+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Xpost from tech     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Gave 5$ to bg and all I could think of was this lousy title.
    -____-

BG Level

Xpost from tech

It's not getting any help from there so i'll copy paste it here in hopes someone can help

(I did read one of the stickies but they're all about xsplit wich I don't use)
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The other day I tried setting up a stream for shits and giggles. It worked fine when I played battlefield 3 (beside of the lag or mediocre quality when I lowered graphics to stop said lag)

But now, I tried to see if SC2 would work better as i'm sure its a lot less bandwith demanding. Problem is, the sound loops.

I open the menu 1 time, I hear it an infinity of time every like 4 5 seconds.

The stream is muted, I unplugged my mic. I don't really know what else to try.

You just got served THE CALLISTO SPECIAL
    SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Going to need a lot more specifics here, streaming software, hardware specs, OS, etc.

-____-

BG Level

Streaming software is only FFsplit.

Hardware spec: iCore 5 3470
    GeForce GTX 670
    16 GIG ram

Realtek HD audio equalizer and software.

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

Is FFSplit capturing the game as an application, or capturing a screen region of your desktop as the source? If I had to guess, it is capturing the realtek audio as part of the source, then also accepting that same input as the microphone line in, but I'd probably have to see the FFSplit settings(I've never really heard of it, but I don't do much direct-from-desktop streaming).

-____-

BG Level

Paint SS

Spoiler: show

sorry no idea why it captured 2nd monitor

SASSAGE KING OF DA WORLD
    cheap hawks gay

BG Level

You'll probably want to see exactly what all is feeding into that 'Direct Sound Capture', it's probably taking some sort of audio output from the stream software and looping that into itself. The other more derpy option, if you have your stream channel up in a browser on the side for QA purposes, make sure that's muted, I've done that a few times before.