Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Have you re-verified the amount of skill given by Lu/Ebisu's since hitting 110 Fishing? It might be that they're a percentage modifier rather than a straight bonus and you got unlucky?

The Inside the Belly test seems like it would be fairly conclusive to me, although you only need to be 30+ skill to accept the quest and not to do repeats.
    I have, and the problem we ran into is not all fish match up. I'm not near my home PC now, but it may be discussed in the newer fishing sticky about gems that you need to know. The current issue is we had theorized certain fish caps (Tianictus) based on this test and the theorized cap is between 110-120 (113 I think to be specific). So, until we can verify that through actually catching 600 and not getting a skill up there are missing variables that halt further testing. However, your theory that it may be a percentage modifier may make sense...

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

The Inside the Belly test seems like it would be fairly conclusive to me, although you only need to be 30+ skill to accept the quest and not to do repeats.
    So, find someone at 27, use adv support, try to accept the quest? Has this been verified to work by someone @ 27 with +3 skill gear equipped?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I got it to work at 27 with +3 skill in gear

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I got it to work at 27 with +3 skill in gear
    Nice, great idea then to verify adv fishing support.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Randorn View Post
    Would fishing auto-depletion be an easier gauge of this? Much similar to the +46 skill on ebisu?

Example: 90 fishing + stall (5 maybe) + 4 AH fishing gear = 99

99-13 = 86

If a Merc auto depletes then the stall indeed has at least +5
    Ok, I did this exact test. My main character's fishing is 90. Stall + 90 + 4 AH = auto deplete
    Stall +90 + 3 AH = no auto deplete

Stall for fishing alone = +5

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Thank you Randorn, that's all I needed. Just comes down to shitty luck being shitty. I shall eagerly await my 4 straight T1s to even this out!

5 more synths, 5 more NQs, 107.8 alchemy....w t f

Ok, I did this exact test. My main character's fishing is 90. Stall + 90 + 4 AH = auto deplete
    Stall +90 + 3 AH = no auto deplete

Stall for fishing alone = +5
    Thank you!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Do we need a similar test for fishing support? I have 2 more sundays till my Ebisu, so I might as well do some ffxi science

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Do we need a similar test for fishing support? I have 2 more sundays till my Ebisu, so I might as well do some ffxi science
    That's the exact method I used to determine fishing advanced support was +2, but hey re-test, I'm all for being verified or wrong!

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Well, 108 alchemy, still not a single T1 spanning 3 levels of T1 hexed gear. FML

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Incoming irony...after all my T1 complaining and adding up to somewhere around 0/90 I dinged 108. Did some math on Killer's Kilij v. Hexed Doublet and decided the 250k per synth saved is not worth the chance of T0 and the differing values. So I bucked up, decided to start on the painful T0 level of 108>109 on hexed doublets. At this point I even decided to use Kitron macarons figuring who cares if they lower HQ rate, I am really just after skill ups until 109. First synth...