+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Devs say they have a patch that is fixing most of the stat bugs; could be out next week, but even with the two major bugs I've posted, as long as you save often and don't double click any equipable items, you shouldn't have much of a problem. Most of the egregious bugs have a relatively easy fix.or way to avoid them, though the stat stacking, when loading a save, on certain maps, does require a memory editor to correct, which wasn't that big of a deal to figure out. ATM, I highly recommend the game if you enjoy the old Bioware Infinity Engine games of old.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

So. That fucking lighthouse, man. Hardest fights I've had. Probably because it's a bunch of fucking bullshit wraiths/shadows that warp in on my mage and just blow him to fucking shit.

managed to beat it after like 20 tries. Had my rogue plant a gas trap, sat mage close to it, they all warped in and blew themselves up. Christ. Pretty sure I was way under-level though. Was lvl 4-5 in there.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah lighthouse is rough, and it's the same thing with the temple. Fucking teleporting assholes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Wonder if the +damage against spook traits are worth getting

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Quote Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
    Wonder if the +damage against spook traits are worth getting
    I think getting +Ice resistance would be better because the shadows/spectres all do ice damage and from what I can tell they were sniping my mage/archer with ice spear spells. I like to play more controlling/defensively though. If you're able to zerg em down that might be good, too

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Krandor View Post
    So what kind of parties is everyone using? I'm trying to stick to story characters for an initial playthrough instead of just making companions.

Currently going with Fight, Paladin, Cipher, Ranger, Priest, and Chanter.
    Spent some time trying to optimize my party a little bit to start a Path of the Damned playthrough. Currently going with Fighter + Paladin frontline, Priest for support, Wizard + Druid x2 for damage. Pale Elf Paladin is soooo good. The freeze DR is huge vs. all the obnoxious shadow / shade / phantom enemies, esp. when you stack it with the PLD DR aura and the priest DR buff.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Just got the druid guy. Loving the spells druids offer. Finding things are working better with him in my group than with a chanter. Mabye higher up Chanters will be better. And replaced the paladin with a Barbarian who is wrecking shit.

Things will go better next play-through, I think. I made a few of my characters weird with talent/skill choices. Eder is kind of wonky with his build

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Anyone beaten this yet? Wondering what actual game time is.

BG Level

not even close personally but looking like 60ish (which was the number reported in the beta)

http://howlongtobeat.com/game.php?id=13434

also patch tomorrow (hopefully)

Bears and Cats can now be equipped with hats. This is most likely not a joke... but might be a joke.
    Fixed a problem where attributes on characters could permanently increase by equipping certain items. This will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
    The crash in Raedric's Hold has been fixed.
    Fixed the looping audio sounds that can occur if you play with minimized tooltips.
    Previously Wizard summoned items could persist after the spell's duration. This has been fixed and it will also retroactively fix the problem in saved games that have characters with this issue.
    The items Drinking Horn of Moderation and Talisman of the Unconquerable were causing Ciphers to permanently lower their amount of focus gain. We've included a fix to retroactively resolve the issue on Ciphers but the effect is still on the items. Unfortunately the fix will not fix the broken effect on those items, so you'll need to keep those items unequipped until the next patch. If you do equip them, perform a Save/Load to fix your Cipher.
    http://www.pcgamer.com/pillars-of-et...ibly-tomorrow/

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Patch is out. Out with the old bugs, in with the new:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/projectetern...nd_a_huge_axe/

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hay guys will use kickstarter so we can make this on our own time and not be rushed since there's always a ton of bugs when are games get rushed.

Derp

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Think the patch messed something up. I can't pick any locked doors or chests now...

Yup. Patched dun goof'd lockpicking. Hopefully they fix this asap. Just started act 3 and I dun wanna miss chests >

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I haven't applied the patch for that reason; probably wait a day to see what else gets broken as the fix older things. So far, I haven't needed to patch the game to avoid the bigger problems, though I'm miffed my Custom Barbarian somehow lost its voice pack some time ago. Actually, seems the Hotfix was released earlier this evening, but I'm too tired to hunt down the Non-Steam version, so I'll do it in the morning.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

So would you guys recommend getting pillars of eternity, or Divinity: Original sin?

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I prefer Pillars, but if you don't have a hardon for old school Infinity Engine games Divinity is probably the better choice.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well I haven't started Pillara yet because I've been playing D:OS. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for that old school semi-challenging cRPG experience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

How old school are we talking? I enjoyed baldurs gate 1 and 2, but pretty much ended up cheating before the end due to their extreme length and sometimes absolute BS r n g

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It has the feeling of those games but better mechanics overall.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Eh from what i have gathered from reading the comments on this, is that its a buggy mess thats glorious to play when its not shitting on you with bugs. Each patch has new bugs fixing the old ones. etc
    I think i might just grab divinity while they iron out some of the bugs in this.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Most bugs have been ironed out, and whenever major ones popped up they fixed them in a few days.