+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I really love that the OST is done by Naoshi Mizuta. Really all I want from this game is the OST lol. It's nice that they updated the old versions for this one.

That battle theme~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

What the fuck man.

Spoiler: show

Oh and the boss theme for vs the four generals is one of the greatest things ever.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Videos aren't that great in quality, but the only ones I could find.

And personally I prefer the darkness battle theme over the light, but that's because the beginning kinda gives off that Abyssea battle theme vibe.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    What the fuck man.

Oh and the boss theme for vs the four generals is one of the greatest things ever.
    I love those small jokes they throw in, like Alba's perverted sense of humor. I loved when they found a a bookcase stacked floor to roof with dirty magazines and she goes "Ooh, look at that girl, want to see?" > "I knew you were a party pooper". Or first time you wake up I world of darkness and she goes "Did you take advantage of me?!", "No", "I knew ou were a party pooper."

She's my favorite character

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wow, it takes forever to get back to playing the darkness group side. Also, I think my only complaint so far about the game is just the sprites and how the pixel artist used gradients out the wazoo. It's one thing to anti-alias (given there will always be some sort of AA), but overloading on colors... Idk, maybe it's just how I've been trained to do pixel art, but I was always told to at max use 4~5 tones per color (if not less). I did my own version of the same sprite using far less colors.

http://i48.tinypic.com/14vqkjd.png

Anyways I'll just shut up now and play the game.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Given the 32-bit colour nature of the rest of the visuals, the sprites would stand out badly if they had to abide by SNES palette limitations.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

It really really really does look RPG Maker like -- I'd be fooled.

On the bright side, I hope some clever guy rips the game apart and makes it available for use/customisation.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

For stat whores or people who want a bit of direction on what jobs to level on characters

Character Stat Bonus
    Sol - +HP20 MP5 STR3 SPD3 VIT2
    Aigis - +HP10 MP10 STR3 VIT3 INT1 MND1
    Dusk - +HP6 MP12 INT3 MND5
    Serah - +HP2 MP14 SPD2 INT3 MND3

Nacht - +HP20 MP5 STR2 SPD5 VIT1
    Glaive - +HP30 MP0 STR4 SPD1 VIT3
    Alba - +HP0 MP15 INT5 MND3
    Diana - +HP4 MP13 SPD2 INT2 MND4

Besides those character bonuses stats are static and based on the job, your LVL, and your JLV stat bonus %. Oh and you NEED to have a dedicated WHM on each team since the later bosses are BRUTAL.

Not 100% sure on this but if they kept this mechanic from JP version, You can master 4 classes on each character through story JP alone. 2 more classes can be master through challenge dungeon JP coins, and the rest can be mastered from farming a post game boss which drops unlimited coins that give JP.

Lastly seriously don't bother leveling summoner above JLV5 for MP+20% on mages. It sucks till endgame. Also in every scenario whenever you find a moogle who talks about a fire mountain to the south or violent earthquakes to the west, those are summon dungeons, do them before doing the final dungeon in the scenario, you can backtrace back if you completed the scenario.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Man I really hope they port this game over to 3DS since I hate playing games on my iPhone.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is Bard broken? Aiding Anthem never does anything for me. It says it heals allies for the duration of the song, but it never heals any.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Is Bard broken? Aiding Anthem never does anything for me. It says it heals allies for the duration of the song, but it never heals any.
    It heals like regen but no numbers show onscreen or anything, just look at your characters health while the atb is running.

This gem happened yesterday and shows why Alba is the best FF character.

I'm now 44 hours in and in the middle of chapter 4 scenario 2, everyone is around level 60. The story really hit off with a lot of plot twist. Now there is access to all members 8 and you can pick a party of 5 between all of them. The battle music depends on whether the first member is a warrior of light or darkness <3. Finally free access to the airship and world map as well.

Red Mage is also overpowered as fuck. Celes Runic skill, Dual Cast, Magic Blade (all attacks are 8mp only, Osmose Sword can restore up to 70mp!) and access to light armor, swords (Enhancer gives 77ATK and 5INT/MND), shields, bows, and Mage armor. They also have great hp and speed too.

Protips: You can drain MP from every enemy except undead. Break works on the majority of beast its a really good spell, learn to love it. Debuff spells seem to have insanely high accuracy in this game, either it works or it doesn't.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Finally starting to appear on YT. Also, glad to hear red mage is actually good in this game, since I dumped a lot of JP into it on one of my characters >_>

and just in case you haven't checked out the story tab in the main website, some decent art for each portion of the chapters (only picked my favorites):

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

LOL @ that image.

Damnit this game needs to come out for Android already. :/

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely View Post
    It heals like regen but no numbers show onscreen or anything, just look at your characters health while the atb is running.

This gem happened yesterday and shows why Alba is the best FF character.
    Hehe, yeah. Also the Ranger part where he goes "My name is clou-" and Alba responds "And my name is Aeri-"

Those songs have me sitting here picking out chords and such that have shown up in other FF tracks. Basically, they're giant remixes. x.x

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah, the boss theme immediately made me think of the boss theme in FF8, lol.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Found someone who is uploading the chiptune versions of the songs.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

You assholes are making me want to buy this game.

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    You assholes are making me want to buy this game.
    ^

This game looks awesome, hoping it'll become a Vita download-able sometime as I'm an nub with no smart phone