+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 77 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    New Spam Forum
    BG Level

I've experienced nothing but issues with the join command. Having to relog/zone countless times for the privilege to play with friends. Trust me, it's still broken.

Trust me, it's not broken for 90% of us. I'm sorry you're bad at interacting with people in an MMO. I've joined a few guilds with very friendly people and I've interacted with a boatload of people that I've met through simply playing the game.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

THE MAPS FUCKING SUCK. No way of seeing where I'm going when I click M is stupid.

The auto-loot button is the same button to interact with NPCs, why?

LFG system for dungeons?

There's a clusterfuck on my screen as soon as someone touches the mob i'm fighting. Unlike in FFXI with WS-> WS = Skillchain, GW2 pretty much says fuck to you for trying to be resourceful to others. FIRE BOLT FIRE BOLT FIRE BOLT FIRE BOLT

WP scaling with levels (I literally just found this out and I'm kind of pissed)

Broken AH system + Broken ways to trade items with people = a Broken way to interact with people

Although shit gets tougher, and you have to redo your entire gameplay mechanics later on. You learn nothing new from level 10 and on. Cut and paste gameplay mechanics

Overall the game is enjoyable, a lot of shitty things about this game are minor and can be fixed EXCEPT my last point, combat gets a bit stale.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Nearly every aspect of the game is flawed in some way. From the atrocious model clipping (I literally saw a Charr with his own armor piercing the side of his neck). To the super sketchy and often ridiculous jumping mechanic. Controls/input lag and general unresponsive nature. I can forgive the Trading Post being down. I can forgive the join command not working yet. What I can't forgive is nearly every fucking mission being bugged. Often times requiring a full restart.

I wanted to love this game.

For me, this is a bigger let down than FFXIV. And that's saying a lot.

I'm not safe on my island
    Nikkei will still get me.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I think combat will either be very hit or miss with people. I like it because it makes you think before you pop a skill. Used your CC too early and now you need it again but it's on CD. Sucks to be you.

But I understand people who want WoW style combat with 100 different abilities at all times so you can continually spam whatever the hell you feel like.

BG Level

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Ohemgee View Post
    I think you'll like Alex Albrecht's thoughts:

http://revision3.com/trs/guild-wars-2 - around 9:30
    Also, having watched some of this vid makes me kind of laugh. This dude wants to play WoW, and that's all there is to it. "I want mounts. Period" Lol, motherfucker. 90% of MMOs don't have mounts that you can use anywhere you feel like. WoW and WoW clones do. Fuck mounts.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm very forgiving on how the combat system is. Because I knew what it was prior to playing. I guess I'm just upset at the grind 50-80 feels like.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-0JHEL8Pl_E...00/ohno1vw.gif

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

As entertaining as this is, if you want to complain please move it to the complaint thread. [/killjoy]

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

50-80 to me was pretty easy because I mixed crafting (Got me a fuck ton of levels) with WvWvW when caravans and shit worked to actual map exploration.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Nearly every aspect of the game is flawed in some way. From the atrocious model clipping (I literally saw a Charr with his own armor piercing the side of his neck). To the super sketchy and often ridiculous jumping mechanic. Controls/input lag and general unresponsive nature. I can forgive the Trading Post being down. I can forgive the join command not working yet. What I can't forgive is nearly every fucking mission being bugged. Often times requiring a full restart.

I wanted to love this game.

Never ran into a bugged mission and I'm up to the level 60-70 batch. The rest of your complaints sound like you just have a shitty internet connection/computer. While yes there has been some intermittent lag/unresponsiveness on their end, it's uncommon enough for me to not care. As somebody who HAS a shitty internet connection most of the time it was on my end but yes in zones with dungeons especially I was getting some bad lag from time to time. Everything for the most part though has run really smoothly. I haven't seen any model clipping to speak of but I don't doubt there is some with the variety of races there are in the game. Are you really going to argue that a game like WoW didn't have model clipping when it first started out too?

Every single issue you've mentioned can and will be fixed or has been already.

I'm sorry that the game isn't what you wanted but you are obviously looking for something else.

EDIT: Whoops didn't see Eanae's post. Can move it to complaint topic if you want.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Game hasn't been a grind to me, been doing a little bit of everything and I've been enjoying every minute of it.

