+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Certified Enhancement Shaman
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meph Taru
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos

yeah I went axe/axe aswell. I went with greatsword for abit, but like mentioned before, the aoe is just too good from dw axes. doesnt axe/mace just give parry/stun or something?

So, one thing I noticed after clearing Catacombs tonight! They changed the armor skin of all story mode helms for all the dungeons to a pretty generic-looking skin. The dungeon vendors now sell 2 types of gear: Cheap, yet generically skinned, armor with a look that goes across all the dungeons and the actual dungeon-specific sets. So instead of going into story mode and getting a unique helm, you get the same hat that you got from Catacombs that you got from Caduceus' Manor, etc. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but it kinda upsets me that I'll get the same helm from Orr's story mode that I get from Catacombs story mode.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I love this game.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Looks like legendary weapons are only for attaining swag:

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Alderaan View Post
    They really need to fix the auction house, mail, and being unable to join party members on whichever overflow they're on. I was harsh on TOR for buggy stuff and I'm not going to give Anet a free pass. Not comparing that junk to this, just sayin.
    As for the overflow joining problem, it bugs out now and then. I found a workaround though. Basically while you are in the same zone and partied, log out to character select and log back in. Wait for the box to pop up telling you you are in the overflow and click ok, then choose "join in [area]" by right clicking friends portrait in party frame. Works every time for me.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I find it helps if you're both standing in the exact same location. On the same waypoint or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyis. View Post
    I find it helps if you're both standing in the exact same location. On the same waypoint or something.
    My group were all standing at the exact same spot and yet none of us were on the same server. Eventually people started phasing in, but it's definitely not working as intended. Probably didn't help that somehow our server was full asap despite selecting it in hopes that population would be medium.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Minerva Kissaki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Probably didn't help that somehow our server was full asap despite selecting it in hopes that population would be medium.
    um just wanna point out we chose the 1 with "Dragon" in its name. Yea... that was gonna be a popular sever lol

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

So any rangers here? If so, which skills are you guys going with? Need three more SP, then I'm gonna go with Signet of the Wild/Signet of Stone/Sick 'Em.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azull Abaddon
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Any WVW tips. Tried a bit last night but had no real clue what was going on. I helped capture a few points but otherwise had no clue wtf was going on.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arximiro Dragonheart
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Is anyone getting random lag just all of a sudden? I will be running fine then all of a sudden it drops to like 5fps for a few mins then it will sometimes go back to normal or I will have to restart. It doesn't seem to matter where I'm at it just happens whenever.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Arximiro View Post
    Is anyone getting random lag just all of a sudden? I will be running fine then all of a sudden it drops to like 5fps for a few mins then it will sometimes go back to normal or I will have to restart. It doesn't seem to matter where I'm at it just happens whenever.
    Yeah, this has happened to me a number of times now to. But so far today it's been ok.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Emerald Dream

Ralena and Vassar can go fuck themselves.

Edit: Finally killed them after zombieing them for like 10 minutes lol

BG Level

My group were all standing at the exact same spot and yet none of us were on the same server. Eventually people started phasing in, but it's definitely not working as intended. Probably didn't help that somehow our server was full asap despite selecting it in hopes that population would be medium.
    Yeah it doesn't work every time. We had this problem as well a couple times. But more often than not, it would work.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    So any rangers here? If so, which skills are you guys going with? Need three more SP, then I'm gonna go with Signet of the Wild/Signet of Stone/Sick 'Em.
    I basically did the same in beta, except Sick 'Em wasn't a skill so I used Signet of Stone. I also used Healing Spring and put 10 in Beastmastery (Compassion Training) and Marksmanship (Signet Mastery). With all the heals between the Fern Hounds F2 and Healing Spring, rarely would my pet die.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

So, after a weekend for you to play the game. Here is the most important question...

Is it worth my money?

I know I am asking for opinions, but I am really on the fence about this. It looks sexy, and I actually like the idea of no endgame and just mostly leveling/quick stuff because I still play WoW, but that also makes me think it won't be worth it in the long run, but you only have to buy the box once, then it's (basically) free.

So, any honest, non-fanboy impressions?

BG Level

If you like map exploration, you'll like it. Half my time in this game is just running around looking for vistas (think view points in Assassin's Creed).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

If you like map exploration, you'll like it. Half my time in this game is just running around looking for vistas (think view points in Assassin's Creed).
    Yeah, I actually heard about that for the first time today. That sounds pretty fucking cool.

BG Level

So like, is anybody elses server getting completely embarrassed in RvR? My server and another server both have around 40k points. The other server has 160k and basically controls everything lol.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Guild Wars 2: Post-Release Discussion

Can't necessarily be embarrassed by WvW when it's practically built for the zerg rush.

Also, small note to self: be careful using Fiery Greatword's ability number 3 near cliffs. Was doing the Skill Point Challenge in Lornar's Pass by the steambots and I launched myself off the cliff to my death.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So like, is anybody elses server getting completely embarrassed in RvR? My server and another server both have around 40k points. The other server has 160k and basically controls everything lol.
    They are changing the matching system every 24 hours to prolly try to gather data to find out w/servers should be matched together when they start doing the 2 week matches

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 60 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast