BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Spekkio View Post
    Or to paraphrase what they said: In order that we don't make you hold another item to store items, we'll make you hold that item instead.

Distilling it further: So you don't have to hold at most 1 item, we'll make you hold at least 1 item.

Players don't HAVE to choose to hold on to the storage slip. If it's not useful, trash it and buy another for a pittance later. The only situation I can think of where a storage slip is inferior to just holding the item is if I have only 1 item in a class and I use that item regularly. How many of us have only 1 item from a set as big as the storage slips that we would take out and put away regularly?

I welcome any and all storage slips they offer as the worst case, I just don't use them. With an already existing template to build a storage slip, underutilized storage slips aren't a significant resource waste as 95% of the work for a new slip is already done. If even a smallish % of the playerbase opts to use it, it's content that was worth the time to shove an intern at. I just can't follow the logic, but then it's been a long time since I could follow SE's logic in anything on the design of this game...
    That was a fairly head-desk answer. I am kind of in disbelief with the "logic"™ behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by ryskar View Post
    Because I really want to have to get that mijin gakure augment so I can store my koga hakama +2. Good work, SE.
    I wouldn't even mind wasting a day or two of Dynamoose entry if it was a goal equally achievable by all jobs (You can still farm quite a few coins while exping after all). At least NIN is a job that can do Dynamis XP solo efficiently. With how annoying it was to augment my RDM pieces I'm very hesitant to get any BLM pieces.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Letting Summoners skill up faster and letting Logs/Ores stack would both be totally broken and impossible. Please discuss.

People still HELM?

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Using a bot, avg skill up was 11/night for summoning magic lol.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

The thing is, it skills up pretty quickly (just summoning) up to somewhere around 250-300, at which point it completely falls off. Why can't it just skill like that to cap?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Logs would crash the economy? I can understand ores seeing as Smithing/Gold is still an expensive bitch to level, but logs wouldn't mean shit.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If by now you don't realize that they never do anything even remotely drastic for fear of doing ANYTHING, positive or negative to the economy, then you haven't been paying attention for the last 10 years.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

They let clusters stack, I'd say thats potentially more detrimental to the economy than letting ores stack. Last I checked, there has been one relic made solely by "farming fire clusters in sky", I've never heard of a relic being made by mining halvung or logging in jugner(s).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Nah man. ebony logs are 1,500gil each. can you imagine the wonton destruction if those bad boys were stacked? 50k fire crystals! shihei for 100k! Vana'diel as we know it would bloat up like Oprah at a all you can eat buffet.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dev Tracker: Discussion

Part of me actually thinks that SE checks their server logs, see a bunch of logs getting NPCed and figures its cause people are actually logging, not cause of VW.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Letting Summoners skill up faster and letting Logs/Ores stack would both be totally broken and impossible. Please discuss.
    it retarded period, allready made that suggestion to SE last year.

The only reason why ingots/ores are overpriced:

- non stackable ores
    - no benefit on HQing a ingot or sheet synth (you have benefits on chain synth tough)

those are the 2 reasons why smithing and goldsmithing are more expensiv to skill up then other crafts. its not a natural overpriceing its a artificial one done by SE, which imho is retarded in my eyes.

I suggest to them to let ores stack and have ingot / sheet HQ synthing have some benefit in increased returned numbers (much like with logs in woodworking). Yeah shits retarded. Besides synthing ingots from ores is a chore, since you have to clear basicly all your fucking inventory if you want to make 12 ingots.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    Logs would crash the economy? I can understand ores seeing as Smithing/Gold is still an expensive bitch to level, but logs wouldn't mean shit.
    sorry but ores wont crash the economy, some ingots are so overpriced for the use they actually have NOWADAYs, which is imho retarded.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

It has always been pretty stupid that the bread-and-butter synths for two of the 8 crafts uses 4 non-stackable ingredients.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    Using a bot, avg skill up was 11/night for summoning magic lol.
    50 with B.E.W pitarus (+04 or 0.5 each skil up, almost). 50skill per night.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I had B.E.W. pitarus too. You got very lucky or have very restful nights.

Clever and witty, all together the ladies love the Nekura
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

One of the things I enjoyed about FFXI -- and why I had high hopes for FFXIV -- was the attention to detail put into minor things. Then I see that same attention to detail being used to justify not making good quality-of-life changes and just shake my head.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The log thing is pretty bad, but they're response regarding the storage slips has to be one of the worst/stupidest things they ever posted. The fact that the community team guy posted it also leads me to believe that they either don't read or don't care what they post. They essentially said "we don't want to clog your inventory by giving you an item that saves inventory space." Because, you know, that makes sense.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus View Post
    That was a fairly head-desk answer. I am kind of in disbelief with the "logic"™ behind it.
    Why not turn the slips into key items? I mean... Claim Slips key item is capable of holding up to 5 items of same set, take same principal and apply it to "type" of gear and BAM! inventory woes are solved for everyone. (Doesn't item code equals key item code per character?)

Relic Shield
    BG Level

It's pretty obvious that camate and team spend most of their times translating stuffs for EN/FR/DE of FF14, they answer very fast to poster's questions overthere. I'm sure they dont even pass all the request to the ff11 devs. Hey did we ever get that subtitled video of vanafest, where a lot more was said than just their summarry? They did translate the live letter in less than 2 weeks for ff14.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 367 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast