Closed Thread
Page 4 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Hirronimus View Post
    Why not turn the slips into key items? I mean... Claim Slips key item is capable of holding up to 5 items of same set, take same principal and apply it to "type" of gear and BAM! inventory woes are solved for everyone. (Doesn't item code equals key item code per character?)
    Claim slips aren't really the same. You could represent a claim slip (or any KI) with a single bit. If it's 0, you don't have the KI. If it's 1, you do.

Items represent more data (stats, description, etc.) and storage slips work by interpreting this extra data as a series of flags (1, he has the armor; 0, he doesn't have the armor).

So, like, your key item list could be:
    Spoiler: show
    Bit - Interpretation (only the bit would be in game)
    Bit 0: 0 - He doesn't have portal charm
    Bit 1: 0 - He doesn't have a Canal Permit
    Bit 2: 1 - He has a Limit Breaker
    Bit 3: 0 - He doesn't have a Magicite
    Bit 4: 0 - He doesn't have a Letter from the Lu'shang bros.
    ...etc.

And this set of bits (5 listed) would be sent from the server every time you try to open your KI menu so that the client knows what to display.

Items would be something more like
    Spoiler: show
    Bits - Interpretation
    Bits 0~15 - Item Name
    Bits 16~63 - Item Description

For normal items:
    Bits 64~127 - Item Data (stats, etc.)

For storage slips:
    Bit 64 - Does he have Armada Hauberk?
    Bit 65 - Does he have Armada Mufflers?
    Bit 66 - Does he have Armada Breeches?
    etc.

So each Storage Slip is kind of like an entire Key Item menu stored inside of an item. It's just a big array of flags for whether or not you have a given item. It's kind of an ideal solution because the amount of data between client and server stays the same (as if it was any other item).

I don't know why they refuse to expand it.

a p. sweet dude
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by mdkuser View Post
    50 with B.E.W pitarus (+04 or 0.5 each skil up, almost). 50skill per night.
    At 380, I went up 26 skill levels over three days (16 hours a day between sleep and school). I'm gonna call bullshit on 50 levels per night at any skill level over 200.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5422865

In short: automatons spamming silence on immune monsters, and no plans to change anything about Crystal Petrifacts.

Are we in agreement that it would be a very, very bad idea to give Crystal Petrifacts any other purpose in the future? I can't even begin to estimate how many I've tossed or just killed in crates.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Petrifacts would be less a pain in the ass if they were their own separate drop away from the blue% pool. At least it wouldn't affect my supply of 2-5k logs.

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    JP Translations:
    Filtering RMT Messages
    People commenting on how there seem to be more RMT related messages around recently. Response from the community team is that the chat message filter is updated very frequently, sometimes as often as 10 times a day and that it's basically a cat-and-mouse game so it's impossible to completely block all of the messages.
    Anyone got a clue if the game has a built-in flood filter? Eg, spamming tells to multiple characters non-stop.

Can't remember the last time I used the 'spam' chat filters also. Ended up blocking more legit tells than RMT last I tried.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5422865

In short: automatons spamming silence on immune monsters, and no plans to change anything about Crystal Petrifacts.

Are we in agreement that it would be a very, very bad idea to give Crystal Petrifacts any other purpose in the future? I can't even begin to estimate how many I've tossed or just killed in crates.
    if the crystals would make it possible to get the 3 KIs that are needed to enter Provenance watcher fight, I wouldnt mind, would kind of kill the need to kill the cuturae fights. I would welcome that change. hell even being able to turn them into voidstones would be a decent change (tough a very very very late one)

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Trade 2x for a voiddust would be the only acceptable alternative.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Automaton silence is always broken. Every single time anything gets changed. At all. It breaks Automaton casting silence. It's pretty piss that the fellowship NPC has better casting AI than automatons.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

do GoV and get skill up buffs, while you farm the magic skill up ear. Caps smn magic easy.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5423462

The "No"s continue. My favorite part of this one is that last sentence:

"However, we do understand there is a desire for an automatic ranged attack, and if it should change, we'll be sure to let you know."

What the hell does that even mean? If one day ranged attacks randomly become automatic, unbeknownst to the dev team, they'll let us know? Uh... thanks.

We are aware that ranger sucks but right now it would require core changes to fix it so please level a real job. The only hope for RNG is the amount of QQ against the bullet/ammo price in the census.

I think it's unintentionally a sensible sentence, actually. There's 2 points at issue here, the way ranged attacks are handled and the way WS are handled. RA are unlikely to change, but with rune fencer coming down the chute among other things, the way WS are handled conceivably (but granted, unlikely) could be affected in such a way that the interference would not happen. It's unlikely, but it actually makes more sense than a throwaway sentence should! Just found that ironic.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

What is it that's stopping them from copy/pasting the code from melee attacks onto ranged attacks? They make it sound like they have to invent this extraordinary new system when their template already exists.

Well, it's a bit more complicated between having to stand still and shooting consuming ammo. Plus you can technically RA outside of the melee state. Might be easier to just consider RAs silent JAs. The melee state is also why you can't WS without being engaged. I'd say it could be done, but it's not as simple as copy/paste. Nor would I want to see situations where you could shoot while running, as that honestly makes a lot of ranged classes too good in other games.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    What is it that's stopping them from copy/pasting the code from melee attacks onto ranged attacks? They make it sound like they have to invent this extraordinary new system when their template already exists.
    remember that version update where Cures started to one shot every undead mob? yeah.... thats preventing them from doing it. Every time SE changes something that is in the core design of the game, it ends up destroying something totally different.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Think it'd be out of the realm for them to implement what'd essentially be an auto-range command that you could cancel out by hitting a key while in that state, like we have with /follow? Make it a parameter to the existing /ra command or something.

Would beat having a repeating /ra <t> <wait 3-5> while waiting on TP.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Dotsudoku View Post
    One of the most basic rules of programming is NEVER copy paste code. Either refactor it so it can be used by more than one class or break it into functions.

Either way, no, it is not as simple as you think it is.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

That wasn't to be taken literally. I said template for a reason.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

people gave you reasons why it wont work to use normal attacks template. Its not simple. They understand people want it and I bet are considering it. I am willing to bet if auto ranged attacks did come into play, SE would screw it up bad. It take months to fix ranger lol.

No coding is simple if you want it done right.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Heaven forbid SE have to put in work for a version update. Next SE will tell me a RNG ammo fix cant be done because a programmer is on maternity leave.

Personally, I was thinking if they changed ranged to autoattack,that they should make it so that you can move and shoot at the same time, just reduce your movement speed dramatically when your bow is out (Down to like 20%), so that you can make adjustments for sweet spot as necessary while continuing to fire, but without having rangers with movement speed be invincible (continuously backing up as you fire or something).

In b4 clipper, don't think cheat programs would be a valid argument against an adjustment like that to the game. =P

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 367 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast