+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 77 FirstFirst ... 26 66 74 75 76 77 LastLast

Why do people overreact to good changes? all i read anywhere about the changes to dungeons is that its against players with alts. Well i'm sorry that you cant run CoF p1 on 10 alts for 600 tokens a day, cause those tokens are clearly being spent on gearing up all those toons. a friend of mine worked out that if you ran every single dungeon path you can make almost 50g a day now. thank god they nerfed CoF farming, that shit is the most boring thing ever invented.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Everything seems to be "against alts". Generation we live in I guess, people want to do something once and have it count 8 times.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mayorri Static
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Sci View Post
    They really need to add more incentives to PVP in general. In GW1, you could get PVE crafting materials/unlock skills for the account/special PVE skills that increased in power as you "ranked up" in PVP. I don't even PVP much, and I think I'm sitting on around 80k glory with really no reason to spend any of it. Maybe even just being able to purchase unidentified dye, or better yet, purchase account bound dyes of your choosing would be a great addition. You can buy chests which have a chance of having an unid dye in them, but it should be more direct.
    In a fairly recent podcast involving Jonathan Sharp, Supcutie, Zombify and 2 other people who I can't remember the names of, they put incentives as a topic of discussion. Sharp said that they are currently working on unique rewards for tPvP that you will only be able to gain by winning tournaments and will be available nowhere else in the game, he also mentions the potential for different game modes. The incentives are coming, I just hope they don't take too long. Right now, PvP is my only real reason to keep playing the game.

Actually, I just found it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pabPl4SYtU

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Everything seems to be "against alts". Generation we live in I guess, people want to do something once and have it count 8 times.
    Well, there's a fine line between "handing people shit" and "running the same old content x times a y and it just becoming boring/dumb/repetitive" to consider. For those without an alt army, someone being able to gear up an individual character x times faster because of it does border a bit on the unfair side, namely in the "bastard has a hell of a lot more free time than I do" kind of way. On the other hand, having your progress slowed x times because a reward system isn't alt-friendly is another matter.

a friend of mine worked out that if you ran every single dungeon path you can make almost 50g a day now.
    This depresses me because I've tried playing a few times over the past week, but in general open world PvEing chasing events, working out dailies, and such, I maybe made 1g or so a day tops. I fucking hate dungeon spamming, nevermind how some simply suck for time:effort here. I seriously wish players could better track events while Anet would stop widening the profit gap even further. Or at least give me shit I could quest out that isn't legendary weapon dumb.

well AC all paths is 4.5g in less than an hour if you have a capable group and skip the champions & kholer/troll

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Tried to log in to do the gauntlet and all these "optimizations" make my game run at 10 FPS now on lowest settings. The 3 bosses I did seemed pretty cool but dodging 10 tornadoes that cut my FPS from 10 to 5 is 0 fun so I guess I'll pass on progressing further. Thanks for making your game unplayable Anet.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Tornado bitch was easy, what you smoking nigga

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

5 FPS bro. I could barely move and then got hit once which combo'd me from 100% -> 0% (lol no stun breaks set), I didn't even bother trying again with adjusted skills.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Didn't really have that problem. Are a lot of people having it?

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I dunno, Shiyo was getting less FPS than before too but still 20+ even in a big mob of people. I'm on a laptop but I used to play at a constant 30 FPS outside of WvW (even then I'd get 15+). Apparently the new optimizations just made the game more GPU intensive rather than CPU, which fucks me on a mobile card. I can run XIV on high at 30 FPS (capped to keep laptop cool) so I dunno why this runs so poorly now. Just gonna have to throw together a new PC before I jump in to the game seriously again, sucks I'm gonna have to miss out on the temp content in some cases though. I've been craving some hard and well designed fights and now I'm not in a position to do them, gg.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I personally haven't noticed any difference in performance, or even heard anybody else talking about one. I think you're exaggerating, and probably picked the destroyer area that had a 50+ zerg fighting right underneath you.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Was in a fairly unpopulated overflow, dunno which section I was above but it was at the SW end. Definitely not exaggerating but believe what you want, too tired to log in just to SS my FPS.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

SW is destroyers :3 That's where everybody farms in between events, look down if you play again.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I dunno, Shiyo was getting less FPS than before too but still 20+ even in a big mob of people. I'm on a laptop but I used to play at a constant 30 FPS outside of WvW (even then I'd get 15+). Apparently the new optimizations just made the game more GPU intensive rather than CPU, which fucks me on a mobile card. I can run XIV on high at 30 FPS (capped to keep laptop cool) so I dunno why this runs so poorly now. Just gonna have to throw together a new PC before I jump in to the game seriously again, sucks I'm gonna have to miss out on the temp content in some cases though. I've been craving some hard and well designed fights and now I'm not in a position to do them, gg.
    Check the graphics options they added a few more options you may need to adjust.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

"Hey remember when we promised a new set of Legendary weapons and used it as a marketing point for HoT? Uh, just kidding!"

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Wow that's really fucking scummy. HoT really hasn't lived up to its price tag in any capacity so far. Even the new class has been nerfed into oblivion.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Agreed. And just to rub salt in the gaping wound the last legendary is a friggin shortbow.

I really wish I could find a new MMO to play. I was hoping by now HoT would be more fleshed out by now, but nothing has really changed and I don't have much of an interest in raids.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Lol at saying Revenant was nerfed to oblivion. Easily the best PvP class and has a mandatory raid spot.

But yeah if you don't like raids or leagues then HoT isn't for you. Open world stuff is fun but the maps get old p'quick. I don't mind them stalling on the new legendary's though. It's fluff content and there are bigger fish to fry. Gotta get the LW updates cranking again, it's been way too long.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Lol at saying Revenant was nerfed to oblivion. Easily the best PvP class and has a mandatory raid spot.
    Still heavily desired for GvG/WvW too.

E. Body
    BG Level

Half day from work, but LWS3 patch is broken ._.a