Thread: Sword Art Online     submit to reddit submit to twitter

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Black Bullet's pacing felt way too damn fast though and it was just skipping all over the place.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Black Bullet's pacing felt way too damn fast though and it was just skipping all over the place.
    Yeah, no doubt. Episode 4 of Black Bullet had Rentaro fighting Kagetane in what could have been the climax of the season. In episode 4 of SAO, Kirito is just logging on to GGO.

Not saying Black Bullet did it right because it really didn't.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Hmm, anime didn't do a good job of explaining how Sinon's mother was already dealing with sanity issues from her Husbands death BEFORE what happened in the post office.

#Despair
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mitsukai Shimakaze
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic View Post
    Yeah, no doubt. Episode 4 of Black Bullet had Rentaro fighting Kagetane in what could have been the climax of the season. In episode 4 of SAO, Kirito is just logging on to GGO.

Not saying Black Bullet did it right because it really didn't.
    Unfortunately this is the norm for almost every unfinished manga/light novel (and sometimes even finished ones) that gets adapted into a single cour season; companies want to make money off adaptions as best they can, so they go about it at either the worst time (source unfinished) or in the way where they'll have to spend the least on it (only 11-13 episodes).

Weaboo of the House of Weave
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthur Pendragon
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Episode 4 was great. A lot of people were worried how they were going to do this but it was done really well. I see why people thought that the GGO novel was the best in the series.

I'm more gentle than I look.
    Mr. Feathers AKA Mr. Striations
    All hail Lord Yamcha

BG Level

Slow start for me in eps 1-3, but really enjoyed ep 4

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Even god mode Kirito isn't above pretending he's a girl in an MMO.

We all knew what was going to happen when Kirito did that gambling game, but it was still pretty hype to watch.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Only thing that possibly could have been explained better in this episode was that the reason why very few people can handle the buggys is because they're petrol based manuals, like Kirito's motorcycle irl. Mostly everybody else only have experience with electric automatic vehicles. Other then that and the typical A-1 shenanigans (paied, lightsaber takes .45ACP and has a magazine capacity lol) I think it was a decently faithful episode.

Looks like we'll get to see at least
    Spoiler: show
    the first match of the BoB prelims in the next episode. And then the episode after that, if we're lucky and A-1 splurges, they might animate a flashback where the front liners and Laughing Coffin have an all out battle in SAO to annihilate LC once and for all. I'm not going to raise my hopes for them actually going that far though. I'm expecting stills to summarize the entire battle and then only animating the part where
    Spoiler: show
    Kirito kills some LC members.

Pro's Pet
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Why are you telling everyone what will happen in next episodes?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Ah yeah, my bad, I forgot that the next episode preview is actually separate. I'll keep that stuff in spoilers.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I stumbled onto this randomly while poking around Netflix. Really liked No Game No Life, obviously have the MMO background, so thought it would be worth trying. Pretty enjoyable, though the seemingly standard anime tropes of teen angst, unrequited love, emotional fluff, etc. are pretty strong in this one. Finished the 25 episode season one last night and tried to watch the 1.5 hour movie; skipped to the last 20 minutes after I realized the entire thing was basically a lengthy recap and boobs.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    So I stumbled onto this randomly while poking around Netflix. Really liked No Game No Life, obviously have the MMO background, so thought it would be worth trying. Pretty enjoyable, though the seemingly standard anime tropes of teen angst, unrequited love, emotional fluff, etc. are pretty strong in this one. Finished the 25 episode season one last night and tried to watch the 1.5 hour movie; skipped to the last 20 minutes after I realized the entire thing was basically a lengthy recap and boobs.
    Wait is the movie on Netflix?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

There's a movie? lol

Pretty sure that's the "extra edition" episode: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki..._Extra_Edition

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Wait is the movie on Netflix?
    No, just the first 25 episodes. I watched the "movie" on Hulu, but it's on Crunchy Roll too. Free on both, but with ads.

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Pretty sure that's the "extra edition" episode: http://swordartonline.wikia.com/wiki..._Extra_Edition
    Yes, that's correct. If you binge watched the episodes recently like I did, there is really no reason to watch the extra edition / movie outside of the last 20 minutes.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

No, just the first 25 episodes. I watched the "movie" on Hulu, but it's on Crunchy Roll too. Free on both, but with ads.

Yes, that's correct. If you binge watched the episodes recently like I did, there is really no reason to watch the extra edition / movie outside of the last 20 minutes.
    Oh shit hulu has Season 2 too.

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

I wonder if Toonami will try to pick up the new season. I think it did farely well in the tv ratings.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

For a sec you had me worried i missed something important O_o Especially with people mentioning movie

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

This episode has me happy. Besides the over the top battle finisher scene, I'm liking the way they've adapted this. With that ending, I want to get my hopes up. :3