+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    What are you guys playing while waiting on Black Desert? Starting to lose hope in MMOs, and after the PvP changes I worry about BD. I just wan't a game where I can explore and kill players.

The PVP changes in BD worry me as well. For those that don't know, BD has changed it's open world pvp rule set from open world gank fest to :

You have to be at the soft cap (lvl 50) in order to go into pvp mode,and you can only kill players lvl 50+. Players still complained that was too much of a gank fest, so the devs have now added a Karma system (exactly like in L2) and no xp loss on death from pvp.

Having a Karma system is ok, but first Player to flag (i.e to hit) another Player, receives 10k karma points (you can have a total of 300k karma points). The Player stays flagged for 3 minutes, and anyone is free to kill the flagged Player without receiving a penalty in return. On the contrary, if the flagged Player kills someone, they will receive a penalty of 20k Karma points no matter if the other Player is fighting back or not, allowing for an unfair event to take place.

When you get Karma, and become red, you suffer from several penalties. If you die, you drop items. You can’t enter towns because the guards will kill you. It is almost impossible to burn Karma when playing in a party because you need to get the last hit on the monster and Karma burning really slow, like -70 points per mob. So, if you kill players and get 100k Karma and let’s say for example burn only -70 per monster, you need to kill 1430 monsters, all alone, and anyone can kill you.

Lastly, if a player receives Karma, their whole guild suffers and the guild gets negative points as well. So while the Guild Karma system is a good way of reflecting their members behaviour, it needs to be included in the overall PvP-Karma System renovation, as to not deter Guild Wars and destroy open world PvP and the corresponding politics and meta-game features.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by enzan View Post
    I thought BD coming early was found out to be a false report? What server on TERA and any room for a slayer with no recollection on how to play?

Daum the publisher for BD (and for the west as well) originally stated Q4 2015 for the west, but they are now saying they are pushing it back to early 2016 now. Bless Online is still in Closed Beta development hell, so who knows when that game is coming out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The Tamer class launches for all servers today, and they have made a few changes. First they have changed the name of the tamer class to "Geum Soo Rang" - because her nationality is Asian. She also doesn't "tame" animals, and the only beast she utilizes is her summon. I guess the class can be called a Beastmaster class now. The class now uses a flute with a hidden blade inside(blocks with the flute and attacks with the blade). Her style is now similar to that of the Giant class - but the class enjoys the mobility of Rangers, with skill effects similar to that of the Sorc.

Also the devs are talking about the next class coming out next month, The "Blader (Samurai)class". Sneak peak in the video below.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Looks dope

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Enzan Red
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

God I hope when the game releases in the west it comes with the new classes. I want to play as a blader.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Wow that pvp system sounds like total shit

Granted, unmitigated gankfests aren't any better.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Dont remember exactly what the system was at this point, but L2 pvp system worked great when I played. Nothing wrong with gank fests as long as skill > gear.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Mini bosses - Kinda like BD's version of BAMs

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

The guild wars have started and the top guilds have all gotten their castles. PVP doesn't show red players, so you have to read their guild symbols to tell the enemy apart. In GVG you can also have an alliance with other guilds but they can betray you at any time.

Here is a video of Steparu's guild doing GvsG, they were one of the top guilds in GVG and won a castle.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    The guild wars have started and the top guilds have all gotten their castle. PVP doesn't show red players, so you have to read their guild symbols to tell the enemy apart. In GVG you can also have an alliance with other guilds but they can betray you at any time.

Here is a video of Steparu's guild doing GvsG, they were one of the top guilds in GVG and won a castle.

>crawls around in high grass to avoid being seen
    >it actually works

I don't really need to see much more than that to know I want to play this. I also love it not just showing you as a straight up red to other people and so on. I expect to see many shenanigans.

Doesn't take it for granite
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    >crawls around in high grass to avoid being seen

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post

>it actually works
    Hmm just a box.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Quote Originally Posted by Bombur View Post
    The guild wars have started and the top guilds have all gotten their castles. PVP doesn't show red players, so you have to read their guild symbols to tell the enemy apart. In GVG you can also have an alliance with other guilds but they can betray you at any time.

B-but how will I know who to wrekt if I can't blindly follow the "Red = Dead" mantra?

Sounds interesting. If only it weren't Korean.

One of those instances where tab-targeting and nameplates are a bit of a blessing and a curse. Admittedly, though, watching that vid pretty much told me, "Have voice chat or you're fucked."

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    "Have voice chat or you're fucked."
    This is most modern (competitive) gaming. Pretty sure XI was the only game with a pace slow enough that your main method of communication could be text. Aside from shit that is obviously turn/strategy based.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Honestly, if FFXI had some sort of GvG/Siege stuff you'd want voice chat there too.
    I honestly don't feel like you really need voice chat for PvE in nearly any game (despite people thinking you do, its not like the situations are dynamic enough for you to need to communicate anything so long as people have learned the mechanics) and that's about all XI had.

lolballista and lolbrenner, c'maaan.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

More GVG.

Steparu always shows the game in his videos with full effects. But there are sliders for both camera shake and skill effects that can be toggled from 1 to 100. The effects are not so bad when you're actually playing the game, but the fast-paced gameplay and Youtube compression makes the videos weird, and hard to know what is going on.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

there is WAY too many sparks and black shit going on in these pvp videos. i can watch at most like 30 seconds before i get a headache. Definitely will not play pvp like that. I honestly cant even tell what the fuck is going on/

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

^ Turn down the effects, lol. Better to show everything off than to turn everything off and the game looks boring as fuck.

Choice, my friend. You have it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

This game is RNG, RNG, RNG. I guess it wouldn't be a Korean MMO if it didn't have RNG.

What I am talking about is the Enhancement system, the one that is very similar to other Korean games like Tera, Aion or L2.

In Black Desert you gather Enhancement stones from killing normal monsters, bosses, daily token, black spirit story quest, treasure boxes, and more. However, the best way to get these stones is to simply grind mini-bosses (BD version of BAMS) like a mofo.

Then you use the Enhancement stones to enhance your gear. i.e +1 your gear. Max is +15 your gear.

Upgrading equipment in Black Desert doesn't explode or -1 on fail, but if you do fail to upgrade an item,you will lose your enhancement stone and will lose 5 maximum durability on your item so from 100/100 dura to 95/95.

If you fail enough times you will have a useless 1/1 durability equipment. However, there is still hope, you can restore the durability of your item as long as you sacrifice the same item.

i.e. Go to an NPC with your 1/1 Green Sword and sacrifice another Green Sword with the same name and it will become 11/11 durability. Rinse and repeat until you're satisfied with the durability.

When in the enchanting menu you get a ghost that taunts you and insults you if you fail. It's quite scary !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast