Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't think includes Versus. They just mean this specific series of XIII (XIII, XIII-2, Lght. Reutrns)

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Probably mixed translation as last in the XIII-? storyline, Toriyama isn't the person who over sees Versus, that's Tetsuya and we all know he's too busy pounding Micky's dick up his ass.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They've said a few times just recently that FF13-versus isnt being changed or converted into anything, no? So yeah, based on just that I think we can assume he just meant FF13-1/2/3.

Toriyama noted that experiencing everything in Lightning Returns will likely require multiple playthroughs, as with Abe saying that he wants players to think “oh! I didn’t know that event occurred” while on their second time through.
    ib4 difficult-to-follow story.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    “a sense of time and urgency to experience content that will not always be waiting for them.”

Lightning Returns will likely require multiple playthroughs
    Dear S-E,

fuck you fuck you fuck you fuck you FUCK YOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Dear S-E,

Why is that bad?

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It's essentially it's a Majora's Mask type of thing, I thought you people loved that (I don't).

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Since when is replayability a bad thing? Unless they've shortened the game and expect you to play through 90% of the same stuff to get 10% new content on a new playthrough, then yeah, pass.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Your choices change the story so each time you play you do different things, it also carries over your character each time you restart so its not a fresh lv1 no gear restart iirc, so overall sounds great to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregor View Post
    Dear S-E,

^this, a big fuck you from me to SE also

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    ^this, a big fuck you from me to SE also
    Why? Honestly curious why there's so much hate over this game, not trying to start shit, just want to know.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Your choices change the story so each time you play you do different things, it also carries over your character each time you restart so its not a fresh lv1 no gear restart iirc, so overall sounds great to me.
    I will play it and I'm sure it will have plenty of redeeming qualities, but I absolutely abhor having time limits in RPGs/Adventures/etc. Being rushed to do arrive at and complete dungeons was a massive turn-off in Majora's Mask.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I will play it and I'm sure it will have plenty of redeeming qualities, but I absolutely abhor having time limits in RPGs/Adventures/etc. Being rushed to do arrive at and complete dungeons was a massive turn-off in Majora's Mask.
    That's fair, I guess I just don't expect it to be that much of a rush where we're always worrying about it. If that is the case though and it's something we're constantly having to worry about start to finish then I probably won't enjoy it either. I like a little push, but being outright rushed the entire game would suck.

Why? Honestly curious why there's so much hate over this game, not trying to start shit, just want to know.
    I hate multiple playthroughts. Especially when they make you start from 0. I can stomach NG+ type of stuff but replaying entire game gets annoying to me really quick. I loved XIII-2, I think it's the best FF since X. I'm still gonna buy this one but goddamn SE...

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Cichy View Post
    I hate multiple playthroughts. Especially when they make you start from 0. I can stomach NG+ type of stuff but replaying entire game gets annoying to me really quick. I loved XIII-2, I think it's the best FF since X. I'm still gonna buy this one but goddamn SE...
    I don't think it restarts you from 0 though, that info is somewhere in this thread I'm pretty sure. I'll look real quick.

Edit: I can't find anywhere where I read that...hm, maybe somebody else has it on hand.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I'm with Cichy. I think the only semi-current game I've ever replayed all the way through after finishing was DragonAge: O. I honestly don't mind if it's so massive that you may miss something based on choice or action, but the fact you may miss something based on time sounds irritating. I won't knock it till I try it, but it sounds kind of awful.

THIS IS BREGOR'S STORY
    Beard +1

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Why is that bad?
    X-2. Motherfucking X-2.

Seriously though, restarting a game just to get stuff the designers force you to miss the first time through is bullshit design. Replay value comes from making the game fun enough to want to replay, not dangling a carrot exclusive to New Game + bullshit.

Yeah, not a fan of time sensitive events, either, be it literal "Do X at Y o'clock" or "You can only recruit this obscure character on the other end of the world during this 2 part scene you're given a break in between" kind of shit (FUCK YOU SUIKODEN(S)!).

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

i think it'll be interesting because its the first time this has been done with an FF. i honestly couldn't care if it was lightning or someone else from a different game but given that it is her, they have a bit of a back story to play with..

I think having something that is truly time sensitive is good.
    X-2 tried something like that but because you could never figure out how time actually flowed you would have to use a walkthrough to know where to hit first (or by playing again and again figure that out or thru inference)
    ...with this the system in place is a lot better for that, i hope. I also like how it'll essentially have sandbox elements, which is what I was hoping to see from Versus XIII. I still hope that happens honestly..

as for the comment about last XIII game. i remember them saying this was the conclusion of the Lightning saga.

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Lightning is Etro

I am 95% sure I just predicted the end of the Lightning saga.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 68 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast