FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The legendary recipes changed from beta to release.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by niwaar View Post
    So ... i see that there is Full Armor Satchels in there too from the Mystic Forge (according to the wiki at least). Has anyone tried that yet?

I saw a video of the two greatsword legendaries from beta, does anyone know the recipes for the exotic weapon base for them yet? Looked around the internet and haven't seen anything.
    Pretty sure it's just throwing in 4 level 80(ish?) rare/exotic greatswords in the mystic forge and praying. When that 21 karma bug was in people on /vg/ were doing that and got some.

Is there a reason they're plummeting in value? Yesterday they were hovering around 3-4 silver, now they're about 1 silver with far more availability.

Exotics? I'd assume people buying them to salvage with cash shop kits for ectoplasm with maybe a dash of enchantments. Knowledge getting out correlates to a rush and I'd say endgame isn't too populated yet, so early adopters were basically paying their "gotta have it now" tax.

Otherwise, I'm not seeing the benefit in tiering up craft mats right now. For the 250 whatever that's seemingly needed, you could just AH them and probably buy what you wanted with change to spare. I'm honestly a bit flustered with cash generation in this game, especially seeing things for 5g+ where getting 1g PvE style can take a while. I know someone mentioned WvW was good for cash somewhere, but unless you're in a good group/guild, that's more like a money sink with repair costs.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I spent over 1 G in upgrades in WvW yesterday, a ton on repairs and still came out a little bit of cash up. I can't ever see it being a money sink unless you're buying tons of siege stuff with cash.

Well, I'm basing this pretty much on my shitty experience working on my monthly on a server that's apparently quite ass. I've never been much of a PvP person, but it didn't take long to find out running around solo would probably get you killed a lot.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Exotics? I'd assume people buying them to salvage with cash shop kits for ectoplasm with maybe a dash of enchantments. Knowledge getting out correlates to a rush and I'd say endgame isn't too populated yet, so early adopters were basically paying their "gotta have it now" tax.

Otherwise, I'm not seeing the benefit in tiering up craft mats right now. For the 250 whatever that's seemingly needed, you could just AH them and probably buy what you wanted with change to spare. I'm honestly a bit flustered with cash generation in this game, especially seeing things for 5g+ where getting 1g PvE style can take a while. I know someone mentioned WvW was good for cash somewhere, but unless you're in a good group/guild, that's more like a money sink with repair costs.
    The Black Lion Salvage kits? Those are only 10% to produce rares, while the Master's are 25%.. so you're better off using a Master's Salvage kit.

Was talking about the orange ones you get for some zone clears or whatever. Have like 3 25 stacks that I just started using on exotics for my own 'plasms.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Was talking about the orange ones you get for some zone clears or whatever. Have like 3 25 stacks that I just started using on exotics for my own 'plasms.
    Yes.. those are a 10% chance to recover rares in comparison to the 'Rare" colored store bought ones which are 25% lol

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yes.. those are a 10% chance to recover rares in comparison to the 'Rare" colored store bought ones which are 25% lol
    although the store ones do allow you to get back upgrades 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Huh? Aren't the orange black lion ones 100% chance to recover the upgrade(relic/sigil) and a high chance to recover ecto's? The yellow store bought ones are higher chance of getting ecto's but only 80% of getting the sigil/rune?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

New Legendary information:

? = Weapon of Rage + ? + ? + ?
    ? = Bloodstone Shard + Gift of Exploration + ? + ?

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Shiyo View Post
    Huh? Aren't the orange black lion ones 100% chance to recover the upgrade(relic/sigil) and a high chance to recover ecto's? The yellow store bought ones are higher chance of getting ecto's but only 80% of getting the sigil/rune?
    Right. Black Lions are 100%/10%, Yellows are 80%/25%, so it depends on if you're after the ectos or the sigils.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

One each of yellow, green, and blue salvage kits + 3 mystic forge stones = 250 use Yellow Quality Salvage kit.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    One each of yellow, green, and blue salvage kits + 3 mystic forge stones = 250 use Yellow Quality Salvage kit.
    Hallelujah.

I'd Rather Be in Zi'Tah
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

The beauty of those is that if you do not value kharma you can buy those kits with about 2200 kharma in LA and make those kits for next to no actual gold.

I've yet to get a single MF stone via my dailies. ;_;

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I've got a whole 1 so far, they're cheap as hell on the gem store though so whatever.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

There's a pretty large thread going on over at guru on crafting twilight but some of this this information pretty much applies across the board for legendary weapons.

#1 Dusk of Rage
    #2 Mystic Recipe (this is up in the air... thinking clover + ectoplasm + x + x)
    #3 Gift Recipe (darkness + metal + icy runestone + x)
    #4 Bloodstone Recipe (bloostone shard + obsidian shards + gift of exploration + gift of battle)

I really hope this info gets nailed down soon so I know if I should start crying now or later.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Mystic Forge: Just when you thought your coins were worthless