+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Alright, RPGmaker look aside:

Is this a solid FF title on par with IV, V (screw you, I liked it) and VI?

And is it decently long enough to justify the $30 price tag?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

hey i loved V too so your not alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ayn View Post
    You assholes are making me want to buy this game.
    Same here, and an iPad/iPod w/e to play it on...

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You assholes are making me want to buy this game.
    Is a good thing they're not supporting 1st/2nd-gen Touch devices in my case. Can't even play the demo of something that would easily run on those old devices.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Viq View Post
    Some of us just don't find our iPhones/iPods/iPads fun to play games on for any length of time. As someone else mentioned, lacking a d-pad is kind of uncomfortable and off-putting for some people. Would I pay $30 for this if it was a DS game? Probably. Do I want to pay $30 to play it on my phone, which I don't even like playing games on? Not at all.
    Kinda like wanting to play smash bros with a gamecube controller, where you get a dpad, a control stick, the c-stick, L + R, A, B, X, Y, vs Wii mote where you get A + B + Z + Dpad, and if you want, lolnunchuck

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Its definitely far better than IV and V and on par or better than VI depending on how hard you fanboy that game.

Length? I'm at 55 hours and I'm right before the final boss dungeon and there's still a lot of sidequest and bosses I have open. Then there is also post game goodies for more JP to raise job caps and ultimate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha
    Is a good thing they're not supporting 1st/2nd-gen Touch devices in my case. Can't even play the demo of something that would easily run on those old devices.
    I am playing this on my iPod 4g and the game has some intense visual effect for spells and cutscenes and such, I lagged a few times on some so I can see why they decided against support for it. Also it looks so gewd on my screen, don't let the screen shots fool you, its doesn't feel at all like cheap cashin made via amateur RPG maker.

Screenshots! Clicky for moar Alba.
    Spoiler: show

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sigh.

Looks like I'll pick this one up then.

Looking like Chaos Rings, ASH, and this.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Honestly, yes. It's a good game

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Too bad SE is fucking android users outside of Japan in the ass.

Maybe in a few months.

I also really hope that they let you map buttons. I have a slider because I like playing emulators on my phone, since I always have my phone on me, fuck taking a DS or PSP to wherever I'm going, unless it's a long trip/flight/etc. They didn't in ff3 which was incredibly lame, so probably not. :/

If the game is cracked/piratable I might give it a try, but no way in hell I'm paying full price for a game on my piece of shit itouch that I despise and only use for music on plane flights to brasil because I left my regular phone behind.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Just finished the prologue, and while I really liked it I just can't justify dropping $30 on it when I dislike the iOS interface so much. If this was on a stand alone handheld I would easily drop the $30.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ugh, this game looks awesome. Speaking of Chaos Rings...has there been any update on when it's coming to US?

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by -Zer0- View Post
    Speaking of Chaos Rings...has there been any update on when it's coming to US?
    All of them are already out on the iOS app store for quite some time now. Chaos Rings 2 came out five months ago.

Only played the original one quite awhiles back. Reminded me of a PSX-era JRPG, but streamlined a little for touch interface.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Oop, I meant to add on for Android :X. Envious of iOS for getting all the love.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Just finished the prologue, and while I really liked it I just can't justify dropping $30 on it when I dislike the iOS interface so much. If this was on a stand alone handheld I would easily drop the $30.
    Maybe it's a problem on smaller devices like phones or iTouch, but on iPad it works excellent, and the handheld UI really doesn't bother me at all. It's quite easy to control, and the auto-battle function is excellent. If you want, you can set the cursor to "Memory" and have your thief auto-flee from every battle if you want to, or have it set up so your healer uses Cura on the entire group every chance he gets.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    Maybe it's a problem on smaller devices like phones or iTouch, but on iPad it works excellent, and the handheld UI really doesn't bother me at all. It's quite easy to control, and the auto-battle function is excellent. If you want, you can set the cursor to "Memory" and have your thief auto-flee from every battle if you want to, or have it set up so your healer uses Cura on the entire group every chance he gets.

I absolutely love Dancer, and Memorist, too, despite the last one being sucky unless you go through the gimmicky steps of gathering memories for it to not be sucky-worthy. It's my main healer and main damage dealer, depending on the situation, thanks to Doublecast and all summons. Just have it double cast Curaja after a big attack from a boss, then you can doublecast MP drain (don't remember the name)... to get your MP back. Best part is that as long as you've obtained the main abilities on the character (like Summon), you don't need to actually have a summoner at lvl 20 to cast the highest level summon. You can have all jobs at lvl 3 and still have access to the highest level spell or ability through Memorandom, which makes Doublecast godly as it gives you access to every spell in the game. And you can't ever run out of mana, either. Once you level your Memorist up, you can also use Memorandom or Recollect on any other job, too, which gives access to amazing abilities or immense stat boosts with pretty much unlimited MP.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    Yeah, I have an iTouch so that could be part of the problem. I can see it being much better on the iPad since they have a lot more area to work with.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Meek Marcello
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Finally put in the time to finish it. Final Boss was fun and dat music. Now I can do the Coliseum super bosses for equipment, farm for ultimate weapons, and level up jobs.

First screenshot is my character stats, I beat it in 60 hours. Its soooooo loooooooooooooooong, second is alba's (<3) ending joke, maybee a bit spoilerish.

Spoiler: show

BG Level

I dont see myself beeing able to play on iphone and dont want an ipad just for that

Need 3ds or wiiu version!

V is the best of the trio. It actually had customization (unlike FFIV) and diversity (unlike FFVI).

BG Level

FFV battle graphic were bad when you saw it the first time but game was awsome