Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Testing the bonus of Stall Only - Help!!

Question: Does stall alone (while giving Mega Moglification: Craft) provide +5 skill?

Wanted: Crafter 88-90 skill with stall...

Methods to Test:

1.) A crafter with the skill of 88-90 with a stall and mega mog: craft WITH NO OTHER GEAR, attempts a synth at skill +20. So, if the crafter is level 88 they should attempt a 108 synth, level 89 they should try a 109 synth, and level 90 should try a 110 synth. If the bonus from stall alone is indeed +5 they should be able to attempt the synth. My recommendation is going out to a zone and engaging a mob and then attempting the synth. This way, if it allows you to attempt the synth you will only lose the crystal.
    Possible Outcomes:
    a.) Allows you to attempt the synth and stall alone is +5 or b.) Does not allow you to attempt the synth and we know stall alone < 5.

Can we set crafting levels to anything we want on test server? If so this may be a quick and easily method...

2.) Attempt a synth that is T2 if the stall is less than 4 or 5, but a T3 if 5. Do this a large number of times and make a logical hypothesis off results.

I started some method 2 crafting tonight before coming up with the test server idea lol...
    My skill 107 + stall only (112 theoretical)
    Cermet Chunk (60)..if stall is +4 or +5 this should be a T3
    Total Synths: 81
    NQ: 44
    HQ: 32
    Breaks: 5

I have around 130 cermet chunks, I may turn them all into porcelain flowerpots (61) tomorrow night and manually count the HQ animations if no one can attempt test server method. I have never done anything with the test server.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I beleive the test server autocaps you but only for that rank

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Didn't Mojo do a synergy test to show the stall is at least 5 skill?

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Didn't Mojo do a synergy test to show the stall is at least 5 skill?
    Hmm would love this. All I had seen was Zouri saying she was about 99% sure it is +5 based on HQ rates. Any memory of his methodology? I assume it was something in terms of attempting synth?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Nvm, was only confirmation of at least +3 skill.

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/103...=1#post4814562

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

stall only is +5.. no point in testing, take my word for it.

the other 350k worth of guild point items at some point were rendered pointless at some point... apparently to piss off the people that got the signboard only to realize it did nothing years ago... either way it's +5 regardless of the combination..

also, zouri is a girl...

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Why hasn't there been a huge uproar over this anyways? Those GP items were a huge time investment, and they made them completely and totally useless. No official forums petition to make them useful?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maybe they aren't totally useless? Idk recently looked thru my long parses between my fishing characters and there was a decent difference in break rate I beleive between 2 who the only difference was 1 more skill in gear and "extra" fishing furniture. So perhaps they do something but not more skill? Idk fishing is weird anyways

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

If I remember correctly, the signboards were supposed to help with break rates for synthesis? No clue on fishing board, though. I'm guessing that the 150 item is indeed useless now though. Hopefully it won't stay that way.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

An uproar is not needed. They still help with break rate.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The 150 GP item helps with break rate? That is news to me, if true.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Zouri View Post
    stall only is +5.. no point in testing, take my word for it.

the other 350k worth of guild point items at some point were rendered pointless at some point... apparently to piss off the people that got the signboard only to realize it did nothing years ago... either way it's +5 regardless of the combination..

also, zouri is a girl...
    I hope it's +5, because I would rather know I have been unlucky, than foolishly not synthing all this hexed gear at T1. But, I struggle agreeing that no testing is necessary when it is all based on "take my word for it" supported by "the other 350k worth of guild point items at some point were rendered pointless"

This really would be a piece of cake to test if we can find a person with 88-90 skill and stall...

I know Zouri often kept close tabs on her synths, so if she says hey I synthed 287 dusk gloves and was only T1 if the stall made me T1 and I HQ'd 32 of those then it will help persuade me.

To be clear, is the person posting from Zouri actually Zouri, or the new account owner?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Correct me if im wrong, but you can only have one moghancement, moglification or mega moglification at a time, correct? The stall moghancement overpowers all of the others including the one that says it gives less breaks (from the signboards). That would render the furnishing useless if you have a stall active in your moghouse too. Can you receive Mega Moglification as well as a Moglification? I know Moghancement and Mega Moglification do not stack, but I have not had my hands on a signboard yet.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Would fishing auto-depletion be an easier gauge of this? Much similar to the +46 skill on ebisu?

Example: 90 fishing + stall (5 maybe) + 4 AH fishing gear = 99

99-13 = 86

If a Merc auto depletes then the stall indeed has at least +5

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Randorn View Post
    Would fishing auto-depletion be an easier gauge of this? Much similar to the +46 skill on ebisu?

Example: 90 fishing + stall (5 maybe) + 4 AH fishing gear = 99

99-13 = 86

If a Merc auto depletes then the stall indeed has at least +5
    Only problem with this is fishing does not always follow standard patterns. Example: advanced fishing support is +2, adv support for other crafts is +3. Secondly, the +46 piece was proven atleast partially wrong, by finding a diff fish that auto-depleted at a different level combination. I'm looking forward to finding out some more fish caps between 110-120 to dig more into that.

edit: I'm not against trying this though, maybe I'll mess around a bit...+12 should be stagnant, +13 should be deplete. Sooo, with my 110 skill, and theoretical +5 from stall, that puts me at 115, thus, I need to find a fish that is 103 to stagnant, and 102 to auto deplete. Problem is, I don't think I know of any fish that cap at those two levels. Would be much easier for someone at 88-100.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Only problem with this is fishing does not always follow standard patterns. Example: advanced fishing support is +2, adv support for other crafts is +3..
    Not sure if this matters or not, but I successfully have been doing the Inside the Belly quest with 23 base fishing skill, + advanced support, +4 gear (body/hands/legs/feet). You sure its +2? Granted I was using the glasses too for the hell of it, and they shouldnt be active with support on....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

How would people measure Fishing Support any other way?

I tested this a long time ago, and unless I was T1'ing Dusk Gloves without actually being T1 then the bonus was +5, I also tested with T2 rates on HQ staves.

The fishing stall was also confirmed at +5 via whatever the hell we were doing when they raised the cap, but that info is in like 1 of 3 different threads we were posting the info in at the time.

Edit: Whether it's more, I don't know, but it's definitely +5 and has been for a long time.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    How would people measure Fishing Support any other way?
    I did it by verifying that with Lu one of the nashmau fish auto depleted at +13, but was stagnant at +12. So I got support, went back, adjusted gear to once again match deplete/auto stag on the same fish with the same rod.

Well, from all the anecdotal data I guess it's just my horrid luck that after 3ish levels of skilling T1 on hexed gear I still have not HQ'd one. Fml

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Have you re-verified the amount of skill given by Lu/Ebisu's since hitting 110 Fishing? It might be that they're a percentage modifier rather than a straight bonus and you got unlucky?

The Inside the Belly test seems like it would be fairly conclusive to me, although you only need to be 30+ skill to accept the quest and not to do repeats.