+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Lightning Returns XIII-3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

sort of. you kill them in the field, not in battle, so you don't get EXP or items. its just a less simple / more conditional way of having no encounters

listen!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Most any FF game you can win any fight that's non-boss by only spamming attack. Hell, in the previous games I spammed attack even with my mages. In least in Dimensions you can equip your mages with bows to at least to half-decent damage.

Sometimes I wish there was a setting to only pop up a post-battle screen with exp and items received based on the characters only using Attack, with a "Replay" button under it so that you can replay the battle manually if you so wish. Would save a lot of time from all of the trash monsters you don't give a fuck about - especially when walking through an old area with mobs 50 levels below you for whatever reason.

Hell, in Final Fantasy 1 (I think?) one of the best setups in the game was a party of monks with a single red mage. And remember to not equip the monks with a weapon, since they do more damage bare-handed than with an actual weapon. Could beat the entire game just by spamming "Attack", with the occasional heal from your Red Mage.

All Final Fantasy games have been absurdly easy and beatable by spamming Attack. Final Fantasy XIII wasn't the first of its kind, nor is it the last. I mean, FFVII could be beat with Omnislash, or Knights of Round. You could beat the hardest boss in the game with a single move, and yet a lot of people regard it as the best FF game.

At least bosses in Final Fantasy XIII and Final Fantasy XII required a little bit of strategy on bonus bosses, and even on some normal bosses and mobs.
    No, you're right. It's pretty typically of most all rpgs really. It was just more disappointing in 13, because the battle system is really awesome, but you don't usually get to really use it.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    I think Carth meant the Triangle action trigger button, but I could be wrong. And I won't lie KH (All of them) is pretty easy on normal mode but hard and proud mode are definitely challenges, especially the secret bosses
    Yes, I meant reaction commands.

And KHII was piss easy unless it was on Critical Mode. If anyone had problem with that game I dunno what to say to you.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Leaked screenshot:

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can't tell if that's just ugly checkerboard motif of this new setting or if that's just early-build no-texture development checkerboard.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Is that the FFXIII-2 model of her there? I assume it's placeholder-ish.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Looks like a typical SE debug room, but the map seems to say otherwise.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

not really leaked, it was in their video of them panning around the dev office

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Can't tell if that's just ugly checkerboard motif of this new setting or if that's just early-build no-texture development checkerboard.
    The latter.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Nevex View Post
    I know, but going from "fully-fledged party member" to "cameo" isn't that far away. I was looking forward to have Vanille and Fang in my party again after FFXIII-2, guess it's not happening.
    ^

Fang or GTFO.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    ^

Fang or GTFO.
    Needs more Fang Fantasy 13.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Snow needs to star in a FF just so I can see the massive amount of butthurt from the Final Fantasy community. I think a Snow FF would be good if it was framed like an 80's action movie, though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by AoE View Post
    Snow needs to star in a FF just so I can see the massive amount of butthurt from the Final Fantasy community. I think a Snow FF would be good if it was framed like an 80's action movie, though.
    FFXIII:Miami Vice

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    FFXIII:Miami Vice
    Snow and Gadot would make a pretty good Miami Vice. And by good I mean God-awful.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Litz Zatsuza
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So bad, it's good.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Best friend and I were chatting tonight about FF spin offs, and you know, I think the next FF spin off they should do is 8-2.

Before the FF8 haters come at me, hear me out.

8-2 is about Squall's goal to take his triple triad game to the next level. Go around the world doing nothing but engaging in epic Triple Triad battles. Maybe even fighting a monster here or there for some special card.

Want to get crazier? You can throw in future/past time travel for him to find even rarer cards.

You can't tell me this wouldn't sell.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    8-2 is about Squall's goal to take his triple triad game to the next level. Go around the world doing nothing but engaging in epic Triple Triad battles. Maybe even fighting a monster here or there for some special card.

Want to get crazier? You can throw in future/past time travel for him to find even rarer cards.
    Permanent Random rule.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    Best friend and I were chatting tonight about FF spin offs, and you know, I think the next FF spin off they should do is 8-2.

Before the FF8 haters come at me, hear me out.

You can't tell me this wouldn't sell.
    This would make an amazing PSN/Xbox Live game.

Edit: To clarify I mean a Triple Triad game, not necessarily the idea listed above.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I thought that was a big pile of sarcasm. Good god that sounds horrible to me.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

0/10 would not play

Edit: Which is really saying something because I loved 8 and enjoyed Triple Triad, but trying to make an entire RPG based around it just sounds horrible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 68 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast