+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    It is on sale ATM i think it's like um lets se

Prologue Free
    Chapter 1 3.99
    Chapter 2-3-4 9.99 iirc

So atm it'S on sale
    That's for iOS, on Android it's straight up $20 with no demo or anything. I think i'm going to wait it out, I'm not convinced a 2D game is worth $20 even if it is Final Fantasy.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd argue it's well worth it, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Uzor View Post
    QFT.

Atma Weapon
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zadora Madruk
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I would agree, I'm about 4 hours in and once I got used to the controls it kind of hooked me with nostalgia charm. I also have always wished that there were an FF where you play the dark warriors, so this one hit me right there. The job system seems like a nice mix of abilities from FFV, FFTactics and FFXI, so no complaints from me.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Dancer and Memorist are by far the best jobs imo. I always have 1 Memorist and 1 Dancer in my party. Memorist is, imo, the best damage dealer and the best healer - whereas Dancer is one of the best healers and buffers. Bard is good, too, but I prefer Dancer.

Magus on Dark side with Dual Cast or Manafont is pretty good too, but they can't equip Recollect, so they can't get as high intelligence. Besides; Memorist serves the double purpose of being able to double cast both Holy, Meteor, Curaga, Araise and Osmose.

Or, you know, mix and match. Why not Holy followed by Osmose? Or Curaga followed by Osmose, giving you unlimited MP.

The only time it doesn't work is when you're fighting Undead, which is why you have the Dancer as a backup healer.

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Like always, I have the same complaint about SE's games. (besides the ridiculous delay!)

Why can't they give people the option of using a keyboard for controls if they have one? Why do their games have to be freaking touch only? I still have my slider android because I prefer playing games with a keyboard instead of touch... bleh.

Hopefully the controls aren't too clunky, been looking forward to this for a while.

gotta control my instincts and pretend
    not to be a shitposter/homophobe

BG Level

Dancer and Memorist are by far the best jobs imo.
    General consensus is that those are actually the two worst jobs in the entire game.
    Dancer has nothing to offer over other jobs (mages are better for support and every other dark warrior job is better for offense), while Memorists's only good ability (Recollect) should be used on other classes. Memorandom is too unreliable and doesn't stop the flow of the battle, so you'll most likely take unecessary damage while screwing around with that. To make things worse auto-battle doesn't work with it.

Even Bard and Jobless are more useful, because the former is necessary to learn many good f-abilities and the latter gains two extra ability slots once you master the other classes, making it essentially a better Memorist (on the light warrios side at least).

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Honestly have no idea why you'd consider them the two worst games, I beat the entire game with those 2 jobs. Yes, if you level every job on your Memorist, it will be unreliable. When I beat the game, my Memorist had Sage, Black Mage, Memorist and Red Mage lvled to 20 - meaning those are the only jobs that show up on Memorandom.

And Dancer can main heal an entire party by itself without support, just give them Mental Discipline and you're good to go, won't ever run out of MP.

I'm sure if you level every job Memorist will be unreliable, but you can beat the entire game and all side things without lvling every job to max on your Memorist character.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Burningthought View Post
    That's for iOS, on Android it's straight up $20 with no demo or anything. I think i'm going to wait it out, I'm not convinced a 2D game is worth $20 even if it is Final Fantasy.
    Really well still worth it

The reason why I can't myself buy it, is because i don't like games on the Iphone Screen, and i'm not sure i'll have money for an Ipad Mini one day

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Just got it last night and I'm having fun with it, I really don't feel its worth 20 bucks though. I'd say maybe 10 dollars!

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

This.

I haven't been this hooked to an Android game in... ever. That's all you need to know. I'm sneaking play sessions on the helpdesk when Big Boss isn't looking.

I'm playing it on my Nexus 4.

Blue Magic is Best Magic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Draylo View Post
    Just got it last night and I'm having fun with it, I really don't feel its worth 20 bucks though. I'd say maybe 10 dollars!
    Eh I take that back, this game is awesome and worth it !

Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Lol. It's definitely worth the $20.

The sad part is that this game is a lot better than most of the crap SE has churned out in the past few years. (Well, fun-wise, and imo, anyway. Obviously it's not better looking than FF13/-2, although I personally love the charm of the 2d graphics.)

Feels like I'm playing FF7 had it still been a SNES game that followed previous formulas.

My one other nitpick is all of the misalignment in text boxes, lik
    e when a word is partially on one line and partially on the othe
    r. That's just poor localization quality.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Alba alone makes that game worth $20.

F5 Like A Boss.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuroki Kaze
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Twisting Nether

Quote Originally Posted by Fievel View Post
    Alba alone makes that game worth $20.
    "My name is Clou-"

"Yeah sure and my name is Aeri-!"

I agree with Julian... Thats actually mildly annoying when you encounter it. I think it has to do with the different resolutions available on Android as opposed to iOS... Like the game was only tested on one specific res.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fitz Everleigh
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I haven't noticed the text issue on my iPhone 5. And yes, Alba is worth the $20 alone; she's one of my favorite FF characters.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Re: Final Fantasy Dimensions (iOS/Android)

Text issue is my only real gripe as well. How do you learn F-Abilities?

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Callisto View Post
    Text issue is my only real gripe as well. How do you learn F-Abilities?
    http://www.deltaattack.com/2012/10/0...tips-and-help/

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just bought chapter 3-4, need an iPad mini now, can't stand it on my iphone lol

Even after finishing the game, I still enjoy it. Getting the ultimate weapons and maxing out my jobs.

I hope they release a 5th chapter with something like the crystal tower mixed with nyzul isle. 100 floors of mazes and puzzles with a super boss every 10~20 floors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast