Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Fuck. I should have waited to replay through KH. I really didn't think this would be localized. Oh well, will just have to play through again.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Why would this not be localized? The whole point of these HD ports is to bring the series back in full force to consoles before KH3.
    A localization was always coming, this is simply an unofficial confirmation.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Why would this not be localized? The whole point of these HD ports is to bring the series back in full force to consoles before KH3.
    A localization was always coming, this is simply an unofficial confirmation.
    Given Bravely Default and Type 0, and given that they never gave us the PS2 version of Final Mix, there was plenty to worry about.

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

And that's why it was speculated as "japan only" till now apparently.

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

When I saw that this thread was bumped I was ready to come in threatening to cut people for bumping it without news of a localization. I'm pleased that I don't have to do it, even if it is just unofficial confirmation.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Well, considering it's already been bumped, here's the box art for Japan:

http://www.ff-xiii.net/images/media/...se-Box-Art.jpg

Made me immediately think of this:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__.../a2/Noctis.jpg

FU Nomura. (Also I think the box looks kinda shitty, too much going on imo, but that's pretty appropriate considering KH's story so whatever)

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Seems like Nomura has been watching Game of Thrones.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Pretty sure the image of Noctis sitting on a throne predates the show.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    Pretty sure the image of Noctis sitting on a throne predates the show.
    I meant 1.5

You know, throne made out of keyblades

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patricia Lanvaldear
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

PS2 screenshot? Why would that exist when Days came out on DS? Perhaps answering that question may lead to the answer about the desaturated color.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

heh, I never played final mix or days, so I wasn't sure what game those shots represented and guessed.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Charismatic View Post
    PS2 screenshot? Why would that exist when Days came out on DS? Perhaps answering that question may lead to the answer about the desaturated color.
    It's not a PS2 screenshot. Days occasionally had better looking cutscenes.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Not that there was ever much doubt, but Kingdom Hearts fans may have just gotten their first hint that Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix is currently being localized for a North American (and likely European as well) release.

Voice actor Jesse McCartney, who plays the characters Roxas and Ventus in various installments of the Kingdom Hearts saga, recently tweeted a photo of himself from inside a recording booth. A screen displaying a cutscene from Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days -- the story content of which is included in 1.5 HD Remix -- can clearly be seen within the photo, leading credence to the notion that McCartney was indeed recording lines for the forthcoming HD collection. Besides that, McCarney plainly stated in a related tweet addressed to Kingdom Hearts fans that he was "recording the next chapter" of the series. While this isn't technically correct -- 1.5 HD Remix collects the first two games in the series and the third game's cutscenes and gives them a high-definition makeover -- it's very likely that this was just poor word choice on McCartney's part, as there's no other game in the series he could possibly be working on, least of all the still-nonexistent Kingdom Hearts III.

Back when Square Enix first announced Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix, the company specified that the announcement was for the Japanese market only, leaving Western fans wondering when they'd hear word of a release in their territories. That makes McCartney's tweets the first hint at such a release. Even more telling is the fact that McCartney's tweets were taken down almost as quickly as they were posted, making it quite obvious that this was information Square Enix did not want the actor sharing.

So does that mean the announcement of a stateside release for 1.5 HD Remix is imminent? Square Enix continues to remain silent on the subject, but all signs point to it being a very likely possibility. But don't take my word for it; check out the photos of McCartney's tweets within this article and decide for yourself!

For those unaware, Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix includes the series' first two chronological titles story-wise, Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, and refreshes them with high-definition visuals, an improved camera, and tighter controls that are closer to Kingdom Hearts II's in style. 1.5 HD Remix also includes the cutscenes (remade in HD) and other story content (Roxas' diary entries, etc.) from the third chronological title in the series, Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days, and even throws in some all-new cutscenes that help fill in story gaps that were present in the game's original release on the Nintendo DS.

Kingdom Hearts: 1.5 HD Remix is a PS3 exclusive for now and will be released in Japan on March 14th.
    http://www.examiner.com/article/king...?CID=obnetwork

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I'm excited for this. Will definitely buy it.

Om nom nom KH HD. I'd been holding off on replaying the series because I had too much other stuff to play, so I guess I'll wait for this to come out...whenever it ends up coming out (probably the later half of the year?)

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

The only downside will be that anytime I've replayed KH1 I tend to do KH2 after. And playing KH1 HD is gonna make the second one look ugly as hell.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrath View Post
    The only downside will be that anytime I've replayed KH1 I tend to do KH2 after. And playing KH1 HD is gonna make the second one look ugly as hell.
    Just play KH2FM+ on an emulator. Looks amazing and all dat extra content.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Well as Nomura said "it would be strange if KH2 did not come after", it will eventually come out. Too bad it will probably take slow-ass SE like 3 years. >_> can't even remember how long ago FFXHD was announced and somehow KHHD is coming out even before that lol.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

I would be surprised if SE puts out anything on the PS3 after XIV comes out (and bombs).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    Well as Nomura said "it would be strange if KH2 did not come after", it will eventually come out. Too bad it will probably take slow-ass SE like 3 years. >_> can't even remember how long ago FFXHD was announced and somehow KHHD is coming out even before that lol.
    FFX HD was announced at TGS 2011 so it's been a little more than 1 year but development actually started in February 2012. KH HD has been in development before then.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast