FFXIV Character
    Kaelie Niie
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

So apparently the legendary is made of 4 things with intermediary gift creation.

Base Weapon + Gift of X + Gift of Y + Gift of Weapon

Gift of X

Gift of the Explorer (100% Map Completion) + Gift of Battle (500 WvW Tokens) + Bloodstone Shard (200 Skill Points) + 250 Obsidian Shards (525k Kharma)

Gift of Y
    Mystic Clover + Ecto + x + y

Gift of Weapon Specific

Gift of Weapon Type + Gift of Specific Weapon + 100 Icy Runestones + Superior Sigil of X

Where to find:
    Gift of Explorer - 100% Map Completiong
    Gift of Battle - 500 WvW Tokens
    Gift of Weapon Type - 250 of the 4 top crafting materials, ie Gift of Metal = 250 Orichalcum+250 Mithril+250 Platinum+250 Darksteel
    Gift of Specific Weapon = Recipe purchased from Miyani in Lion's Arch, ie Gift of Darkness for the Greatsword Twilight = Gift of Ascalon + 250 Orichalcum + 250 Cured Hardened Leather + 100 Onyx Lodestone
    Gift of Dungeon - 500 Dungeon Tokens (purchased from the weapon tab of the Dungeon Vendor in Lion's Arch)

Bloodstone Shards - Purchased from Miyani for 200 skill points
    Obsidian Shards - Purchased from vendor at Temple of Balthazar in Straights of Devestation (when it is not contested) for 2100 kharma/per (total 525k)
    Icy Runestone - Purchased from vendor who appears in Frostgorge Sound after the Claw of Jormag event is successful for 1g/per (total 100g)

Lodestones:
    Can be dropped (extremely rarely) from appropriate elementals once you hit 80. ie Onyx can be dropped by earth elementals killed by an 80 character.
    Can be crafted via the mystic forge via the recipe : 2 Cores + 1 Pile of Crystalline Dust + 1 Crystal + 1 Bottle of Elonian Wine.

Lodestone Cores - can be obtained via drops (rare) from the appropriately themed dungeon. Onyx=Twilight Arbor, Molten = Citadel of Flame, etc.

Mystic Clovers - Can randomly be obtained (extremely rare) via the Mystic Forge via the recipe 10 Obsidian Shards + 10 Ectoplasm + 10 Crystals + 10 Mystic Coins = 20-50 Random Crafting Material

Crystals - purchased from Miyani 3 skill points for 5

Mystic Coins - obtained via daily and monthly achievements or purchased from TP

--

In short you are going to need to grind grind grind.

~1-2 Million Kharma (Gift cost + Clover creation)
    25+ Dungeon #1 Runs (Gift)
    Unknown but large number of Dungeon #2 runs (Lodestones)
    ~250+ Skill Points (Bloodstone + Crystals)
    ~150g+ (Recipes+Wine+Ice Runestones)

This doesn't even take into account the amount of gathering, gold farming or days played required to obtain the Mystic Coins, Ectoplasm, and the rest of the multi-tiered crafting materials required. (Hell there is even a weapon that requires you to buy or convert gold into gems and buy a store only item.

I do not know if this is just plain insane or if it actually looks like less total grind than a lot of people had to go through to complete their Relic/Mythic weapons back in the day.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

One would long wear out the game before that happens, unless they expect it to take multiple expansions to do, or entire guilds feeding one person mats for months. Hardest part looks to be the Lodestones and 150 gold. Since you only get two Gift of Explorer, seems you can only get 2 choice weapons to upgrade, if you would even attempt to make two.

BTW, you didn't mention where the Elonian Wine is from, but it looks like a gold purchase item, according to your summery.

FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FOR FUCKS' SAKE !!!
    FUCK FUCK FUCK

BG Level

lol.

Grinders wanted a grind?

Well...I'd say they got it!

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    One would long wear out the game before that happens, unless they expect it to take multiple expansions to do, or entire guilds feeding one person mats for months. Hardest part looks to be the Lodestones and 150 gold. Since you only get two Gift of Explorer, seems you can only get 2 choice weapons to upgrade, if you would even attempt to make two.

BTW, you didn't mention where the Elonian Wine is from, but it looks like a gold purchase item, according to your summery.
    Wine is from Miyani as well.

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Yeah... I'll pass on making a legendary.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Not me! I want a rainbow firing unicorn.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kachiko View Post
    Since you only get two Gift of Explorer, seems you can only get 2 choice weapons to upgrade, if you would even attempt to make two.
    Are they account bound or soulbound? I would hope they are account bound so you can just 100% the map on another character to get more legendaries for one that's already used the two.

I mean, I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future but it's nice to have the option.

-.-

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Mystic Forge: Just when you thought your coins were worthless

Starting to think ill burn out long before ever finishing :/

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    Are they account bound or soulbound? I would hope they are account bound so you can just 100% the map on another character to get more legendaries for one that's already used the two.

I mean, I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future but it's nice to have the option.
    Yeah, prolly soulbound, so you could technically 100% the map on a second char and do all the farming and shit over again lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Starting to think ill burn out long before ever finishing :/
    Don't you be talking about burn out! We'll be playing for a while! That's why I've sort of taken my time with things anyhow.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Yeah, prolly soulbound, so you could technically 100% the map on a second char and do all the farming and shit over again lol

Don't you be talking about burn out! We'll be playing for a while! That's why I've sort of taken my time with things anyhow.
    With the requirements they're listing, I'm still probably 4-500 hours shy of the earliest I could possibly finish concentrating on nothing but the weapon. I'd say there's a lot of burn out room there.

The gold costs are pretty much what scathe me, as you'll have armor repairs and WPs eating at your progress in the meantime with general PvEing not being terribly profitable and a large majority of crafted goods being losses. Plus, I guess throwing cash at other parts of the process, too. I don't really mind running a dungeon 25 times or so assuming it's not like terribad PUGs every time. I think I'm sitting on 110 SPs right now with everything learned, so basically got a nice chunk out of the way just playing. Only hard part about exploration are WvW requirements, but I guess since you need the battle tokens, you can hopefully 2 for 1 that process. Clovers could be a wildcard, so I'd probably put them after gold expense. But yeah, I doubt I've had more than 30 lifetime gold at this point with a fair chunk of that coming solely through hearts while exploring.

Oh wells.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

With the requirements they're listing, I'm still probably 4-500 hours shy of the earliest I could possibly finish concentrating on nothing but the weapon. I'd say there's a lot of burn out room there.
    spread it out over 8 years! Problem solved.

also aren't you at work? if so, stop posting on the bg!

^with a good group or smart play.. pve/dungeon running can be incredibly profitable. I just bought myself 600 gems this morning with around 1.7G that I didn't feel I wasted for an extra 30 bank slots. and I put 10 silver in my bank every so often, am up to nearly a G there, so.. it's not *too* hard to make money. Is it hard to get a steady stream of quick cash super fast? Yeah, but just be smart and steady.. find things to farm. I'm farming powerful bloods right now. <3 those prices.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Eanae, you 100%ed the world map so are the gifts account or soul bound?

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    ^with a good group or smart play.. pve/dungeon running can be incredibly profitable. I just bought myself 600 gems this morning with around 1.7G that I didn't feel I wasted for an extra 30 bank slots. and I put 10 silver in my bank every so often, am up to nearly a G there, so.. it's not *too* hard to make money. Is it hard to get a steady stream of quick cash super fast? Yeah, but just be smart and steady.. find things to farm. I'm farming powerful bloods right now. <3 those prices.
    Well, consistent dungeon running is unlikely for me. And while it looks like bloods go for about 19s last time I checked, I've never gotten one to drop from Trolls in FS, which is allegedly par for the course. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a better source people have been keeping hush on, and I haven't cleared the last PvE zone in favor of finishing others, getting monthly WvW out of the way, etc..

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Well, consistent dungeon running is unlikely for me. And while it looks like bloods go for about 19s last time I checked, I've never gotten one to drop from Trolls in FS, which is allegedly par for the course. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a better source people have been keeping hush on, and I haven't cleared the last PvE zone in favor of finishing others, getting monthly WvW out of the way, etc..
    I stacked some Magic Find gear, but it doesn't seem to matter to much. But I've gone an hour once finding just one.. then found like 6 over the next hour and a half.. so it's just some heavy RNG shit. And if all else fails, you still get large bones/potent blood/pourus bones (that vendor for a good bit) too, and there's usually people there too farming as well, so you can sweep the area pretty well.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Eanae, you 100%ed the world map so are the gifts account or soul bound?
    Account

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Looks like a weapon I'll probably never get and I'm totally fine with that - more to life than a video game. Seems as though ANet put this content in as an attempt to capture the "hardcore of the hardcore" gamers who bounce from MMO to MMO and log extensive gaming hours on a regular basis so they have something to obtain, much like relic weapons in XI. It requires a nice mix of WvW, open world stuff, money sinks, and more to keep characters active in multiple aspects of the world so these gamers aren't all stuck in one high level zone for weeks on end while other aspects of the game are barren. Remember how daunting the chase for relic weapons was when we all first ran dynamis? They seemed impossible but over time they seemed more and more realistic.

Finally if you get burnt out just take a break and come back, not like you are paying a monthly fee which obligates you to keep playing so you get your money's worth anyway. Play how you want, personally I think running around doing vistas/POIs is the biggest waste of time ever in any video game, but some people enjoy them. I love how you get XP for crafting and now have close to two crafts at 400 despite not even being 80 yet - I enjoy analyzing the market to find the most cost-efficient way to level.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Account
    Well there you go... want to make more just 100% on another char.... easy ya? XD