Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Mythic de-mythification     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Meditate can't contribute to AM3 maintain except during the last 17 seconds because you constantly use the tps up to this point.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Melchior Ballester
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Not my fault ; regarless on the mob I try to compare someone will QQ. If you don't like the strong setups, stick to the weak setup which covers everything. When taking into account the heavy burden that keeping AM3 up is, none of the mythic beside SAM are good, the only job that never sucks is war, drk has to bleed to beat monk, and in the end monks win because everyone has to sub nin in salvage ?
    Why subbing nin in salvage?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Can get 300 tp in under 17 sec with koga. Only takes around 3-5 sec per ws when fully hasted. It often seems like you have constant 2h going.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by macross View Post
    Can get 300 tp in under 17 sec with koga. Only takes around 3-5 sec per ws when fully hasted. It often seems like you have constant 2h going.
    This is a fair question. What haste values did you use for this simulation?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Probably is pretty close to 17s at capped haste tbh. I'll try to clock it a bit later. Obviously sometimes you will get tp much faster, but you have to account for getting unlucky on 2-3 as well.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

No simulations, just actually using it. Heck in VW it's faster to not pop wings as you can get TP faster just swinging. Often get enough tp to ws again by the time you land after shoha animation. Pretty sure you can just equip a soboro and will get similar results.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I was asking pchan about his simulations.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

No simulations, just actually using it. Heck in VW it's faster to not pop wings as you can get TP faster just swinging. Often get enough tp to ws again by the time you land after shoha animation. Pretty sure you can just equip a soboro and will get similar results.
    Isn't ever worth using wings regardless besides to activate aftermaths. I have certainly had times where my DPS dropped a lot because I overestimated how fast I would get tp, and had to get like 80 or more TP without aftermath on. 17s is probably a bit too much, but I don't see it being that much different on average.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by pchan View Post
    Meditate can't contribute to AM3 maintain except during the last 17 seconds because you constantly use the tps up to this point.
    Yes but is meditate factored in to those 17 seconds or not?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

For Dragoon: The wyvern has 318* base delay and with /SAM the Wyvern is getting ~9TP/hit, the Wyvern also benefits from AM3. If The DRG in the last 30 seconds used both Jumps and meditate they could easily hit 230+ easily or if they're lucky, 300% but in cases where they're really close they can Spirit Link tranfer half of the Wyvern's TP to quickly make up the remaining amount. To see if it's even a significant amount, I tested to see on average how much TP a Wyvern with AMIII and Haste could generate in 30 seconds.

With AM III and Empathy'd Haste, my wyvern on average hit about 14x in 30 seconds with each hit giving roughly 9 TP. This amounted to about 106ish TP on average. Of course it was a small sample size and AM3 can be finicky. But that 100ish TP in 30 seconds means a DRG can Spirit Link steal about 50 TP from the wyvern in those last 30 seconds where he stops weapon skilling. It would speed up TP generation a decent amount if he was unlucky with OA2-3 procs on Jumps and it's an instant 50TP on average just use <petthpp> to see if if the amount it will give you brings you to 300% instantly so you don't get that 3 second JA delay leaving you at 298% TP.

*Source:
    攻撃間隔 318
    (http://wiki.ffo.jp/html/1888.html)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure he didn't account for JAs at all on DRG. Soul/Spirit Jump with AM up give an average of ~10 swings worth of TP and cost you 3 seconds to use. That's most of the way there in 1/10 the time he has listed.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Could be that he averaged the likelihood of either jump being up during that period.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Just playing with Koga math for a second.

Needing 300tp, 18.8tp from your last Shoha (assuming 2hit only) = 281.2 remaining.

Koga SAM can get 22.7 tp a swing

So 13 swings to 300tp (min TP per swing 21.7)

90delay (450x20%) x 13 = 19.5 seconds to 300tp. That doesn't factor in any DA(20%)QA(2%), Zanhasso(16%) or Med. (or if timed correctly OA2-3 from previous AM)

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The numbers he listed were before AM3 wore, so AM3 is definitely applicable.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Could be that he averaged the likelihood of either jump being up during that period.
    Then he did it very poorly. Jumps are remarkably easy to cycle along with aftermath. I seldom spend more than a few seconds refreshing it, granted the fight has some kind of meaningful length to it(dynamis mobs would slow me down by a few additional seconds, for instance)

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Detzu View Post
    Why subbing nin in salvage?
    Seriously, we clear HQ boss and all NMs along the way with DNC/SAM + SCH/RDM 2box, MNK/WAR + WHM/SCH (2box) + THF (3box) ... with significant time remaining.
    Once the SCH gets JAs and Spells, the WHM mule barely has to cure at all until the HQ boss. Why so /NIN?

Regen V is kind of sort of awesome, and even with Gimpbrava, it's icing on the cake for the boss fight.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

The bosses I've found seem to have capped accuracy too, atleast HQ khim wasnt missing my thief, so you'll just spend all your time casting Utsu.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Though MNK is likely going to be out damaging a DD that's using seigan, that's my main reason for using it. It's also generally the easiest DD to dualbox in my opinion.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

My DNC isn't really performing any evasive miracles vs. Prideleader (I don't really even bother with Third Eye, I just blood tank and survive with the WHM mule - SCH mule sits out of range to paralyna WHM mule when it gets Fulminationed), so unless you somehow managed to get inflicted with Aegis Schism during the fight, I don't see any reason you'd be using Seigan either.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    Seriously, we clear HQ boss and all NMs along the way with DNC/SAM + SCH/RDM 2box, MNK/WAR + WHM/SCH (2box) + THF (3box) ... with significant time remaining.
    Once the SCH gets JAs and Spells, the WHM mule barely has to cure at all until the HQ boss. Why so /NIN?

Regen V is kind of sort of awesome, and even with Gimpbrava, it's icing on the cake for the boss fight.
    Please check the date of pchan's post. Pchan made this suggestion of /NIN a few months before Neo salvage. At that time, we did not know how difficult neo salvage would be, so it's not wrong for him to suggest that DD might need to /NIN.