+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    Good job Katlan, you just totally killed all of the active and productive discussion in this subforum.

To actually get back on topic, TP is down again. So much for an afternoon of working on tradeskills. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Arah chain still broken?
    ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ) chill, bro

Tagus

I'm finding myself annoyed with not only the lag, but the run to the battles in WvW. I know I'm just spoiled from Halo multiplayer awesomeness, but it's so annoying to be running for 10 minutes, fighting for a minute (depending on how risky you want to be), dying, running for 5 minutes back to the battle, and so on. This might sound weird, but if the rewards didn't go towards my GW2 character, there's no way in hell I'd play WvW as a stand alone game. I almost find myself not wanting to fight something so I don't have to run back to the battle, which is kinda ass-backwards.

I'm starting to really despise choosing human. The majority of mobs I've fought since starting have been centaurs and human bandits. I'm in the 25-35 area after Kessex Hills and it's the same thing. Same mobs, same scenery, and the most tiresome, the same music.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    I'm finding myself annoyed with not only the lag, but the run to the battles in WvW. I know I'm just spoiled from Halo multiplayer awesomeness, but it's so annoying to be running for 10 minutes, fighting for a minute (depending on how risky you want to be), dying, running for 5 minutes back to the battle, and so on. This might sound weird, but if the rewards didn't go towards my GW2 character, there's no way in hell I'd play WvW as a stand alone game. I almost find myself not wanting to fight something so I don't have to run back to the battle, which is kinda ass-backwards.
    This will be alleviated some when matches are 2 weeks long and it's actually worth it to upgrade keeps and get the waypoints.

Here's a legitimate complaint...

WHY IS THERE NO FIRST PERSON MODE FOR SCREENSHOTS!? I would fucking LOVE to be able to take a screenshot of a dragon or scenery WITHOUT MY FAT ASS IN THE WAY. My god this is the most annoying thing in the world. Trying to get a good screenshot of The Shatterer or Tequatl is fucking IMPOSSIBLE because angling the camera down to, you know, LOOK UP AT THE GIANT MOB, makes it so my character takes up 75% of the screen.

/endrant

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by MrDodo View Post
    I'm starting to really despise choosing human. The majority of mobs I've fought since starting have been centaurs and human bandits. I'm in the 25-35 area after Kessex Hills and it's the same thing. Same mobs, same scenery, and the most tiresome, the same music.
    Eventually, everyone is fighting Risen X mobs, and there are no centaurs. Enjoy while you can because it really starts to become annoying in that you have to port out of the SW zones to get your daily done because any Risen X mob, is considered a Risen mob.

I'll make that a complaint and add in that their Vista platform jumping is starting to piss me off; MMO never do well in platform design and whenever it is in a game, it doesn't actually function like a platform, but you have to play it like it did. IE, even the tiniest vertical terrain bit will stop you from being able to jump up/forward, kind of like how knock back skills will get stopped by any little tiny rock.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

FUCK YOU VISTAS ARE THE GREATEST THING EVER

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Arah still broken. Going to bitch every day until they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Eventually, everyone is fighting Risen X mobs, and there are no centaurs. Enjoy while you can because it really starts to become annoying in that you have to port out of the SW zones to get your daily done because any Risen X mob, is considered a Risen mob.
    Gonna parrot this. Last few nights have basically been like me getting 8/15 in Straits or later, then having to warp back to LA and finishing up in an adjacent zone. If daily EXP wasn't so nice for a "freebie" it wouldn't bother me so much. x.x

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Just enter WvW and kill a few things, or log on an alt character. Both mean you don't have to bother leaving the area you're already at.

tol

i came to make a small complaint but saw lucavi got the banhammer and now i'm too happy to think about anything else. first world problems :3

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Why the fuck do I start at the beginning of the zone when I die during my story missions? And you know, not at a check point..

Buggy missions + instant deaths = backtracking through a minefield

Completely finished Arah story mode dungeon only to have the the final scene not trigger and get stuck, without a way to continue, having to leave and lose all progress.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Which asshole designed the topography of Orr to be so fuckulated? Srsly. I don't find the monsters and shit as difficult as everyone was complaining about, it's navigating the damn place trying to find all of the PoIs.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by MrDodo View Post
    Easy solution to this one... Go to another area. You do not have to play in your race's home areas. I for one spent a good deal of time as a human in the Sylvari/Asura home areas and then Norn and Charr at higher levels. Play how you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    This will be alleviated some when matches are 2 weeks long and it's actually worth it to upgrade keeps and get the waypoints.

Here's a legitimate complaint...

WHY IS THERE NO FIRST PERSON MODE FOR SCREENSHOTS!? I would fucking LOVE to be able to take a screenshot of a dragon or scenery WITHOUT MY FAT ASS IN THE WAY. My god this is the most annoying thing in the world. Trying to get a good screenshot of The Shatterer or Tequatl is fucking IMPOSSIBLE because angling the camera down to, you know, LOOK UP AT THE GIANT MOB, makes it so my character takes up 75% of the screen.

/endrant
    This is a huge deal for me as well. The funny thing is, that there was actually an option in the menu to turn on first person camera for like 5 minutes during one of the last stress tests/bwe3 but just as it mysteriously appeared it disappeared as quickly. They really do need to add this in.

Personally, my gripes are that there are no way to /check other players. It would be extremely helpful if we could see the gearing and true level of another player. I know it would be too much to ask for to be able to see their trait spec as well, but its something that would help alot. Then there are titles/icons. I would love to be able to see these without having to actually select other players. My friend got his 100% star and it only shows up if you select him. Not much of an epeen thing to wear your star if 98% of people will never see it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azure Primrose
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Ran into my first instance-stopping glitch last night while doing a high lvl 40 story mission on my thief. I got to the point where I had to warn an npc that enemies were attacking this fortress, but every time I tried talking to her, she would turn to me, and say nothing. If stuff like this becomes a consistent problem as I get higher leveled, I can imagine that being really annoying.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Only story quest bug I've had is it not progressing when I died to the mob at the end. When I ran back and killed it it was stuck, after restarting and doing it a second time it worked fine though. There is a lot of bugged dynamic events and skill points I've come across though.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

For your viewing pleasure.

Also, the grass looks like shit.
    Spoiler: show

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by zeal5050 View Post
    For your viewing pleasure.

Never really understood videos like this, or why people try to make carriers out of doing this type of analysis. He didn't read the story or listen to the CS and it sounds like his computer can't handle full graphics very well. It's fine if he didn't like the skills being attached to different weapons, but his underwater bit was a really poor example.

The Sig...
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I prefer my complaints to be structured like the first part of the video. The second part was something something dog shit.

Eh

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Never really understood videos like this, or why people try to make carriers out of doing this type of analysis. He didn't read the story or listen to the CS and it sounds like his computer can't handle full graphics very well. It's fine if he didn't like the skills being attached to different weapons, but his underwater bit was a really poor example.
    I don't remember the starting part of the human zone explaining it very well. That was one of my inputs during the very first stress test, not sure if it was touched upon for release, but if you didnt really understand the whole human vs centaur thing you'd be slightly lost, not as much as he was..but still. As for the graphics, the graphics for the game are great in terms of environments...but for armor and other things it looks like trash. He was right about the whole "didnt revolutionize the quest system" thing because really, it's just a different take, but a different take MMOs need.

Anyways my random complaint is that I can't pick up the game since I have to purchase my fucking textbook for networking class and blew $120 on that >_<

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast