+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Sword Art Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

What day do the episodes come out? Since watching all 10 in a row I have no idea what the release day is <.<;

She Shoots For The Stars
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Elizara Paksenarrion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

DISCLAIMER: I'm in Eastern Standard Time (EST/EDT) so keep this in mind.

New ones tend to show up Saturday morning/late Friday night (Proly around 11pm-12AM on Friday; I am usually sleeping by then) on CR. If that's any indication.

So be patient.

Thanks! At least I know when to look now.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

would anyone else actually like to play this game? seems epic (not a fan of the whole locked in tho)

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I thought I read somewhere that blah blah was confirmed to be doing the theme song for season 2 of SAO ;o

But yeah, I dont like anime much but this series is pretty amazing! Some things bug me when it doesnt line up exactly with what i'd expect in an MMO but I assume most people feel that way.
    10 episodes and no Auction House visit yet? No in town AFK (brain dead) dancers? Made a STEW with the uber rare Ragout meat? (seriously telling myself that that was one of the only recipes it could be used in)

Also wondering why the game creator hasnt been hunted down and taken to prison, then couldnt they just shut down the game/re-enable logout?
    I mean just replace menu system dat files on the server from the beta amirite lul

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Mooshywooshy View Post
    I thought I read somewhere that blah blah was confirmed to be doing the theme song for season 2 of SAO ;o

But yeah, I dont like anime much but this series is pretty amazing! Some things bug me when it doesnt line up exactly with what i'd expect in an MMO but I assume most people feel that way.
    10 episodes and no Auction House visit yet? No in town AFK (brain dead) dancers? Made a STEW with the uber rare Ragout meat? (seriously telling myself that that was one of the only recipes it could be used in)

Also wondering why the game creator hasnt been hunted down and taken to prison, then couldnt they just shut down the game/re-enable logout?
    I mean just replace menu system dat files on the server from the beta amirite lul
    doesn't ffxi have a ton of single use meats/ingredients tho?

I'm sure Asuna could've made other things with it, that's just what they decided on.

In general, my only real gripe probably lies in the time skips. Yeah, watching Kirito grind might be boring, but until Ep9, I'd probably say the action had been fairly light or at least not much to really get into. Instead of watching some abilities develop, they're just suddenly there to call upon with a few menu clicks. Though, I kinda laughed at the implication of why kept something like that secret. Probably up there with pet job douchebaggery in terms of player demands on MMOs. But one could also reasonably extrapolate how he got it based on his play style, assuming it wasn't some beta tester perk.

If the series does well enough, I'd be curious to see if some kind of game does come of it. The concept of 100 levels the community would need to unlock could be interesting, but I'd also fear zerg tactics. Could even have some hardcore mode servers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    I'm sure Asuna could've made other things with it, that's just what they decided on.

In general, my only real gripe probably lies in the time skips. Yeah, watching Kirito grind might be boring, but until Ep9, I'd probably say the action had been fairly light or at least not much to really get into. Instead of watching some abilities develop, they're just suddenly there to call upon with a few menu clicks. Though, I kinda laughed at the implication of why kept something like that secret. Probably up there with pet job douchebaggery in terms of player demands on MMOs. But one could also reasonably extrapolate how he got it based on his play style, assuming it wasn't some beta tester perk.

If the series does well enough, I'd be curious to see if some kind of game does come of it. The concept of 100 levels the community would need to unlock could be interesting, but I'd also fear zerg tactics. Could even have some hardcore mode servers.
    it seems some players are getting personal abilities/traits in this case he's a sword and shield class w/o the shield so his skill in single handed swords got so great he's become ambidextrous, the leader of the Knights of the Blood (oath, name got changed in the last two eps oddly enough or lazy translating) had an invincible style ability but when battling Kirito he had a time pause ability instead but i do agree on the whole he goes from mid 40's to 76 from one ep to the next he hasn't said his level for awhile but he has to be near 100

Last we see it he was 94 or 97.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

96 to be exact. I think he should be 100+ by the time it ends.

Black Belt
    BG Level

He didn't really grind between now and the end,
    Spoiler: show
    unless you mean post SAO character transfer data, but even then he supposedly delevel himself after entering debug mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    it seems some players are getting personal abilities/traits in this case he's a sword and shield class w/o the shield so his skill in single handed swords got so great he's become ambidextrous, the leader of the Knights of the Blood (oath, name got changed in the last two eps oddly enough or lazy translating) had an invincible style ability but when battling Kirito he had a time pause ability instead but i do agree on the whole he goes from mid 40's to 76 from one ep to the next he hasn't said his level for awhile but he has to be near 100
    My general take on it was since he solos, he's parhaps taking 2-3x longer to fight things. In the chance the game records swings, he's basically up on most everyone else, especially if there's no EXP penalty for partying. So, consider some kind of "Sword Skill" with a dash of minimum level requirement, and poof, new skill.

As for shield guy, they mentioned they'd never seen his HP go yellow, so I assume he just always used his ability and time stop/blocked damn near everything he's fought. I was sad to see that fight get called so quickly, too, even though Kirito dropped his swords when taking the hit.

Ahaha, you guys are in for a treat about the special abilities.

I was just browsing the manga. It's pacing is worse than the anime. By chapter 2 he already caught the S-Class ingredient.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Odin'sLaw View Post
    would anyone else actually like to play this game? seems epic (not a fan of the whole locked in tho)
    I vaguely recall a psp version being worked on as we speak.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    My general take on it was since he solos, he's parhaps taking 2-3x longer to fight things. In the chance the game records swings, he's basically up on most everyone else, especially if there's no EXP penalty for partying. So, consider some kind of "Sword Skill" with a dash of minimum level requirement, and poof, new skill.

As for shield guy, they mentioned they'd never seen his HP go yellow, so I assume he just always used his ability and time stop/blocked damn near everything he's fought. I was sad to see that fight get called so quickly, too, even though Kirito dropped his swords when taking the hit.
    Dat shield bash.

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Something like this actually happening would be one hell of a psychology experiment.

Having a few thousand people trapped in a death game for the larger part of three years and coming out apathetic as fuck with borderline superhuman reflexes/swordsmanship abilities would be rather interesting

Spoiler: show
    Though in SAO this is explained away by telling you that the system assists the player a lot in reflexes and combat stance, Kirito eventually abandons it to beat Heathcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag View Post
    I was just browsing the manga. It's pacing is worse than the anime. By chapter 2 he already caught the S-Class ingredient.
    The manga and LN are paced a lot differently. Most of the time spent in SAO is covered in volume 2 of the LN, while volume 1 is just about the last few weeks.

Also, some of the later volumes are kinda interesting because they do talk about the psychological effects when these people get out. Granted, it's a lot of hogwash because the author doesn't really know what they're talking about, but it's neat to see him try and tackle it!

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Well dunno with the manga, but the LN and anime have different episode orders.
    If you were to watch the anime the same way you read the LN, you'd watch episodes in the order:
    1, 8, 9, 10, 13, 4, 7, 11, 12, 3 (unless they're based on manga original material, afaik eps 2, 5, and 6 are brand new.)

I'm pretty sure everyone that got out would be pretty atrophied as well.