FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Rumor

- Tao Gu, EA Shanghai level designer; http://cn.linkedin.com/pub/tao-gu/21/9a5/604

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

wow, thats kind of surprising. they better give us some awesome shit then and not a game full of copy/paste

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

Your mom is full of paste.

I wonder if they will have any transfer of the story from part 1 and 2. Kinda like how you can save information on the choices you make in the Mass Effect games.
    Would be kind of hard to build a game around that aspect before knowing how well you can transfer files from one system to another I'd imagine.

Ridill
    BG Level

Let's hope their reworked plans involve letting us play as more than just 1 race.
    I liked Dragon Age 2. I had complaints about it, but I didn't think it was a bad game. But I just rebought DA:O from the steam sale and started replaying it, and dear god, Origins is just so vastly better than 2.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

I liked DA2. Give me melee rogue, and get the fuck out of the way as I carve my way through everything. Female Hawke was where it was at, also. That being said, being able to play as more than just human would be nice, but i just wanna see the product. All the ME3 hate is retarded, because that game was fucking amazing until the last 10 minutes.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

DA2 and ME3 were complete and utter shit. I can't even fathom how anybody could think otherwise.

Super Linear? Check.
    Worse/Broken Gameplay Mecanics than previous installments? Check.
    Shitty Characters? Check.
    Some of the worst writing in any media ever? Check.
    Glitches? You betcha.

They call me Lord Null for a reason.
    BG Level

I fucking loved ME3, I recall the days leading up to before I beat it I would constantly come into work and rave on and on about it with my fellow ME friends. Then the ending happened...and that overshadowed the greatness of what the game was in its entirety.
    Regardless the game will go down in history as one of the best rpg franchises, but if they had a good finale send off like MGS4 did it would definitely be held up as one of the greatest games ever imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    DA2 and ME3 were complete and utter shit. I can't even fathom how anybody could think otherwise.

Super Linear? Check.
    Worse/Broken Gameplay Mecanics than previous installments? Check.
    Shitty Characters? Check.
    Some of the worst writing in any media ever? Check.
    Glitches? You betcha.
    The fuck? Did you even play ME3, because apart from the spectacularly shitty ending everything else was great.

And rofl if you think ME3 had WORSE gameplay than ME1 and 2.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Even I'll agree. Up to the last 10 minutes ME3 was without a doubt spectacular. The series as a whole was poised to become probably the "best" scifi game series of all time so long as they didn't fuck up 3.....

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura View Post
    The fuck? Did you even play ME3, because apart from the spectacularly shitty ending everything else was great.

And rofl if you think ME3 had WORSE gameplay than ME1 and 2.
    I have. It's terrible. ME1 and 2 both had certain aspects that were worse, but ME3 as a whole was way worse than anything that was bad in 1 or 2.

Best RPG franchises? Are you kidding me? I absolutely love sci-fi but Mass Effect in general is not at all quality Sci-Fi, let alone a good RPG series. I liked the first two games, 1 was the best out of the series, 2 started down a bad path and 3 just shit the bed all over the place. OK series? Sure. Great? Absolutely not.

EDIT: I don't want to derail this thread any further so I'll throw my 2 cents in about DA3.

I sincerely hope they do a return to form, instead of doing the exact same thing ME did; making each subsequent game shittier. I don't have a problem with them waiting until next console generation because that could actually work in their favor but if they fuck this up I could seriously see it being the end of Bioware.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    I have. It's terrible. ME1 and 2 both had certain aspects that were worse, but ME3 as a whole was way worse than anything that was bad in 1 or 2.

Best RPG franchises? Are you kidding me? I absolutely love sci-fi but Mass Effect in general is not at all quality Sci-Fi, let alone a good RPG series. I liked the first two games, 1 was the best out of the series, 2 started down a bad path and 3 just shit the bed all over the place. OK series? Sure. Great? Absolutely not.

EDIT: I don't want to derail this thread any further so I'll throw my 2 cents in about DA3.

I sincerely hope they do a return to form, instead of doing the exact same thing ME did; making each subsequent game shittier. I don't have a problem with them waiting until next console generation because that could actually work in their favor but if they fuck this up I could seriously see it being the end of Bioware.
    The only thing ME1 had going for it was story. The game play of ME1 was so rudimentary and terrible that I can't help but know you have bad taste if you think that was the best. Ignoring the collect-a-thon inventory, the skill system was shit and slow and the weapons/aiming were basic and lacked any meat to them at all.

2 was the best game of the series, as it had competent gameplay that was fun and engaging on so many different levels as well as a story and awesome characters that could back it up. I don't know what standard you judge games by, but it certainly isn't a good one.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

You know what they say about opinions.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Also try to move the ME debate into the ME thread please We're kind of letting it dominate this page.

Dragon Age 3: Inquistion

I'm bummed that it's being pushed back, but I'm excited to see what they can do with the new tech.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Null View Post
    Your mom is full of paste.
    And it's probably more coherent than all of DA2.

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    And it's probably more coherent than all of DA2.
    I didn't hate DA2's plot. It wasn't good but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever sat through. What made it terrible for me was the actual game play itself. If I wanted a button masher I'd get Dynasty Warriors.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Brill Weave View Post
    I didn't hate DA2's plot. It wasn't good but it wasn't the worst thing I've ever sat through. What made it terrible for me was the actual game play itself. If I wanted a button masher I'd get Dynasty Warriors.
    The PC version maintained a similar style of gameplay to Origins (well, control-wise anyway). The button mashing was limited to console versions.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I'm liking DA2 a lot better for the PC than when I played it on PS3 but I'm finding myself to not give two shits about any of the characters at all. Which makes it hard to want to play. Hopefully I'll beat it before DA3 comes out so my save data can transfer over. If not than I'll just download a choice editor and do things that way

Annihilation Banwave
    sprout sprout sprout
    2031 No.1 Draft Pick
    Pittsburgh Penguins

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I liked Merrill and the dwarf guy. The other characters were entirely forgettable imo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 64 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast