BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Avatar's Favor Testing     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

At 500 skill with AF3+2 head, Ramuh's Favor gives +18% Critical Hit Rate.

Atma of Thrashing Tendrils/Razed Ruins/Gnarled Horn (Crit rate +60%) with Ramuh against Bluffalo and 0, 1, and 2 Critical Hit Rate merits (80%, 81%, and 82% predicted crit rate). 80% and 81% gave non-crits, but 82% did not (300+ crits in a row without). Ramuh had about an 80% Crit rate in each parse.

I summoned Ramuh and waited a few minutes before engaging anything, but it's possible that it builds so slowly that the real bonus is greater than 18%.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Bah. I need to add Ifrit's and Ramuh's favor to the buff lists of the spreadsheets, don't I?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

That would probably be helpful, but you might want to wait a few days until I figure out what Ifrit's Favor's maximum potency is. I'm going to force a 100% DA rate to test it.

Ifrit's Favor strikes me as more useful in some ways, because the favors really do take quite a long time to build in potency and they are reset to minimum potency every time you use a BP/release/resummon an avatar. They are, in and of themselves, not really worth losing the benefits of a White Mage for. Ifrit gets access to Inferno and Crimson Howl (4:20 duration Enfire and Warcry, +29/256 Attack), so he's at least a better candidate for a DD buffer.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I was just playing with ramuh last night and I got 18% crit rate at like 420ish skill. That's kinda shitty that it doesn't get any better even at 500.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Actually, after testing it just now it appears the final Avatar's Favor tier (at least that I can hit) is 447, which is very easy to do at 99 with capped skill and some pretty basic gear. I had assumed it would be 500, but I can push up to 510 and not get any more Defense out of Ifrit than I did at 447.

Also, it looks like AF3+2 head gives two more "tiers" or "ticks" worth of Favor potency. Carbuncle gains 4HP/tick and Ifrit gains 10 Defense from it, and each "tick" up with 2HP/tick and 5 Defense respectively. Depending how motivated I'm feeling investigations of this JA might be worth its own thread. So complicated. So unique at the time. So utterly hamstringed by SE's devotion to baransu.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

the second post of this thread has higher values (21% crit tate and 24% DA for Ifrit). How long do you have to wait to reach the maximum btw?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    the second post of this thread has higher values (21% crit tate and 24% DA for Ifrit). How long do you have to wait to reach the maximum btw?
    Well, 512 is 2 more skill than I can get on the Test Server, so if that's another Tier then it might be higher. You need to wait a very long time for favor to build fully. If it was one upgrade every tick, Titan's Favor would take 42 seconds to hit maximum potency. I'm still playing with it, but it appears each Tier adds another upgrade.

Titan: 25 Defense -> 28 -> 31 -> 35 -> 39 -> 44 -> 48 -> 53 -> 57 -> 62 -> 67 (<447 Skill) -> 72 (>= 447 Skill) ---> ( 77 -> 82 with >447 Skill and AF3+2)

I am under the impression that it resets if you BP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Also wouldnt it have been better to do your crit rate instead of the avatars?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I did both and drew conclusions from mine. I just used Ramuh as a control because he has the same Atma as me (but no merits). It was in case people didn't believe the Atma values.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistrianna Galanodel
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Well, 512 is 2 more skill than I can get on the Test Server, so if that's another Tier then it might be higher. You need to wait a very long time for favor to build fully. If it was one upgrade every tick, Titan's Favor would take 42 seconds to hit maximum potency. I'm still playing with it, but it appears each Tier adds another upgrade.

Titan: 25 Defense -> 28 -> 31 -> 35 -> 39 -> 44 -> 48 -> 53 -> 57 -> 62 -> 67 (<447 Skill) -> 72 (>= 447 Skill) ---> ( 77 -> 82 with >447 Skill and AF3+2)

I thught Avatar's Favor bonus was set to half the current potency after a Blood Pact. (Easy to test with carby and Titan)

Sea Torques
    BG Level

512 is the last tier reachable (one tier every 65 pts) :
    Carbuncle : 24 HP
    Ifrit : 21~25% Double Attack (it's hard to find the exact %)
    Titan : 87 Def
    Shiva : 13 MAB
    Ramuh : 21% Critical Hit Rate
    Diabolos : 6 MP (no change)

It takes about 02:09 to reach the maximum value.
    About 00:45 to reach again the maximum value after one Blood Pact: Rage (5 "levels" are lost).
    About 00:18 to reach again the maximum value after one Blood Pact: Ward (2 "levels" are lost).
    It's not always one level every tick.

This JA is very underestimated and while I agree it's poorly designed, sometimes it's simply better to play the main healer role with Ifrit's Favor and rotating Crimson Howl / Inferno Howl / Haste than doing one BP: Rage every 45 seconds.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you're not utilizing Thunderstorm, Ramuh's looks nice. You have a 45s recast, so you have....

27s of 21% critical hit rate
    18s of ~16-18% critical hit rate

And stuns.

Is the cap determined by current skill and does that change when you remove summoning skill gear?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

This is a work in progress - It may start out disorganized, but I'm hopeful that it'll someday be useful.

How it seems to work:
    Avatar's Favor reduces Avatar Perpetuation Cost (varies by level) and provides an AOE buff (dependent on the avatar) to party members within 10' of the Avatar (but not the avatar or other pets, except it will affect the Summoner's NPC if called). In exchange, it gives the avatar's an attack, magic attack, and accuracy penalty and has to slowly attain its maximum potency, which is set back every time the avatar is used.

The idea is basically that you sacrifice most of your Avatar's utility (Blood Pacts) and further gimp its already atrocious melee damage in order to provide a moderately potent melee buff to your party. If SE introduced this in an attempt to give SMN an old-style XP role other than SMN/WHM main healing, they really did it wrong.

Implementation:
    This buff is implemented using normal AoE mechanics for FFXI, but it has no chat log message when it is applied/wears and is applied by the avatar frequently. So if you run past the avatar, you may gain the buff and maintain it even when you are more than 10' from the Avatar, but you will not be hit by the next "buff" and thus it will wear off you. This is more commonly recognized these days as the "Aura" effect, but it would be more proper to say that the Aura code is modified Avatar's Favor code.

Potency: (tests mostly use Titan's Favor)
    Initial Potency is fixed and depends on nothing. Maximum potency depends on Skill and Avatar's Favor enhancement gear (Caller's Horn +1/2). There are very wide skill Tiers within which potency appears to be constant. Theses skill Tiers are constant across all measurable avatars.

Known Lower Tier boundaries: 317, 382, 447, 512

It takes almost exactly 2 minutes to maximize Favor potency at 447~511 skill. This means there is an upgrade approximately every "tock," because there are 13 steps for Titan's Favor with AF3+2 hat and it took me a little over 120 seconds to max it out. These steps are:
    25 (Initial Potency, no tock required), 28, 31, 35, 39, 43, 47, 52, 57, 62, 67, 72, 77, 82

Losing potency following BPs:
    You do not actually lose nearly as much potency as I thought when you use BPs. I found this using Titan's Favor and spamming my equipment menu:
    * BP: Ward with AF3+2 hat on - Lose 2 ticks of potency (the 2 given by the hat, even though it isn't gear swapped)
    * BP: Ward without AF3+2 hat on - Don't lose any potency at all
    * BP: Rage with AF3+2 hat on - Lose 5 ticks of potency
    * BP: Rage without AF3+2 hat on - Lose 3 ticks of potency

The bottom line is that you lose a pretty minimal amount of Potency when you use a BP Ward. I tried summoning Titan and immediately using a BP: Ward without AF3+2 head to see if it would auto-cap me, but it didn't work.

Perpetuation Cost reduction:
    This part of the favor depends only on level. The tiers are...
    55~80 : -2 MP/tick
    81~91 : -3 MP/tick
    91~99 : -4 MP/tick

Tachi laid out many of these mechanisms while I was writing this here:
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/108...=1#post5400037

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It changes when you remove summoning gear, and thanks for the potencies! I just went through and did the 447-512 tier. It looks like the Tiers are about 65 skill wide after 75, though they're probably closer together than that before that.

Also, all of those potencies are with AF3+2 hat, right Tachi?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sadly the range of Favor is so bullshit that it has no real use in HNMs fights to buff melees, while beeing a "Whitemage", since your Avatar will insta-die as soon as you send it towards the melees so they would be in range. I suggested multiple times on the offical forums (german part) that the Dev Team should enhance the range of avatars favor to 25', so you could stand outside of AoE range with your avatar while being able to cure the melees and also give them the favor. Needless to say i only got the answer "we will look into this", tough that was during the Tanaka era.
    I could sea potential in this if they actually made the range way bigger (as suggested 25')

Sea Torques
    BG Level

It changes when you remove summoning gear
    To be a little more precise, it changes but doesn't reset Favor.
    Let's say you are at the maximum tier level with Titan's Favor and 512 smn skill : +87 Def.
    You remove the AF2+2 Head : +72 Def (-15 Def, -3 levels).
    You rewear the AF2+2 Head : +87 Def (without having to wait xx amount of time).

Also, all of those potencies are with AF3+2 hat, right Tachi?
    Yes, so it's like being at 642 smn skill.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No more ADL discussion here.