FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Oh im sorry, did i mention i had a bird. It was a parakeet. it was blue.

MP banter is a lot better than it was a week ago.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I just realized that you can only hold 4 ability macros in MP. Wtf is this shit?

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

dumb as hell

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I feel kinda sad that I didn't talk to the tavern wench for the longest and even more sad that the chat options didn't lead to me taking her to a room in the back.

E. Body
    BG Level

So I beat the game, took me like 95-99 hours.... Been trying to get myself to do more playthroughs. Can't do it..... Just so long, and so much commitment @@a
    I've started 3 new playthroughs trying to get the background I want to see, make my char look perfect, blah blah blah. Because If I'm going to spend another 100 hrs playing it better be perfect!

Started dragging on a while in. Great game, don't get me wrong. But sheez!!! I played the original DA at least a dozen times.... Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit....

I will give the tip of visiting Val Royeaux as soon as you get the power, just to get more party members involved. Otherwise you're stuck with the original 3. Doesn't hurt the storyline at all.

As for trying to complete the Hinterlands right away; it is impossible. At least one of the quests you need an item, that you won't get till much later on in the game.

Also, on my first playthrough it told me that I "completed" a bunch of quests when doing what I guess was the beginning to Skyhold. Anyone know what quests it automatically skips? Was it companion quests or what?

No, you don't miss anything important. There's a few breadcrumb quests to teach you where things are located in haven which are no longer relevant after the skyhold plot point.

E. Body
    BG Level

Thought I did all of em ._.a

Also a solution to the templar/mage war Chantry/circle BS: (don't click if you don't care about lore shit aka nerd shit)

Spoiler: show
    Is it possible to end with a buddy cop scenario? Like 1 mage + templar teams. Working together to capture actual apostates? It was hinted at by Viv in my 2nd playthrough, but not sure if it could come to fruition.

I suppose it has the problem that you won't be able to catch apostates until they actually do bad stuff and hurt tons of people, but iono... seems more peaceful. Perhaps actually need to register if you have magical powers. Or go to school for them or some shit to control it.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

After spending most of my so far 70 hour playthrough as assassin archer i decided to try out some stabby stabby action...my god that shit is OP, feel like i've now got to start a new playthrough just to experience it again as a proper stealthy stabby rogue but there is the problem that this shit is looooong so might have a to wait a few months before doing so.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

If you're gonna go stabby, I'd suggest you try Tempest. Flask of Fire and Thousand Cuts... think about it.

E. Body
    BG Level

How is flask of lightning for stabby? Was pretty insane on Sera

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Awwww shiittt in that case i really do need to do another rogue playthrough then cause that looks to be insane.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

Its great you can tell sera to fuck off anytime you please

Holy hell be sure to speak to ALL of your party members regularly because when a major storyline que gives you reason to, it is lame when you have a shit ton of old ass dialog and cutscenes to navigate just to get to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Galkaeater View Post
    Its great you can tell sera to fuck off anytime you please
    I love Sera and her words for describing things like "...Earrwigs with their little pinchy butts". They did a really good job on her personality. She is hilarious.

spoilered for plot stuff

WTF is up with Cole though.. DANG. Its pretty damn hard to be too weird for even my understanding.

Morrigan, reminds me so much of her mother and they also did an incredible job on her.

Dorian's knee snakes look like cocks.

I still cannot get used to having my old character talk to my new one. It made me continue to wish I had the full char transfer of DA2 but I like having the depth of connecting the past storylines of all the games using the Keep. They looked like twins if an elf and a human could be from the same parent.

I got this strange "Quizquisition" trivia dude named Lord Trifles Minutiae outside in the ally behind the barn where Blackwell hangs out. He has a creepy wind voice and it made me wonder when I triggered his appearance. I tend to check in odd places and explore the borders of all areas because I have this pet peeve about not fully unlocking maps..so I know he wasn't there from the beginning. I reloaded many times to get answers correct but I have no idea how he got there. I like that you can also tell him to go away lol.

Also, fuck the Winter Palace, its Glass Hallas & Caprice coins I looked for to no avail for hours and hours.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tekni Wintersbane
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Mok'Nathal

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Stowastiq View Post
    Holy hell be sure to speak to ALL of your party members regularly because when a major storyline que gives you reason to, it is lame when you have a shit ton of old ass dialog and cutscenes to navigate just to get to it.

I love Sera and her words for describing things like "...Earrwigs with their little pinchy butts". They did a really good job on her personality. She is hilarious.

spoilered for plot stuff

WTF is up with Cole though.. DANG. Its pretty damn hard to be too weird for even my understanding.

Morrigan, reminds me so much of her mother and they also did an incredible job on her.

Dorian's knee snakes look like cocks.

I still cannot get used to having my old character talk to my new one. It made me continue to wish I had the full char transfer of DA2 but I like having the depth of connecting the past storylines of all the games using the Keep. They looked like twins if an elf and a human could be from the same parent.

I got this strange "Quizquisition" trivia dude named Lord Trifles Minutiae outside in the ally behind the barn where Blackwell hangs out. He has a creepy wind voice and it made me wonder when I triggered his appearance. I tend to check in odd places and explore the borders of all areas because I have this pet peeve about not fully unlocking maps..so I know he wasn't there from the beginning. I reloaded many times to get answers correct but I have no idea how he got there. I like that you can also tell him to go away lol.

Also, fuck the Winter Palace, its Glass Hallas & Caprice coins I looked for to no avail for hours and hours.

Very much agree with this bullshit indeed. I was pissed at the end of the game for my choice as well.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Iono View Post
    So I beat the game, took me like 95-99 hours.... Been trying to get myself to do more playthroughs. Can't do it..... Just so long, and so much commitment @@a
    I've started 3 new playthroughs trying to get the background I want to see, make my char look perfect, blah blah blah. Because If I'm going to spend another 100 hrs playing it better be perfect!

Started dragging on a while in. Great game, don't get me wrong. But sheez!!! I played the original DA at least a dozen times.... Maybe I'm getting too old for this shit....

I will give the tip of visiting Val Royeaux as soon as you get the power, just to get more party members involved. Otherwise you're stuck with the original 3. Doesn't hurt the storyline at all.

As for trying to complete the Hinterlands right away; it is impossible. At least one of the quests you need an item, that you won't get till much later on in the game.

Also, on my first playthrough it told me that I "completed" a bunch of quests when doing what I guess was the beginning to Skyhold. Anyone know what quests it automatically skips? Was it companion quests or what?
    Honestly dude I feel the same. I beat it as a human rogue archer and started over a new game as a Qunari tank and I'm struggling to stay in it. The game is so massive that it's almost a negative lol. Never thought I'd ever say that.

Alright so I just started playing this and I loved DA:O. This feels more like 2 but considering the way it controls it just feels clunky. I'm playing a mage and there are no defensive options other than barrier and getting face smacked, which is kinda sad. But I fucking loved mages in DA:O so I'm wondering if there are any good specs/abilities I should go for? I'm currently going ice (I literally just started so got nothing going on) because that's usually fun.

Alternatively, what roles are the most fun/engaging to play? I'm not looking for a proper ARPG/action game, but anything that gets closer to that feeling would be better. I was thinking either bow rogue or sword and shield since I like the way Cassandra handles but I kinda want to make this mage thing work.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sword and Shield tanking is by far the most interesting way to play. Though once you get using Shield Wall down you'll realize how easy the game actually is.

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Just started playing tonight on the xbone. Little annoyed that I couldn't chose to be a female, though it looks like it was an option? Also ran into a stupid bug where I couldn't select a chat response unless I had the potion menu open.