BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 367 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    Very Sexy Nerd
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Or just post dev tracker notes in both here, and the dedicated thread, just to help the flow of the conversation.

Keeps things simple.
    This. the old thread wasn't a problem at all for people who kept up with the thread, and this is an incredibly annoyance for people like us. :/

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not gonna lie, I catching up on the thread for random things I had missed was one of my procrastination activities. This sort of upsets me.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I asked Ragns about duplicating Dev Findings posts to this thread and I got a "err", so it's up to the major Dev Tracker people at this point. If those that actually post findings want to post within two threads, then that should work for everyone. If not, then we can just merge them until the forums can duplicate the posts.

Dr. Salami
    HERO OF TIME

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Selamis Bloodwood
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

I'd vote for a remerging, not a fan of having two separate threads personally.

Me neither, for what it's worth.

And I guess if someone wants unfiltered dev blabber, they could just click the dev tracker link at the OF.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Another thing SE could/should do to adjust Burrows: get rid of the "everyone has to have cleared 1-4 to enter expedition 5". Why not just make it one huge fucking dungeon since you cant pick up extra help once you've cleared round 1 unless you want to repeat shit?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Me neither, for what it's worth.

And I guess if someone wants unfiltered dev blabber, they could just click the dev tracker link at the OF.
    Click the link. Either way, the most significant Dev Trackers are the responses Slycer translates and those are a bitch to track.

While it does include multiple languages, it's still "straight from the tap" as it were.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

1) Sticky Dev Tracker: Discussion
    2) Lock Dev Tracker: Discussion
    3) Only allow Slycer (and possible Stanislav) as well as mods to post updates
    4) Continue discussing here

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

That's what we currently have without the pin/limited access. Unless I misunderstand the complaints, I'm not sure how that will address the complaints saying that moving between threads is an annoyance.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It works with version updates, and has for years..

People have never had an issue c/ping or quoting something they wanted discussed.

Beyond my original joke, I really don't see how this is a problem at all.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Clearly we need a dev tracker discussion thread discussion thread.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by grevenilvec75 View Post
    Clearly we need a dev tracker discussion thread discussion thread.
    Going to make a thread to discuss the possibility of making a dev tracker discussion thread discussion thread. May break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    It works with version updates, and has for years..

People have never had an issue c/ping or quoting something they wanted discussed.

Beyond my original joke, I really don't see how this is a problem at all.
    Version updates are less frequent, previously like 3-4 months apart with current more like 1-2 of little shit. Could go 2 weeks without a dev post, then the next day have 4. Just generally less predictable.

And aside from the occasional bitching about how Abyssea killed FFXI shit, wading through the discussion usually isn't too bad.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That doesn't really take away from the fact that having all of the official reports consecutively appearing is extremely beneficial and time-saving, while having discussion separate hardly affects you negatively at all. People will likely post or quote the findings here too, and if you're having trouble finding what DEV post someone was talking about (which I know would occasionally happen to me), you have a simple thread where you can find out very quickly and easily.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5417105

Posted some stuff on the other thread. Long story short: they have no clue what's going on with Meeble Burrows and they haven't fixed it yet, but the item display stuff is fixed.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

holy fucking most retarded answer ever with no logic behind

how about adding then those relic +2 items to the artifact/relic store NPC!? as a set, yes its suboptimal, but better then not havein gany storage slip at all... god dammit

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Because I really want to have to get that mijin gakure augment so I can store my koga hakama +2. Good work, SE.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

I understand the need to be thorough, but really if someone wants to wade through all the actual dev posts there's an easy way to do it on the OF.

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    holy fucking most retarded answer ever with no logic behind

how about adding then those relic +2 items to the artifact/relic store NPC!? as a set, yes its suboptimal, but better then not havein gany storage slip at all... god dammit
    Or to paraphrase what they said: In order that we don't make you hold another item to store items, we'll make you hold that item instead.

Distilling it further: So you don't have to hold at most 1 item, we'll make you hold at least 1 item.

Players don't HAVE to choose to hold on to the storage slip. If it's not useful, trash it and buy another for a pittance later. The only situation I can think of where a storage slip is inferior to just holding the item is if I have only 1 item in a class and I use that item regularly. How many of us have only 1 item from a set as big as the storage slips that we would take out and put away regularly?

I welcome any and all storage slips they offer as the worst case, I just don't use them. With an already existing template to build a storage slip, underutilized storage slips aren't a significant resource waste as 95% of the work for a new slip is already done. If even a smallish % of the playerbase opts to use it, it's content that was worth the time to shove an intern at. I just can't follow the logic, but then it's been a long time since I could follow SE's logic in anything on the design of this game...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 367 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast