Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 100-110 Leveling     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by cdgreg View Post
    Mostly @Takito

I have thought about server transferring for cheaper squamas, but I am sure in the end the price will just rise on the new server so meh. Squamas are 1.2m each and rising on Odin and still highly contested. I wouldn't be shocked if they are eventually atleast 2m each. Either way I am out ahead of the Odin pack with 109.7 skill and popped my second Hexed Doublet -1 tonight .

I do think you you underestimate the amount of gil most "serious" players/crafters have though. 20-50m really is nothing, look at the number of relics or 95 empys most players have now.
    Have you consider farming them? (I know it sounds crazy but well never hurts to try)

I am not sure about this but regarding the VNMS.. Only the ones with shadow drops the craftable items?

And here on Sylph the Squama costs 600k each and they are not so hard to get (I would get them all but sadly I am not rich enough to consider it since based on my research you need a 40-60m investment to get alchemy to 108 at least)

I think it's harder to get the Heliodors <.< and I noticed they sell during the NA morning D:
    Because I tried this week 5 Verthandies (no shadow ) 2 orcus (No shadow) 2 krabkatoas 1 Dawon (With shadow and .. wow it's tough to duo)

And the only one that dropped the craftable item was Dawon. (This was with TH8)

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by takito09 View Post
    Have you consider farming them? (I know it sounds crazy but well never hurts to try)
    I did, extensively, it was torture. I actually skilled and geared BST just for this. Eventually I decided it was not worth the effort and time involved, I would just wait and buy from the AH:
    Colorful>Yellow: 27/136
    Squama: 16/29

From what I can gather, if the VNM has a shadow it is 100% drop rate on crafting item, if no shadow it's possible, but a 50ish% chance with TH.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Can a Leathercrafter here confirm the cap on Hexed Boots? I'm thinking its 106 but I'm not 100% positive on that.

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

stupid question to all the smither's but...currently @ 105 which seemed to be the easy part...would u guys go straight for somen or domaru? or do sune-ate first? and if somen/domaru, i think there is only a 0.00000001% chance to hq it right? since the cap on those is 108/110...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Synth them at or above cap and you have a ~2% chance of HQ. If you have moglification, you're at or above cap for every smithing recipe so you have them at Tier 0.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmaker View Post
    stupid question to all the smither's but...currently @ 105 which seemed to be the easy part...would u guys go straight for somen or domaru? or do sune-ate first? and if somen/domaru, i think there is only a 0.00000001% chance to hq it right? since the cap on those is 108/110...
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/571...tion-read-this!

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Cornmaker View Post
    yeah about that, if you have buyers for the -1 great for you. But I wouldnt start to synth those -1 without haveing buyers that are willing to at least cover the cost. hexed sune-ate, somen and domaru -1 are at best (if at all) sidegrades for the jobs listed on it (I am talking about MNK/NIN/SAM). hell most pieces are even outperformed by empy+2 armor as a TP piece, and as a WS piece most of those 3 are outperformed by a combination of VW armor or phorcys/thaumas. (someone correct me if I am wrong on this case, since I dont play those 3 jobs extensevly at all, only for abyssea procs).

Quote Originally Posted by Yeager View Post
    Can a Leathercrafter here confirm the cap on Hexed Boots? I'm thinking its 106 but I'm not 100% positive on that.
    Hmm. I'll try to find where I wrote that down. For some reason 106 rings a bell, but its been a while.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Hexed boots are not 106. they are 107, i have skilled them from 106 to 106.9 currently

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Completed my task of finding the Leathercraft sub caps for Bonecraft Hexed gear. Jacket is lvl 60. Gamashes & Wristbands are both 56. I'll leave it to whoever else can find the sub caps for the respective Gold and Cloth for those synths-- at least half of it is figured out now.

http://www.ffxiah.com/forum/topic/31...ion/1/#2085718

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I don't have an exact lvl since I didn't start testing till I was lvl 31 cloth but jacket is less than 47. So looks like just need +1 for leather (yay for already starting to get gp for it just in case) and then focus on the bone

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have any information on the sub-craft level of Planus table? Woodworking 110, cloth unknown. Wondering if it is higher than 60.

edit: Rolled the dice, it's definitely 54 or less. I did 30 synths at 108 wood and 54 cloth, successful synth on 26, zero clothcraft skillups. Edited the wiki accordingly.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Woodworking 110 today! Completely worthless, but Yay blue.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Neoex View Post
    Hexed boots are not 106. they are 107, i have skilled them from 106 to 106.9 currently
    Ok thanks. That sucks though. I don't understand why both Urja Ledelsens AND Urja Jerkin cap at 105. That just doesn't make sense. Are there any other craftable armor sets in the game where there are two of the set that cap at the same level?

Man if only Urja Jerkin capped at 106, I'd make them to the 106 cap then try to T1 Hexed Boots, but NUUUUUUU can't do that.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

yup suck it up for 1 level without HQability. I ended up HQing boots -1 while skilling from 105.9 to 106. Curious if it considered that a t0 or a t1

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

yup suck it up for 1 level without HQability. I ended up HQing boots -1 while skilling from 105.9 to 106. Curious if it considered that a t0 or a t1
    thats actually an interesting question, i think it was considered a T1 because you get your skill up message before the item is even finished. My guess is when you start crafting an item, it will determin first if you get a skill up and check later on your current skill for the craft itself(where your skill up went in). Again this is only an assumption and I dont think there is any way to even test this.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    thats actually an interesting question, i think it was considered a T1 because you get your skill up message before the item is even finished. My guess is when you start crafting an item, it will determin first if you get a skill up and check later on your current skill for the craft itself(where your skill up went in). Again this is only an assumption and I dont think there is any way to even test this.
    You could test this but it would be quite an undertaking. Imagine how long it would take to get suitable sample sizes for hq rates of just when you get a skillup that breaks a tier... even with test server that would be ouchy ouchy

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

I tend to think once you hit OK or whatever the button is to begin the synth your level is taken into account at that point exactly. I believe this because even if support wears off part of the way through the crafting animation you are still able to finish your synth (in theory it should cancel if level was still being taken into consideration and you were over 15).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Same thing happened to me when I went from 100.9 to 101! I HQ'd a Panther Mask synth.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm confirming the previously reported sub-craft level on leather as being 60 for Hexed Jacket. However, I can shave a level off the cloth sub, lowing it to 46 at the most, not that it matters.

edit: is there a way to put less than OR equal to in the crafting wiki? Its not higher than 46, but could obviously be lower, is there a symbol for that? I don't just want to put less than < 46 because someone might think it is a max of 45....