Bahamut

Merrill was a good character...had a lot of fun making her evil. :D

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I liked DA2s combat, at least for ranger and thief. I understand why DA:O was different races and no real connected story to DA2 since it was specifically an origins tale, but in very dissapointed that DA3 won't continue Hawks story. Da2 was a perfect chance to start a personal story that could continue through subsequent titles

Ridill
    BG Level

I don't believe it's been said that DA3 wont be Hawk(e?). All that's been said is something along the lines of elf and dwarf lovers would be disappointed again.
    The end of 2 made it sound like 3 would be the story of Hawke and the Warden from Origins coming together

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I am surprised hearing people say they didn't like the characters more. That was probably the single greatest factor that kept me playing DA2. The only two I did not like were Fenris and Sebastian. Aveline seems to go either way; her going full retard over that dude she likes either makes you hate her or,as in my case, you find it totally cute.

Different playable races aren't a huge deal to me. I find myself playing humans a majority of the time. I just hope the increased development time gives them a chance to add more little details (like the plethora of codices and item descriptions like Origins had) in addition to the obvious stuff they need to fix from 2.

Ridill
    BG Level

yeah, I liked the characters. I even didn't mind the battle system. It was the terribly overused and copy pasted areas I hated the most.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    I don't believe it's been said that DA3 wont be Hawk(e?). All that's been said is something along the lines of elf and dwarf lovers would be disappointed again.
    The end of 2 made it sound like 3 would be the story of Hawke and the Warden from Origins coming together
    thought I read somewhere that DA3 won't be continuing Hawke's story. Ill see if I can find it rq

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was really disappointed how DA2 took Anders, my fave character from Awakening, and completely changed his personality. They even took away his kitten! But lesbian Isabella was pretty hot so I guess I can let it slide.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Manf View Post
    I am surprised hearing people say they didn't like the characters more. That was probably the single greatest factor that kept me playing DA2. The only two I did not like were Fenris and Sebastian. Aveline seems to go either way; her going full retard over that dude she likes either makes you hate her or,as in my case, you find it totally cute.
    Characters were definitely a solid part of the game. While the combat system itself wasn't bad, the tendency for the game to just throw waves of enemies at you was annoying. That it was doing so in a handful of environments in a game that just plain lacked the scale of its predecessor made it even worse.

I think if DAII had been a first effort from a small/indie studio, it would be revered. Not because the problems in it aren't problems, more that many of them can be attributed to a small budget or something. As a follow-up to DAO and Awakenings though, it was a huge step back. Like a direct-to-video sequel to a blockbuster movie.

Hoping that 3 manages to get back to the scale of the first game. While additional playable races might be nice, I'd like more for Bioware to break out of their general formula and actually see player choices result in wildly different outcomes.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Meh, DA:O did the same thing w/just tossing wave after wave of enemy at you so I kind of expect it from the franchise. Don't think you can too much else for normal fodder since the more complicated boss fights had me manually controlling each character to some extent so that they didn't instantly kill themselves. Granted DA2 had better AI, but it still didn't stop them from retardly dieing to stupid shit no matter how I set up their AI

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    I liked DA2s combat, at least for ranger and thief. I understand why DA:O was different races and no real connected story to DA2 since it was specifically an origins tale, but in very dissapointed that DA3 won't continue Hawks story. Da2 was a perfect chance to start a personal story that could continue through subsequent titles
    I dunno why Hawke's story is more interesting than the story you created with your own hands in DA:O. You could be the goddamn king of everything. Rags to riches, that's awesome.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Katlan View Post
    Meh, DA:O did the same thing w/just tossing wave after wave of enemy at you so I kind of expect it from the franchise. Don't think you can too much else for normal fodder since the more complicated boss fights had me manually controlling each character to some extent so that they didn't instantly kill themselves. Granted DA2 had better AI, but it still didn't stop them from retardly dieing to stupid shit no matter how I set up their AI
    To clarify, maybe I'm remembering things wrong, but I felt like DA:O had mostly encounters where you could see the entirety what you were up against from the start, if not try to get preemptive attacks in and/or split them up. You might have to chew through a horde of fodder mobs, but, more often than not, you could survey the field and see that they were there.

By contrast, DAII often had literal waves of enemies. You'd wander into a particular room or whatever, and they'd appear. Kill those (or enough of them) and the next wave spawns in, and so on. Not every encounter, but a lot more of them seemed to be like that, possibly due to utilizing generally smaller environments.

Or maybe I'm just remembering it wrong, but when I was playing DAII I felt like it was a lot harder to be strategic in battle due to these kinds of things.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

God I need to go back and replay DA1. As fast paced as the combat was in DA2, one felt way more special as a game too me.

King Bitcher of Bitchington
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chuggs M'koul
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

Origins had some instances of mob waves but for the most part everything is pre-set. Once you kill the group than that's it for that part. Origins (at least on PC) is more of a strategy RPG than DA2s action RPG style. Playing DA2 right now and yeah, it's just waves of shit. It's hard for me to say what combat system I like more or what I want in DA3. I kinda want them to go back to the strategy typea style though.

My favorite thing in Origins was making my dwarf female two-hander bitch a mega cunt. I needa make her again. Kill off Wynne and Leilana in the sacred ashes quest. Kill shale and Zevran. Make Alistair a drunk and force Logain to knock up Morrigan. Guh, so good.

The characters in 2 are growing on me a little bit. At least Aveline and Merrill are. Fenris and Sebastian meh. and Bethany... blegh. I feel like Carver/Bethany were PC cop-outs. oh, we're related derpherp. I don't have any of the DLC but if those characters are interesting, mabye I'll get them.

Dragon Age 3: Inquistion

I hope DA3 makes some sort of nod towards Hawke and my mage Warden being related. Assuming they both make some sort of appearance.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

sooo any useful info other than it existing and on the xbone?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mightyg View Post
    sooo any useful info other than it existing and on the xbone?
    Besides what is already in this thread, no. Baring any more leaks within the next week, we'll probably see something at E3.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nama Kemono
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

So given the incompatibility of new generation with current I wonder if there will be a method of importing your save still. Then again this is Bioware after ME3 I'm not sure they care to make your choices even matter if they carried forward.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    So given the incompatibility of new generation with current I wonder if there will be a method of importing your save still. Then again this is Bioware after ME3 I'm not sure they care to make your choices even matter if they carried forward.
    Should be easy with the PS3 > PS4 if your PSN+ since all your saves get imported to the cloud anyways

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

let's be real though. At this point importing your save isn't going to matter much. You really think they're going to waste time and resources adding in cutscenes that only 10% of people are going to see? If anything it'll just be token little things.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 64 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast