Thread: Gravity Falls     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

This show is the bee's knees.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Disney put out a side scrolling beat em up in 16 bit Rumble McSkirmish style and it's awesome:

http://disney.go.com/disneychannel/g...evenge-2017596

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why was there such a long pause in between episodes?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

According to Wikipedia one of the two people responsible for the site Homestarruner and its cartoons works on Gravity Falls, which explains why its good.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Season 2 will start airing August 1st!
    http://variety.com/2014/tv/news/grav...re-1201220988/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Gravity Falls

What is Gravity Falls?
    The brainchild of creator Alex Hirsch (known for his work on The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack and Fish Hooks).Based loosely upon Hirsch's own childhood experiences/fantasies and family life with his twin sister, the series tells the story of twins Dipper and Mabel, whom are whisked away from their comfy home in Piedmont, California to spend their summer vacation with their great-uncle out in the wilderness of Gravity Falls, Oregon. Forced to work at their "Grunkle" Stan's tourist trap, the Mystery Shack, things appear to be rather dull and ho-hum until Dipper discovers a worn-out journal in the woods. As he deciphers the strange tome, the twins begin to see that the quiet town is not quite what it appears to be on the surface. Countless wonders and terrifying secrets lie in wait for those daring enough to seek them out. As the days pass, Dipper and Mabel realize that as the journal warns...

why should I watch this again?
    Gravity Falls is probably one of Disney's most unique and refreshing shows in years. Think of a mix between the mystery and sci-fi themes of the X-Files, the hidden innuendo and adult humor of 90s Nickelodeon. nearly everything in the show has a form of clue and cyphers: the opening theme, the online games, etc. so be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

For example:

http://38.media.tumblr.com/d94287af2...f6fqo1_500.png
    http://38.media.tumblr.com/6ef5a097f...2drfo1_500.jpg

Characters:

Dipper
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...pper_Pines.png
    the youngest of the Pines twins. Despite his age, Dipper has the intellect and determination of a FBI agent. However, his interest in discovering the mysteries that adults usually ignore earns him the ridicule of his family and friends. The straight man of the group, Dipper's goals include unlocking the secrets behind Gravity Falls, proving his critics and skeptics dead wrong, and winning the heart of his dream girl.

Mabel

the slightly older twin sister of Dipper. Whereas Dipper is more serious and doubting, Mabel faces the world with a cherry, braced-filled smile and a huge amount of optimism, mixed with a her own sense of silliness. Armed with an endless supply of attention-grabbing sweaters, Mabel sets off to make new friends, experience a special summer romance, and occasionally help Dipper on whatever spooky quest he's partaking at the moment.

Grunkle Stan
    http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-SQK7HYD6Nj.../StanGFArt.png
    was once a failed door-to-door salesman, only to find limited success by setting up the Mystery Shack tourist trap in the Gravity Falls Woods. The public knows him as "Mr. Mystery," a suave and charismatic guide to the oddities of our world. Those closest to him see him as a money-grabbing bum who watches daytime TV in his underwear. Despite his greedy nature, Stan has been known to reveal his soft side from time to time, especially when concerning the twins.

Soos
    http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2...appearance.png
    the Mystery Shack's handyman and the self-proclaimed protege of Stan. A lovable man-child, he is often dragged into the Pines twins' adventures due to being the only adult that notices all of the crazy things happening behind the scenes in Gravity Falls. However, his clumsy nature often leads the gang into more perilous situations than before his involvement.

Wendy
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-M7Hb_2xlzm.../wendyrock.png
    an unusually tall high school girl that (barely) works the counter of the Mystery Shack Gift Shop. She is also Dipper's (not-so) secret crush. Mellow, confident, and tomboyish, Wendy is the leader of her band of friends that go around "rule-breaking" and playing pranks throughout their small town. While it is unknown if she reciprocates (or even acknowledges) Dipper's true feelings, it is apparent that the two share somewhat of a bond, and for this, Wendy often tries to include Dipper in her misadventures.

Waddles(appears later in series)

Mabel's pet pig who she won at the Mystery Fair. He is her constant companion, often being the source of her zany escapades.

Shorts(After the event of first season):
    Mabel's Scrapbook:

Spoiler: show

Dipper's Guide to the Unexplained:

Mabel's Guide to Dating:

Fixin' It with Soos:

Gravity Falls TV Shorts:

Season 2 Episode Guide:
    1. Scaryoke - the Pines family resolves to get back to normal after the Lil' Gideon incident. They throw a "Mystery Shack is Back" party, but some unwelcome guests crash it (August 1st on Disney Channel)
    2. Into the Bunker - Dipper's secret journal pages lead him and the gang to the author's hidden bunker where they find themselves face-to-face with a mysterious figure from Gravity Falls' lore (August 4th on Disney XD)
    3. The Golf War (August 11th on Disney XD)

Season 2 Trailers:

Comic Con Camera Rip(it's better than Disney Promos but it's bad quality)

Silent Oil body rubs
    BG Level

this is the best bump in Bentertainment Geekly section.
    reusing the image I posted on page 1.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...6JK1rqxjkb.png
    my body is ready for season 2, after the season 1 ending.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by finalwolf View Post
    my body is ready for season 2, after the season 1 ending.
    Hell yes. I can't wait for Friday since Bill cipher will be the main villain for second season, also you should follow Alex Hirsch on Twitter the guy is amazing and really loves his fans.

PS should check Bill cipher's alternative introduction from first season. I laughed my ass off at what he did to Dipper after he wakes up.

Start 20:20- Ends 26:20

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So I had no idea what this was, but saw it marathoning on Disney XD over the weekend. Watched it, immediately got hooked. Why is this not going to be on Disney main? I know the premiere is..but not the rest? This show is the first cartoon in a while I've really liked, and the theme song is awesome.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Why is this not going to be on Disney main? I know the premiere is..but not the rest?
    Don't worry Alex Hirsch has already confirmed that the new episodes will trickle down to regular Disney Channel after a short period of time. they just want Disney XD to be the go to channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So I had no idea what this was, but saw it marathoning on Disney XD over the weekend. Watched it, immediately got hooked.
    Another one joins the club.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Still no season 1 on dvd/blu ray

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I loved the episode about the Puhteradactyl (pronouncing it like Soos) taking the Pig and Grunkle making up the story that comes true later on about him punching it in the face. That pig is amazing. D:

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Finally Comic con trailer HQ.

Edit
    Hidden message in trailer:

It reads:

WHY IS W(covered by Dipper) SO PER(covered by Dipper)

Why IS Wendy so Perfect?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Clip for Friday's S2 premiere.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

GRAVITY FALLS 2014 Comic Con

Finally The Comic Con Panel. I highly recommend for people to look at "Star and Forces of Evil" Intro Clip before Gravity Falls Panel, it's being done by Daron Nefcy and many of the great talent who Left Cartoon Network/Nickelodeon(Dave Wasson "Time Squad", Jordana Arkin "Hey Arnold" etc).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Gravity Falls Season 2 Ep1+2

Great season opener. Wendy's there! And she's actually doing stuff. Kinda like her as Dipper's Girl Friday(too bad she told Dipper she is too old for him). Can't wait to see some hidden messages in motion, especially the when the black-light showed the secret messages and the last skull image after the credits.

Disney is really giving Alex Hirsch the leeway to include some really freaky stuff that would give kids nightmares.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

It was so good.