Thread: Lightning Returns XIII-3     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I think you just need NG+ to do it, doesn't have to be hard mode.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, it's confusing sometimes since completing game once unlocks both NG+ and HM and most people go for HM, but everything for Plat can be done in Normal NG+

Oh I see, I just assumed people would do Hard for NG+. Never considered doing normal again but fuck it, I'm in the middle of hardmode now so might as well continue.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thats exactly what i did lol, did my first run on normal so thought what the hell, had no problems until i hit the last boss...but as i've already said i keep getting my ass kicked so thinking of using the rewind thingy then doing another HM run to get more upgrades lol

♥ Neliel ♥
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Suzunomia Hymnos
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Well, I ran through NG+ twice (not fully, just enough to hit all quick 15 chests in about 30min~), for the accessory trophy, then of course upgrading too, but I didn't do full run since I wanted to get that out the way first. I want to do NG+ on Hard just for the sake of it, and the garbs that's exclusively from it too, and I think some weapons as well. The only thing that worries me about HM is the last boss. I'd probably spend a few NG+ runs farming cactuars for gil, which should be fast during night time since they seem to spawn in packs of 2-3, whereas in the day time, I've only ever seen single cactuars spawn. I wish you could skip the very first part of the game too with the finding clues and followers.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So i'm taking my sweet sweet time with this game and i'm on day 7 with literally jack shit to besides extinct everything. Should I just burn the rest of the time in the Inns until the final day. I feel like the sidequests I do have left over would be much easier with upgraded weapons and stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Whats quests would that be? The only stuff I could see being problematic on first run are Aeronite and Ereshkigal but they're still beatable if you use some very specific builds ^^;

Leader of the Brain Eating Space Monkeys
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I'm loving this game. 6th time completed all quests etc completed and all bosses wiped. Next play through I think ill have a tinker with the save editor and see how broken that makes Lightning!

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Whats quests would that be? The only stuff I could see being problematic on first run are Aeronite and Ereshkigal but they're still beatable if you use some very specific builds ^^;
    Ereshkigal maybe, but Aeronite you're allowed a lot more freedom provided you can block properly. I'd say the only requirement for Aeronite is a fucking load of Thundara/Aerora.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I bought the CE strategy guide and decided not to use it for the first run through, but i'm going to crack it open and plan out the rest of the days. I already put in enough effort to complete most of the side quests at day 7, no reason to start slacking now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    I bought the CE strategy guide and decided not to use it for the first run through, but i'm going to crack it open and plan out the rest of the days. I already put in enough effort to complete most of the side quests at day 7, no reason to start slacking now.
    Prepare a couple of bookmarks, that shit is confusing to use at first and has you flipping pages a lot, the one's in the guide were usually not enough for me D;

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Can't seem to bring myself to do a 2nd playthrough. Beat the ultimate lair boss, might go back and beat Aeronite if I ever finish hard mode.

Anyone know if the new DLC sets are any good?

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

DLC gear is only really good during the first couple of days on the first play. Its superseded very quickly

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Yeah I saw the abilities and stats and couldn't justify dropping $4 on any of them when I have so many other choices already in game.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

the things I don't like about some of the DLC, or about many of the armors in the game, are the abilities that can't be removed from them. In some situations I just want the stats from the armor, but not the abilities :/

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

It wouldn't be so bad if you could level up the attached abilities, could make some of the early garbs a little better

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

OST Plus announced
    When Square Enix released Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: Original Soundtrack back in November 2013, it came on four discs. However, there were a few tracks that were left out from the OST, and these will be added to an “Original Soundtrack Plus” that’s coming later this month.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: Original Soundtrack Plus consists of 25 tracks that come from various cut-scenes, events, and other rearranged songs that didn’t make the final cut in the original OST, Square Enix have announced.

The album will have songs like a Yusnaan version of Battle on the Big Bridge, Serah’s Theme (Piano version) and more.

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII: Original Soundtrack Plus will be released on March 26, 2014 for 2,000 yen in Japan.
    http://www.siliconera.com/2014/03/18...al-soundtrack/
    http://www.square-enix.co.jp/music/s...a/LRFF13/plus/

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Finished yesterday some questions bout the ending:

Yeul/Caius:
    Spoiler: show
    so all the Yeuls (sans the last one) + Caius are the new 'Etro'?

So, the unseen chaos (Yeuls) control all the chaos now? Did they have some sudden enlightenment that I missed out on? The whole point of their involvement in LR was that they are a powerful contradiction: some want death, others want life.

Hmm. Confused.

Hope
    Lightning mentions to Bhunivelze that he has a human inside of him. Bhunivelze mentions he felt emotions. Why did Bhunivelze have Hope inside of him, and just Hope?

People talked about the game being predictable, many parts were (looking at you Bhunivelze) but infairness I was left guessing about Lumina until the very end. Also, I predicted that obviously
    Lightning would become the new Etro
    which I was surprised to see not happen.

Irish Vagabond
    BG Level

Also, for fucksake SE its 2014 Vanille and Fang kissing would not have been that big of a deal. Jesus Christ.

Also annoyed that they made reference that Hope had a crush on Vanille.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

PC version still in Development, No ETA for Arrival