An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I'm considering removing missions/quests from zone info. Missions just don't seem that important to know. If we write a quests page organizing quests by series/fame earned, idk why knowing the missions/quests would be important for the zone's main page. Updating the pages with each additional quest/mission will be a bitch when SOA appears too.

That said, any reason I should keep them there? Also, any immediate fixes to what is already up/planned? http://bg-wiki.com/bg/User:Yugl/Sand....2C_and_Chests

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I have never been a fan of the Missions/Quest sections. They are very difficult to keep current and don't really add in that much useful information.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Not sure if I hate the Beau pic or the design (If I redesigned, I would probably shorten the table width and use mini-landscape pics). Here is the current design for zones though: http://bg-wiki.com/bg/User:Yugl/Sandbox/FFXIZoneArea

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Some of the tables can be mutually exclusive. For example, no zone has Fields of Valor and Grounds of Valor. Also, zones seem to be limited to one HELM-type activity, so there only needs to be one HELM table along with Fishing and Chocobo Digging.

Also, try out the top table with a current large header image. It may look a little fuller and bring more life to the page. Also, maybe keep the NPC table like the current one (two columns), just update the style and color.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The current NPC table is three columns (Says "Function" instead of "Notes"). I'll try a few reworks of the initial table though. Other stuff are there, but are mutually exclusive. Having all of them there just means you delete stuff when adding to a page rather than rewriting entire tables.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    The current NPC table is three columns (Says "Function" instead of "Notes"). I'll try a few reworks of the initial table though. Other stuff are there, but are mutually exclusive. Having all of them there just means you delete stuff when adding to a page rather than rewriting entire tables.
    I mean having two columns of NPCs with the three columns of information as opposed to the one column of NPCs.

For the HELM stuff, I was mainly thinking about having one standard color for all HELM, then you replace the title as needed for the zone.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added the two column NPCs. Yhoater and Yuhtunga have two HELM activities (Maybe more zones have them too), so we can't rename them.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Added image with zone information using a new line. There's no way to add the image and the preliminary info using the same space, but the current configuration looks weird too. I'll try centering the weather and points of access as well.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only quest that i'd want is if its for the map.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Added image with zone information using a new line. There's no way to add the image and the preliminary info using the same space, but the current configuration looks weird too. I'll try centering the weather and points of access as well.
    Right, I forgot about the harvesting when it rains.

You can get rid of the Table of Content (__NOTOC__) and widen the preliminary information table to accommodate the larger image.

May want to keep the spawn conditions and notable drops for Notorious Monsters. I probably should make a template for the linking and aggression icons, will make it easier to place it in the tables.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Drops is on the NM table. There's not enough room for spawn condition or position since those are replaced with the genus of the mob.

Cutting from the drops/behavior section, that circled spot is the most we can allocate without having that weird stacking effect. Remember that part of that box will go to the sorting button.

That said, keeping pop condition/position off the zone listing is preferable for two reasons:

1. The current information is simple with the exception of drops. Simple makes redundant editing less painful (Required for each NM that spawns).

2. The current information is aimed towards travel and identification.
    Travel: If running through a zone and happen to find these NMs, what should I know?
    Identification: If looking for an NM, but do not know the name, what type of information will help me identify this NM? (Drops/Genus/Level)

Otherwise, you're aiming for an NM and know the NM's identity. From there, you can check the page for spawn condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Dngnhack View Post
    Only quest that i'd want is if its for the map.
    Map acquisition (The main table) already has that, so I've decided to keep quests/missions off the page.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Page without TOC: http://bg-wiki.com/bg/User:Yugl/Sandbox/FFXIZoneArea

Edit: If we get a 290x195 ratio, that looks nice since that closely matches the other table's size.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Uploaded Bestiary images. If you want to look at them, search for File:Category using BG-Wiki.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just finished watching them all, awesome work. Love the poses and the filters are really nice. Also, wtf there's 4 different categories of bombs?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Four? I know bomb, snoll, and djinn. Were you including clusters? Atm,the plan is to do...

Arcana
    Bomb
    Bomb

Arcana
    Bomb
    Djinn

Arcana
    Snoll
    Snoll

Arcana
    Cluster
    Cluster

The reason is because snolls and bombs/djinn are counted differently for magian staff trials. If SE would release an "official" bestiary, this would be more certain.

Theory Fighter
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Frejan Schultz
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was counting clusters, yeah. I was surprised because there are other mobs with similar degrees of variation (lizards, in the hot and cold variety, etc.) but those are in the same category. However, I didn't know the different bombs counted for different trials!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Currently, Genus, Mission, Quest, Zone, and Craft designs are done: http://bg-wiki.com/bg/User_talk:Yugl

Looking at NPCs, what type of information is necessary? I'm thinking:

Location/Position (Table, so that multiple appearances means multiple entries)
    Options (This will be for NPCs you interact with such as Atma NPC)

OR

Have each zone as a subject, so you'll see

== Zone 1 ==
    Position: G-9
    Dialogue:
    Table (If any; only used if you select stuff like atmas or merchant items)

== Zone 2 ==
    Position: G-9
    Dialogue:
    Table (If any; only used if you select stuff like atmas or merchant items)

Looking to remove "type" since that doesn't help at all (Ok, I know he's a "quest" npc; so what?). May retain "Initiates X quest", but unsure. May move history onto the NPC page, but that depends on where Sept plans on keeping the history of vanadiel stored.