Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 5 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Flowery Twats
    BG Level

Or just impose a very hefty ranged accuracy penalty whilst moving.

I don't remember if the game has anything that keeps track of whether you're moving or not, off the top of my head I know a spell can resolve even if you run around like crazy as long as you end at the same place, so I'm guessing it'd be "simpler" to just make you move slower while you're in the shoot animation or whatever.

Yeah, spells basically check to see if you're where you started when it comes time to go off, allowing some time for movement in-between if the spell takes long enough. But spells also have the global delay issue, which is partially why SE shot down auto-ranging since you can't do other shit like JA or WS until that delay clears. Still think demanding the person remain stationary for the best, though. If you want optimum distance, the mob needs to be kept still. Otherwise, it moving is no different than you moving for a penalty, and wanting some kind of -move would basically require a second engage state that'd likely conflict with melee if you tried to do both at once.

Aside from people being lazy about hitting a macro, I'd rather SE focus more on ammo costs while possibly upping damage and TP generation to bridge the gap between well-hasted melee. Enmity, and maintaining distance as a result, is another can of worms. Then again, maybe I'm weird for thinking you shouldn't have to have a relic to freely spam ranged WS without fear.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    Yeah, spells basically check to see if you're where you started when it comes time to go off, allowing some time for movement in-between if the spell takes long enough. But spells also have the global delay issue, which is partially why SE shot down auto-ranging since you can't do other shit like JA or WS until that delay clears. Still think demanding the person remain stationary for the best, though. If you want optimum distance, the mob needs to be kept still. Otherwise, it moving is no different than you moving for a penalty, and wanting some kind of -move would basically require a second engage state that'd likely conflict with melee if you tried to do both at once.

Aside from people being lazy about hitting a macro, I'd rather SE focus more on ammo costs while possibly upping damage and TP generation to bridge the gap between well-hasted melee. Enmity, and maintaining distance as a result, is another can of worms. Then again, maybe I'm weird for thinking you shouldn't have to have a relic to freely spam ranged WS without fear.
    I dont know I would rather have a higher bonus to no enmity then haveing more fire power. I would rather like SE make RNG and COR a pritty almost hate-free damage dealer, instead of makeing them hit like a truck (not like RNG doesnt dish out immense amounts of dmg). Not haveing to worry much about hate lets you go loose and makes fights that much smoother when the mob stays at its place.

You could still hit like a truck with low enmity, but that's just the system needing overhauls alongside tanks being more tanky. I'm just a bit bias about other games and ranged classes being highly mobile pew pew machines that are favored 9 times out of 10 over melee in a lot of situations. FFXI is actually one of the rare games where being a melee is often a better choice.

remove ammo->auto ranged attack->can ws mid shot just like melees->can ws while moving->can shoot while moving->questions

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Rework Ranged Attack so it is rehashed /attack code instead /ja code -> there's not actually a problem because things aren't impossible in a reality that you create -> can WS mid-shot and while moving

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Probably uses JA because they want to check whether you can even RA (You always "try" to melee even if you are out of range). Would also make specific ammo a bitch to use (Omphalooooooos).

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Could just make R/Ex ammo incompatible with auto-shot. Done!

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So I guess some update at some point changed testimonies so that you can use them three times before you need to get another one. I don't even remember that happening, but there's a post on the JP side saying that the 3x usage thing isn't working for some jobs' testimonies. Might be just the expansion ones or something, I'm not exactly sure how to translate it. Anyway, they're working on a fix and will implement it soon.

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

It happened about 2-3 updates ago.

You seem to be forgetting part 1 and 2 of my ->chain

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

i remember seeing a /range auto-attack xml a while back that you could toggle with triggers, dunno how good it was but should just do that.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    So I guess some update at some point changed testimonies so that you can use them three times before you need to get another one. I don't even remember that happening, but there's a post on the JP side saying that the 3x usage thing isn't working for some jobs' testimonies. Might be just the expansion ones or something, I'm not exactly sure how to translate it. Anyway, they're working on a fix and will implement it soon.
    Not just advanced classes. On BLM, Mafai wiped to Maat three times and he had to farm each one because he couldn't use the same testimony.

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    You seem to be forgetting part 1 and 2 of my ->chain
    Your chain led to questions, not answers.

I never ask questions, I merely leave the illusory appearance of such an option. Did you see a question mark? I didn't think so.

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    Could just make R/Ex ammo incompatible with auto-shot. Done!
    This would make my corsair happy. I have thee bullet from Akvan, but afraid to equip it. Lol.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by vagus View Post
    This would make my corsair happy. I have thee bullet from Akvan, but afraid to equip it. Lol.
    I still have never shot mine off and I've used it many times, for a long time. I just have my ammo unequip (not replace with another bullet, just unequip) immediately after performing any Quick Draw shot. Can be annoying if I try to do two Quick Draw shots in a row, but like I said, I've never shot it off, so I'm happy leaving it the way it is. Of course, the ranged attack/WS macros re-equip the correct bullet, which sort of serves as a double check to make sure that Omphalos isn't equipped (as long as I have bullets left in my inventory).

I don't get why they decided to not just make it dispensed like they did with the Gold Musketeer's Bolt and such. You would think they'd remember an adjustment they themselves made to a bullet with almost the exact same function in the past.

Unless we're assuming that there's literally 0 people left from that era, which I'm pretty sure we know isn't true just from the Vana'Fest.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I don't get why they decided to not just make it dispensed like they did with the Gold Musketeer's Bolt and such. You would think they'd remember an adjustment they themselves made to a bullet with almost the exact same function in the past.

Unless we're assuming that there's literally 0 people left from that era, which I'm pretty sure we know isn't true just from the Vana'Fest.
    They already answered. It's because they the old ammo used to cost CP and they didnt want people sitting on thier CP in the off chance they fired an arrow. THe bullet however is rare and "we want to keep it that way" the post has been inducing rage in cors and rng's for weeks by now at how retarded it was.

I...what? What kind of sense does that make? I could say I'd sit on my voidstones because I wouldn't want to risk shooting it. >_>

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 367 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast