Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I made the mistake of reading the books recently. Just finished a new playthrough of Origins a couple days ago as a result. Actually hope they bring some of the characters from the Asunder book into the game world for Inquisition.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vagrant View Post
    I made the mistake of reading the books recently.
    Were they worth a read, or only good for making you want to play DA:O again?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I enjoyed them. Stolen Throne and Asunder especially. The Calling seemed to drag on a bit but was still a decent read. Stolen Throne and Calling both focus on Maric, the first being during the Orlesian occupation and his rise to power with Loghain. Calling was a prequel of sorts to Awakening expansion as it featured the Grey Wardens and the Architect. Asunder is post DA2 but before the world has gone to hell. Couple characters from the game are in the books too most notably Asunder. Can probably get them cheap on Amazon at this point too.

Oh, awesome. Apparently the Dragon Age OST is on Spotify.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Couple more screens and some writeups compiled on neogaf.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=645743

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The open world talk is making it sound like Skyrim in the Dragon Age world, but with combat more focused like DAO. And the army gathering sounds a bit like Mass Effect 3's war asset system. Interesting stuff.

Ridill
    BG Level

There's still what? A whole year until this game comes out?

also; god damn it, why is the gaming section so down low on the forums now?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Seems like they are picking up characters from DA2 and Asunder to be in the game as well. Cole if he really is in the game will be interesting as in the book you never really do find out what the hell he is. Got to think Leliana will be in the game in some form as well. And yeah one yearish. Fall 2014 is the release period at the moment. Hate the wait but at least they are being given plenty of time to work on the game this go around.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    also; god damn it, why is the gaming section so down low on the forums now?
    Its getting less activity than the other sections, that's why.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Its getting less activity than the other sections, that's why.
    Is it really? Blows my mind that FFXI would be getting more posts than this. Do the actual numbers support that? I'm just curious.

Mr. Bananagrabber

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Look at the monthly blog post on statistics, XI and XIV are dominating the forum of late.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Grey Jorildyn
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

It's warranted. I've been posting in XIV section since the start and I have to say that lately it has blown up like crazy. I can hardly keep up with it and everything else like I use to.

DA3 has me very interested. Interested enough to play the first two even. Just don't know when that'll happen but it will. The forbes article was quite informative, really shedding light on the features of the game and the vision Bioware has for it too.

Ridill
    BG Level

Just hoping the story feels more... important.
    My biggest complaint about DA2 was that they story just felt so bland and boring. It wasn't 1 big epic quest, it was 3 small skirmishes that didn't really mean shit.

If the last two Elder Ones are involved though, it could be pretty great. Though I have a feeling that most of the game might be just trying to stop the Blight from reaching the Elders and making them into Archdemons.

Best case imo is if the Tevinter have a huge impact in the story and we get to mess around in the black city/gold city

The gameinformer and forbes articles put this franchise back on the map for me at least. I was really let down by DA2 but this one looks pretty good. It seems fights and story will be much more interesting so that's a plus.
    I hope there's more dragons. For a game called dragon age I always thought there were not enough dragons.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The last novel featured Alistair, Sten, and Isabella all as main characters didn't it? So I guess they are canonically alive and Alistair is king?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

That was the comic but yeah King Alistair has been the main feature of the various comic series along with Isabella and Varric. Sten was added to the group during the most recent series.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Laude Valiquette
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Race selection is back!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...quisition.aspx

One of the most beloved aspects of Dragon Age: Origins was the option to select your race. Choosing between a human, dwarf, or elf (and playing through their various origin stories) personalized each player's experience in the world of Thedas. The absence of racial choices in Dragon Age 2 was a sore point with fans. During our studio visit, BioWare was proud to announce that Dragon Age: Inquisition brings the feature back – contrary to its previous claims that players would once again be human-only.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vagrant Tarupunter
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Souj View Post
    Just hoping the story feels more... important.
    My biggest complaint about DA2 was that they story just felt so bland and boring. It wasn't 1 big epic quest, it was 3 small skirmishes that didn't really mean shit.

If the last two Elder Ones are involved though, it could be pretty great. Though I have a feeling that most of the game might be just trying to stop the Blight from reaching the Elders and making them into Archdemons.

Best case imo is if the Tevinter have a huge impact in the story and we get to mess around in the black city/gold city
    I could see some of the Tevinter being a part of it but I think they mentioned the story will mainly take place in portions of Ferelden and Orlais. I can definitely see the Imperium having something to do with the issues at hand though. Them or the Grey Wardens. Don't trust them after reading the books and seeing so many of the coincidences that seem to take place involving Wardens.

okay guy I guess
    BG Level

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Oliver Queen
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Read the spread on DA:I in the new Game Informer. I really love what they have in store. One of the magic things about Bioware games is that they give so much free reign on choices. That's something else DA2 lacked, but it seems now your choices have an immense amount of an effect. Kind of like crush a butterfly in the past completely change the future thing. What also had me smiling was the fact it says that not every player will be seeing or experiencing the same things with how large Thedas is going to be.

I think the series just had a hiccup with a Devil May Cry 2 syndrome. There's always going to be that one sequel in the series that's going to make you wince, but the others are amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 64 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast