of might(usually 6), and comboing off ring of fire - > earthquake - >churning earth is +6 stacks of AOE might.

Dagger/dagger for pure DPS, scepter/focus for support/single target ranged DPS on things that don't move around 24/7(5% crit in focus, sigil of battle in scepter), staff for ranged AOE damage(I only use it in WVW for attacking towers/keeps, AOEing everyone off the balcony is very good damage, sigil of battle in your staff again).

Swap tornado for summon ele in dungeons, swap either mist form or arcane armor for water signet in dungeons depending on the dungeon. You pretty much ALWAYS want water signet on in a dungeon, but don't always need both mist form or arcane armor. I like arcane armor for everything but twilight arbor. When Using scepter in PVE I prefer mist form over arcane armor, and when using staff in PVE I swap earth armor for arcane blast, arcane shield for summon ele, and mist form for water signet. Sometimes you'll still want to keep mist form though, so give up arcane blast for that.

1611 power
    959 precsion
    1581 toughness(1661 in earth attunment)
    1568 vitality
    18711 HP
    6% crit(lol)
    761 healing power
    1,120 condition damage

My spec is a group DPS/solo/duo spec, while the one posted above is a pure support group spec.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

New Guardian Builds:

Overall Gear: Hammer and Staff in PvE, Greatsword and Staff for melee or Scepter and Staff for ranged in PvP. Knight's armor, Cleric's accessories. Runes I'm still playing around with, but Superior Rune of Water 6/6 is sort of broken considering how much healing we do with skills and how potent our signet of healing is, and 15% extra boon duration without having to give up traits is also nice... extra condition removal doesn't hurt either. Only problem is I think it works with our passive regen from Virtue of Resolve as well, meaning timing it so that you're giving everyone a 7~9k heal from Signet is going to be difficult. Looking into other options. For Sigils, still playing with those too. Bloodlust is nice for increasing your somewhat gimped DPS from going so tilty toward support, however you may also opt to enhance that further with healing power or something.

Dungeons

Summary: Looking at above normal survivability while still retaining a decent amount of DPS. Also features copious amounts of self healing with a good amount of group healing and buffs. You've still got the standard Guardian's Virtue of Justice traits along with Altruistic Healing, which when coupled with something like Hammer's 3rd hit autoattack, Empower, and Empowering Might is a pretty huge bit of sustainability. Purging Flames -> Mighty Blow will give everyone around you 20 seconds Might. Swapping to staff will give you a massive amount of self heal along with a very substantial group heal and buff every 10~15 seconds.

Possible Swaps: Quite a few situational or preferential swaps that you can do here. For traits, you can switch Writ of Exaltation and Empowering Might around for other things if you wanted to, but I prefer keeping those on for larger group support and self healing. You can move Retributive Armor in place of Meditation Mastery in favor of Glacial Heart or something, but that would be silly as Glacial Heart is basically worthless. For Utility Skills, you can swap out Smite Condition for any number of shouts or condition removal abilities, however I prefer the low cooldown and added damage of Smite. In some dungeons, Wall of Reflection is a powerful offensive and defensive tool, so swapping that in could be handy. Signet of Judgment may also be swapped out, but I like it not only for a passive -10% damage taken, but also for its active effect if the group is running away or running through a group of monsters or just straight damage reduction as it's a very low cooldown, fair duration weakness debuff. In terms of your elite, I personally see great benefit in being able to throw out all three of my virtues every 90 seconds and feel the buffs gained from those twice or thrice as often as other elites, as well as a decent ohshit defensive cooldown, is well worth the slot. You may feel differently, so by all means use whatever you want. As a Charr, I can swap in Charrzooka when I need some ranged damage going out, a very nice choice since Guardian doesn't have very strong ranged attack potential naturally.

PvP 1

Summary: This one focuses a bit on applying Weakness/Cripple to groups of enemies while retaining strong offense and moderately strong defense. You should be able to keep Weakness up on enemies for an extended period of time via Shield of the Defender's Command and Signet of Judgment's active. Since Shield of the Avenger won't be expended upon use of its command, you should be able to get in two per shield if you use the first quickly after summoning. Once it's gone, you can pop Signet of Judgment. In between Weakness cycles, you can swap to staff for some buffing and healing of yourself and nearby allies before going back in to wreck fools with your greatsword. The build features some decent mobility from Staff, Greatsword, and Judge's Intervention, however you'll be fairly vulnerable to Conditions.

Possible Swaps: You could trade out Shield of the Avenger and/or Signet of Judgment and go for a more offensive build by swapping Shield of the Avenger and/or Signet of Judgment for Wall of Reflection, Retreat, or any other skill you may deem useful for the situation. You can then swap Eternal Spirit out for something like Blinding Jeopardy or Zealous Blade. The Elite can be swapped around pending race and situation, however being able to use all three virtues every 90 seconds while gaining a strong defensive cooldown is pretty nice. Scepter is always an option in PvP as it's our only real ranged option.

PvP 2

Summary: This is one that I haven't been able to play with yet, however in theory it should be a decent option. You gain a good amount of survivability from Altruistic Healing and Selfless Daring as well as a good amount of mobility and offensive/defensive benefit from the increased effectiveness of Judge's Intervention and Wall of Reflection. Your Virtues are more powerful and your elite reflects that.

Possible Swaps: This build is sort of specialized. You can swap out Signet of Judgment for some stability or a shout, however everything else is pretty much stays-as-is. Scepter is always an option in PvP as it's our only real ranged option.

PvP 3

Summary: Essentially an extension of the PvE build, it focuses on sustainability through Altruistic Healing while adding a fair amount of support for yourself and nearby allies. The skillset is changed drastically, however, as Judge's Intervention and Wall of Reflection are indispensable in most forms of PvP.

Possible Swaps: As always, you may choose to swap out Signet of Judgment for something else, I personally find the low cooldown weakness and the passive -10% damage taken to be too valuable to do so however. You may also choose to swap out your Honor traits for other things like Two-Handed Mastery. The elite is, as always, whatever you feel is best for the situation, however I personally enjoy the myriad benefits of Renewed Focus.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Thanks for the help all, much appreciated

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Has anyone had any success with thief builds outside of the normal crit hit build? I just recently hit 80, and have been looking for new skill setups/itemization, and I found this video here on a pistol/dagger venom-share thief build, but I don't want to go buying new gear to test it if it's not a solid build.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_Eu81PRl4

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by dabis View Post
    Has anyone had any success with thief builds outside of the normal crit hit build? I just recently hit 80, and have been looking for new skill setups/itemization, and I found this video here on a pistol/dagger venom-share thief build, but I don't want to go buying new gear to test it if it's not a solid build.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qq_Eu81PRl4
    It's the most viable, group oriented build we have.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by dabis View Post
    halp
    This kind sir gave this to me when I asked a similiar question in the random question thread.

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    I'm going to write a brief Thief thing for you and whoever else, because it sounds like you might enjoy a certain style of play I've found really useful.

Spoiler: show
    I present unto the counsel, for your supreme edification, what I like to call... THE MECHA-POISON-SUPER-COOL-THIEF BUILD. (Note: You can swap some stuff around here, namely slowed pulse, ice drake venom for shadow refuge, dagger for sword, etc.)

In years past, the role of support has taken on a bad name in MMOs; many believe it to be a punitive or subservient role. They are wrong. Fuck them.
    As the mecha-poison-super-cool-thief, you will carry their bitch asses to glorious triumph, whether they like it or not.
    Imagine yourself in the following all too common situation.

Warrior: Wow this dungeon sure is tough! Good thing I have five signets and greatsword, I'll surely lead us to victory! BTW Does anyone know why I roll when I press V?
    Champion Separatist Brain Splatterer: LOL headshot
    Warrior:

What. An. Asshole. He must not want to win at video games and should be shamed. Fear not, for history will paint him a fool and you a hero should you heed my words.
    "But what does this build really do for me?" You might be asking. Well, I'm glad you asked.

A.) You get mad heals, son. You see that there "leeching venoms" trait? That bastard will heal you and your party members from anywhere between 300 to 450 per hit depending on gear. Let's break it down: At say, 410 per hit (what I'm at now with sub-par healing gear) that's 4,150 HP restored from a full set of venoms. For all ya'll. Plus, the debuffs. It's some fly-ass weakness duration due to the lotus poison minor trait, which is extremely helpful.

B.) Remember when I just said "fly-ass weakness duration" just now? Imagine that, but AoE. Awe shit. Choking gas is an AoE poison you can maintain 100% of the time, and that means an AoE weakness you can maintain 100% of the time. Monsters will tickle you as you and your compadres brutally penetrate their organs with all matter of weaponry.

C.) Cluster Bomb. You blow it up prematurely? No biggie, pal. Three stacks of AoE bleed, moderate direct damage, and the fucking coup de grace: blast combo finisher. Ever see an elementalist (or ranger) throw down a water field while looking forlorn and misty eyed? Like they were just waiting for a big strong man to sweep them into his arms and whisper silent nothings into their ear? Today, you will be that man. You will finish what he started, by spamming the ever living shit out of cluster bomb in that water field, healing all surrounding allies for like 1,500 per shot because initiative is overpowered by design.

D.) Stealing shit applies buffs and vigor to your party, while removing boons. You can also steal a chaos combo opener to create boss AoE chaos armor, or confusion. You can ALSO steal lengthy stuns and dazes. You're the man now, dog.

"Wow, what a great class thief is! It's all I ever wanted!" You must be exclaiming to your dim, empty room and empty soda cans.

Just slow down, Brokeback, we haven't even gotten to your second weapon set yet.
    That's right, you get two. See that pistol 5 skill? Black powder? That right there is the most OP shit in the game, because initiative, etc. Ever wonder why Guardians are such tremendous assholes? No, it's not because they're vicariously living out their holier-than-thou white knight fantasies in a video game.

It's because they have AEGIS. What's aegis? It's a 100% chance to negate an enemy attack every X seconds. Now, what's blind? It's a 100% chance to negate the enemy's next attack (not on champion enemies, but fuck them). So think of it this way: Blind is an offensive version of aegis. Now, black powder. Run up to a generic douche enemy, blast that son of a bitch in the face with your powder, and watch him miss for four seconds. Then do it again, because you're real as these streets and he would do the same to you if he could. You just stopped Mr. I-only-wear-precision warrior from getting stuffed into his own ass infinitely by fodder enemies.
    "But what about champion enemies like you said?" Headshot them and laugh. Thief has a plethora of both ranged and melee interruptions. Use them. You can swap dagger for sword, and pistol whip some fools like you're bonafied member of the NYPD.

Gone are the days of wimpy bullshit thief classes, gone are the days of TH bitches and plebeian supports. The sun rises on a city of light and gold, where the glories of thief and support live and thrive in harmony. Take my hand, and let us walk through its streets together.

(Note: You should probably wear cleric suffix gear/accessories, and use runes of lyssa because it's a full condition removal on elite skill use and you don't get shit for condition removal with this build.)
    (Note 2: Also seriously though, thief is fucking sweet and only gets better as you get higher leveled and understand the mechanics more, get hype.)
    I'm going to try this out whenever I get to level 80. It looks fun as fuck and looks to be a Support-Healer/DD role.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

GW2 Random Class Discussion

How to play thief: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zj...1&feature=plcp

Spoiler: show
    sarcasm, but still funny

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's pretty accurate actually. Just replace Heartseeker with Pistol Whip

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Looking for a better set up for my elementalist. Anyone got some tried and tested trait/stat specs?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    Looking for a better set up for my elementalist. Anyone got some tried and tested trait/stat specs?
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fEAQ...KmMMJYyykjJJTA

Your group for dungeons and WvW will love you long time.

Official Nannyman of Nikkei's Harem
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Does this setup actually remove two conditions on water attunement, from the attunement itself and the regen it applies?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Imitarate View Post
    Does this setup actually remove two conditions on water attunement, from the attunement itself and the regen it applies?
    Yeppers.

Also, happy with my build so far. Going for an all around balanced build with proper survivability since i do a lot of WvW. I like to run head first into zergs and watch people kill themselves on my Dagger Storms. I dropped some crit for vitality but i may switch it back or swap it over to more toughness.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Nice stuff dude. What's your dyes by the way? I've got a primary Red/sub Pitch sort of set going right now considering Pitch is the cheapest 'black' out there right now. Red I'm using.. I can't remember. Burgundy I think.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Like I said, working as intended. The complaint thread awaits you.

Lol at "less than a second" though, fucking delusional.
    btw it's not working as intended and the bug that I was talking about was indeed a bug where people who were in a party with you before you went into a pvp server could see you on the minimap and target you while under stealth. You really should stop being such a prick for no reason, as it does indeed take less than a second to hit the tab button once.

@Alderaan I checked back the past couple of pages, what exact build are you running? Am currently running an Initiative regen build with toughness armor and a few toughness accessories and crit stuff but yours sounds better.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

You didn't say anything about people previously being in a party with you. I'm sorry for not assuming such, I should have known better considering the source.

Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

when it comes to pvp as a warrior. do you lose too much damage from going deep in both defense and tactics?

also to add my input in the ongoing pve-discussion, Im running 30/25/15/0/0 with axe/sword + rifle. works like a charm. I never use adrenaline-attacks and the endurance signet is just to remove all conditions when needed.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    @Alderaan I checked back the past couple of pages, what exact build are you running? Am currently running an Initiative regen build with toughness armor and a few toughness accessories and crit stuff but yours sounds better.
    Since i don't really do sPVP and am mostly in WvW, i run 0/30/20/20/0. Sometimes i swap out 10 from crits and toss it into Shadow Arts or Acro, but 20% extra damage to sub 50% foes is too good. All my armor is power/toughness/vit. I hope thieves don't start using this spec because i enjoy killing those glass cannons.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast