+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Hmm what? Every game advances the story, Coded possibly being the only exception.
    Either way they'd have to remake Days from scratch to make it look okay on PS3, imagine simply porting the game over...
    Nomura deliberately introduces new plot elements without fully explaining them in the same game so that he can milk the series more. He's been doing this since KH1: Final Mix.

We originally played the first KH because we were interested in the Disney+FF crossover, then we played CoM followed by KH2 because we wanted to find out how Sora's story ended.
    We're simply not interested in finding out every last detal about the characters' backstories, we want to find out what happens next.
    It's obvious at this point that KH3 will not happen until it's certain that Nomura can't milk the series anymore with unecessary backstory (re: when people stop mindlessly buying anything with "Kingdom Hearts" on the cover).

For what I care the series could have ended at KH2 since we got a very satisfying ending in that game - in fact, it's the only game in the series with a proper ending. I didn't buy 3D and I'll refuse to buy an KH remake and spin-off until KH3.

Well, Nomura said so himself that KH isn't going to end with KH3. It's just going to be the end of the Xehanort's(and I think Sora's too?) story, so I doubt he's worried about running out of ideas to "milk" to series. He's just waiting to finish Versus XIII

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Exoduso Fenice
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I am still doubtful as to Versus... it doesn't seem normal for a game to be in development for this long. The only way I see KH3 being released anytime before 2015~ or so is if they'll use Versus' engine to run KH3 as well, but knowing Square it'll take much longer. This is why they keep releasing the spinoff titles and re-releases and what not, they're trying to keep the fans of the series occupied, as if we're not aware of the fact that they're completely milking the series instead of ending Sora's story once and for all.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I don't mind being milked if that means more fun games.
    Honestly, KH games in general are some of my favorites just due to the gameplay. I really wish they would come out with something that tops KH2's battle system though. DDD might have but I am not sure, haven't played it... doubt it from what I've seen though.

EDIT: Also lol@daysbeingatallimportanttoanything

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I thought BBS system was better? ;P Although it's only like enhanced KH2 I guess.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Personally enjoy KH2's system far more than BBS's so no. Enhanced is subjective, I guess... because honestly I think the command deck idea kinda sucks.
    Also, when it comes to command styles vs drive forms, drives win every time imo.

Also, the action abilities from KH2 are something I sorely missed in BBS. I wonder if DDD brought that aspect back.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

In terms of fun, I agree KH2's had the most potential for most fun, but it was also imbalanced. KH1 is the most balanced game in the series and I enjoyed it the most because of it (only reason I don't replay it is because you can't skip scenes).

BBS' concept with Command Styles I found original and fulfilling, and more customizable than KH2's drive forms. I felt BBS was more of a thinking man's game in that respect. Personally, I don't care which concept they use for KH3 as long as it's one of those two.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Good thing you didn't mention BBS at all when talking about balance...

Don't get me wrong here. I like BBS quite a bit, one of my favorite PSP games in fact, but I just don't think it compares to KH2 at all in terms of its battle system or battle balance (in Final Mix, vanilla version is terribly balanced, but BBS is even worse). KH2 FM is where it is at for me. KH1 definitely is more balanced but there's plenty of things about it that I just can't deal with anymore, for one... the camera controls being the shoulder buttons instead of the right stick just feels all kinds of wrong.

There's plenty of other small things such as not being able to skip cutscenes that keep us from replaying it as is like you said. I really hope these issues are addressed in the HD version, if so I'll snap it up in a heartbeat with Re:CoM and Days just being extras.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Might not mean anything since this is par for the course... only double posting 'cause I think this deserves a bump since it is potential bad news, though it is still likely there will be a localization announcement in the coming months. Only thing is that with Square and KH you never do know.

http://gematsu.com/2012/09/kingdom-h...only-for-japan

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Personally, I think with all these HD releases they don't want to bother with translating and doing the VA for new stuff (that is Final Mix), that's why I'm not expecting an US/EU release.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It isn't like it was voice acted in the original Japanese releases of the FM games either and probably won't be here. FM games used the English voices.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sony does not like to release games on disc unless they're dubbed. Although Yakuza seems to be an exception.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Don't get it twisted, the games still had ALL of the original voice acting (in English, even though the games only came out in Japan)... it was simply the new content that did not have voice acting.

Example:

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    Don't get me wrong here. I like BBS quite a bit, one of my favorite PSP games in fact, but I just don't think it compares to KH2 at all in terms of its battle system or battle balance (in Final Mix, vanilla version is terribly balanced, but BBS is even worse).
    I think as the games progress, they get less balanced. KH1 required a decent bit of timing to block, don't remember if you could dodge roll indefinitely like in BBS. KH2 it got a lot easier, dodging was easier, blocking lasted longer etc. In BBS you can spam dodge roll and block with your eyes closed. I haven't played 3D yet, but I imagine it's probably on a similar level to BBS, and KH3 might end up worse than that (because is balance one of the things people complain about?)

In terms of bosses, they've gotten more and more absurd (perhaps to be in line with how much more unbalanced the game is? But I doubt they had any of that in mind when making them) from KH2 onwards. KH2:FM had the perfect mix of tough bosses, but past that you have some ridiculous shit going on with most secret encounters.

tl;dr I think things are only gonna get worse.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Don't get it twisted, the games still had ALL of the original voice acting (in English, even though the games only came out in Japan)... it was simply the new content that did not have voice acting.
    Ahh, I know the main part was in English, but I didn't remember FM not having VA.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Good thing you didn't mention BBS at all when talking about balance...
    I didn't mention it because I don't consider BBS to be balanced either. It's a trainwreck. However I still prefer it's concept of Command Styles and slower-paced gameplay compared to KH2 because all it took was spamming growth levels from drives to get through the "hard parts", if you even need that in the first place (Reflect, yo).

But you mentioned KH2FM, in which case I 100% agree with you.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

loldoublepost

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Square Enix announced high-definition versions of Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories for PlayStation 3 via Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix at the Tokyo Game Show last month. But what about Kingdom Hearts II? Famitsu interviewed series director Tetsuya Nomura this week and inquired the same.

“Is there gonna be a high-definition version of Kingdom Hearts II later?” asked Famitsu.

“It’d be unusual if there wasn’t,” Nomura replied with a smile.

Nomura also shared new details on Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. Sora and the other character models for Kingdom Hearts have been replaced with character models from Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance. And play operation is closer to Kingdom Hearts II. Regarding the Theater Mode, 70 percent are mainly old scenes made to be new cutscenes with voice.

“I’m happy to be restarting this title,” said Nomura. (Literal translation: “If this title becomes a restart, I’m happy.”)
    http://gematsu.com/2012/10/nomura-te...m-hearts-ii-hd
    http://gamenyarth.blog67.fc2.com/blog-entry-12078.html

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Oh boy incoming eventual Coded, 356/2, BBS HD remake followed up by 3D HD remake and THEN a trailer for KH3, after they re-release KH1, Re: Chain of Memory, KH2 on PS4 / 5 or whatever we are up at that point.