On to the legitimate complaints:

-If they are going to have auto-loot and talk to npcs be on the same button, MAKE IT SO YOU CAN'T INTERACT WITH NPCS DURING COMBAT. Holy shit it is so annoying when I'm trying to pick up loot while fighting trash mobs and I keep having dialogue cut off half my screen.

-WP Scaling with level is kinda stupid but minor annoyance, same goes with armor damage in WvW, you make enough money from doing anything in the game that it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience, they could definitely lower both though.

-Maps not being detailed enough. I've gotten used to them but they could definitely use more elevation detail.

-Should be an option to limit how many effects are on screen at once so I can actually see what's happening to a mob and also help with FPS in WvW.

-Ability to bind left control + another key for my utility skills. Right control works but not left control.

-They need to not make DEs that require collecting of items scale so harshly depending on how many people are there. 10 or more people in the same area and you're just sitting there waiting for respawns of the items or mobs and the event takes forever. Or keep it the way it is and make rewards scale up with number of people as well. Either way do something about it.

-Make people not be retarded in WvW. >_> All I can think of for now.

I don't know why your bitching about repair costs in WvW, if you're doing it right your not dying often enough for it to be an inconvenience shit, in 3 hours of WvW last night i made 4 gold dying a total of maybe 3 times.
    WP costs are also a necessity, you need money sinks in the game or you're gonna have real imbalances in the economy, you wanna see fresh 80s buying exotics for 100g each?.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

@Arcana: I hope you know the Gifts/Skill point items aren't the only things needed in a *long* ass process known as a Legendary construction, right? Hearing rumors that they're also going to need the Gift of Explorer.. which you only get by completing 100% of the world map, Lol. Just letting you know.

As for costs of repair.. yeah, I mean.. you pay at most what, 10 silver or so? That shouldn't kill you too hard. Then again, with caravans not giving rewards right now, it could be tough to get a little bit. Just tag other players, and help kill them off, then sell loot you may get.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Run though Arah chain and it instantly bugs at the end. None of the proper NPCs spawn after the event completes, preventing it from ever restarting.

BG Level

All zones from 1-50 have been 100% completely bug free. Pretty obvious the higher level zones would be glitchy because they never tested them in the betas. I imagine it'll take another week or two (better not be more then a month or people gonna walk away) to fix up all these bugged out 50+ zones.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I just reached level 80 and what the fuck?...

This is by far, the worst piece of crap game that ever existed. Every single mission has been glitched/bugged in some way or another. NPC's flying around the screen at 300% normal running speed. Shark bosses teleporting in the sewers. Final "missions" that you could coast through and let the NPCs do all the work. I had little to NO interaction with anyone. Not for lack of trying! It's a glorified single player game with the ability to show off your gear and weapons in town.

I feel nothing but regret and bewilderment at the pure stupidity that is GuildWars 2.

No fun was had. None.
    lol@getting lvl80 but not having fun. What were you expecting at lvl80 that kept you going for the other 79 levels? Guild Wars doesn't change much as you level up, yeah gear gets better, you get trait points but the core gameplay is the same at lvl1 as it is at lvl80.

I feel nothing but regret and bewilderment at the pure stupidity that is you. You need to re-evaluate how you spend your time if you're willing to put down 50+ fun-less hours for nothing.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I've come across plenty of bugs post 50. Multiple bugged heart events (sometimes just one or two "objectives" within the heart not working, sometimes the entire thing being broken) as well as dynamic events not progressing at all, all in a single zone. Yeah it sucks, especially since I get OCD about 100%ing areas, but I just move on and come back to it later, it's not really a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    @Arcana: I hope you know the Gifts/Skill point items aren't the only things needed in a *long* ass process known as a Legendary construction, right? Hearing rumors that they're also going to need the Gift of Explorer.. which you only get by completing 100% of the world map, Lol. Just letting you know.

As for costs of repair.. yeah, I mean.. you pay at most what, 10 silver or so? That shouldn't kill you too hard. Then again, with caravans not giving rewards right now, it could be tough to get a little bit. Just tag other players, and help kill them off, then sell loot you may get.
    I'm well aware of the factors in making a legendary weapon, i'm at 60% map completion currently so its not exactly like its difficult to do. There's more to WvW than following a couple of Dolyak around. Try invading towers, camps & keeps, turns out its profitable.