+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Netflix Anime Recommendations?

Hey guys, I've been spending my lunch breaks watching some animoos on my phone on Netflix, but I'm not sure what to check out next and was wondering if there was anything specific that you his would endorse that I haven't seen yet...obviously I'm limited to the English dubs so subduing with reasonable ones would help.

This is what I've already knocked down from what they have(or that I've just seen before):

Excel Saga, Gurren Lagann, FLCL, Trigun, Gungrave, Elfen Lied, HSotD, Claymore, Samurai Champloo, Rin, Darker Than Black, Fullmetal Alchemist/Panic, Blue Gender

I usually like darker/serious/actiony stuff and mechs/space, not so much on the lolis

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've never had Netflix, so idk what's on there, just going to name random stuff:

Aquarion
    Dai-Guard
    Record of Lodoss War + Chronicles of a Heroic Knight
    Samurai Girls
    Hellsing(TV,not ova ver unless it's on there)
    Witchblade
    Dragonaut
    G Gundam
    Gundam 0080
    Gundam 0080
    Gundam 08th MS team
    Armitage 3 Poly Matrix/Dual-Matrix

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Re: Netflix Anime Recommendations?

I think Witchblade is the only thing on the list they have(they appear to have a licensing deal with Funimation btw, so most of what they have is from there). I'm actually glad they don't have any UC Gundam, I've already watched it all to death and I'd just watch it more instead of finding new stuff lol

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Baccano! if they have it

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    I think Witchblade is the only thing on the list they have(they appear to have a licensing deal with Funimation btw, so most of what they have is from there). I'm actually glad they don't have any UC Gundam, I've already watched it all to death and I'd just watch it more instead of finding new stuff lol
    Yeah funimation seems to be best friends with everyone now days. I have the complete collection of Witchblade and I enjoyed it. Has a sad ending.

Most Valuable Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cayden Fereles
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Aquarion and Witchblade should be on netflix. You've already covered most of the ones I watched on there as well outside of Kaze no Stigma, STRAIN and Rosario for the horrible dubbing. Samurai 7, Xam'd, Eden of the East would be three I actually enjoyed when I picked them up and suggest you check out.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Didn't see Death Note listed, if you haven't seen it definitely watch it since it is very dark. Gundam 00 is up there iirc so watch that, and when you say FMA does that mean you've seen both or just the original? Cause if you haven't seen Brotherhood it's on there and you need that. Gurren Lagann is also a mecha show that's on there but it's far from serious, if you enjoyed G Gundam in the slightest for its entertainment value having nothing to do with Gundam then you'd probably enjoy that.

And they have a few Hellsing Ultimates up I think.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

I watched the subbed version of Death Note almost all the easy through but never saw the last two episodes, as for FMA, I've seen all of the original, and watched the first three volumes of Brotherhood when Netflix had them, but I don't recall ever seeing them get the fourth.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Baccano! if they have it
    They do have it on there, and I second this. Fucking great anime. Fits your dark/serious/actiony, and adds gorey/awesomeness

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Third'ing Baccano!. Best anime on Netflix, I'd say

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Baccano! is great, but I don't think I could watch it dubbed.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

That's my issue with the last two Death Note episodes, I don't think it'd bug me for a series I haven't seen before, but once I associate a character with a voice I have a hard time switching to the other version.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

If you like art, but don't mind the lack of a good story, Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. Black Blood Brothers wasn't too bad. I've pretty much watched all the anime that doesn't have 50+ episodes and you've basically knocked out all the really good ones.

If they have Panty and Stocking on there I'd watch that for sure.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    Baccano! is great, but I don't think I could watch it dubbed.
    The dub is alright. I actually really like most of the casting. Firo and a few others have a little too much try-hard in their accents, but other than that, solid. Ladd Russo's insane voice is spot on.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

D-Gray Man, FMA Brotherhood. When I'm not lazy I'll boot up my Netflix and see what anime I have in my queue.

Oh. Soul Eater, as well. It's silly, but Excalibur makes it worth it.

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I had to finish brotherhood elsewhere because they still don't have the fourth volume of the series last I checked.

They also have the original FMA on there but I'd say ignore it. It's garbage compared to Brotherhood.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Evangelion is about as dark and robotie as you can get from what people have told me, sadly mid-90's anime hurts my eyes but I've been told the newer DVD and blu-rays have remastered works on them so fingers crossed netflixs would to

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Baccano! if they have it
    Funi also has all of Baccano! on youtube for free, and subtitled.

Eli Manning is my Lord and Savior
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Greymane

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    Evangelion is about as dark and robotie as you can get from what people have told me, sadly mid-90's anime hurts my eyes but I've been told the newer DVD and blu-rays have remastered works on them so fingers crossed netflixs would to
    Even original Eva has aged well honestly, it's not like trying to rewatch early DB or DBZ.