Page 6 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast
    TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm sorry. I'll stop touching myself at night. :<

Flowery Twats
    BG Level

I just throw my Omphalos Bullet in Delivery Box whenever I do Akvan. Got three now so less worried about shooting them (Though I still use an unequip macro as mentionde above, and have a spellcast rule which cancels any /ra /ws etc if it's equipped).

What a concept! Make things intentionally breakable so we can get (read buy) them all over again! I think I've had cell phones like that before...

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Well, at least their recent meebles post explains why the problem didn't exist on the test server. It's hard to get a volume-related issue when the update breaks the test server for something like 80% of the users.

Also, this makes me wonder if Meebles is actually instanced.

Radsourceful

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    I don't have time to translate everything right now, but this one's important. I'll translate the rest later today if there are no official translations by then.

Meeble Burrows Random Discharge Follow-Up

*snip*
    *exploit hats on* I wonder if you'd be able to roll back boss runs repeatedly until you got a drop with this, hah - or if it'll need someone to have been kicked in the first place to work.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

The only time we've had this happen, there was nobody else at the entrance and nobody inside the burrows areas.

And even if you have to get someone kicked, I can see people trying to find a way to get one person kicked, since the post states that everyone in the group gets their book reset and pheremone sack back.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since it wasn't translated, here's the other important one. Apparently "yes" responses do happen occasionally (at least on the JP side).

Preludes/Etudes/Dirge/Sirvente to Become AoE

Quoted Request:
    Recently there have been a lot of people asking for something like Pianissimo that makes single target songs into AoE. However, so many enemies recently use AoE Dispel moves and there won't be many chances to use the JA because of recast timer. Can you instead just make a default AoE range for all of the buff songs (etude, prelude, etc.), and then people can apply Pianissimo to that if they desire?

Community Team Reply:
    Although it may take some time, we believe that we can organize the effects of songs so that all of the buffing songs apply to allies in range. More specifically, we will unify the way the songs operate such that they are self-centered and if you want to apply to a specific non-self target without a range effect you can use Pianissimo.

In response to this, in the test server update this week, we will modify the effects of Foe Sirvente, Adventurer's Dirge, Preludes, and Etudes from single target to players within range of the caster. Since the songs' effects will match the other songs, we will also extend the casting time to match (from 4 to 8 seconds) and the songs will generate additional enmity based on the number of targets. If the song is cast on a single target, it should be able to cast in a faster period of time, so we are adding an effect to Pianissimo to cut song cast time by half.

Note that we are not currently considering creating these effects such that they effect a range around a target other than the caster. The range of benefit can be made larger with instruments, or players can use Pianissimo if they do not want to risk moving into an enemy's range.

Hopefully this adjustment will make using these songs easier.
    brd gets allways such nice updates

why does cor still not have some form of pianissimo

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Alliance songs??? Fuck yes if so, I'm so sick of BRD swaps.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Alliance songs??? Fuck yes if so, I'm so sick of BRD swaps.
    I don't think so. They're just letting you use Pianissimo to make single target buff songs AoE.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    brd gets allways such nice updates
    Sarcasm or am I missing something? Merit songs/etudes/preludes are useless.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    I don't think so. They're just letting you use Pianissimo to make single target buff songs AoE.
    Although it may take some time, we believe that we can organize the effects of songs so that all of the buffing songs apply to allies in range.
    They said they were going to make the single target buffs aoe by default and increase cast time. (while making pianissimo halve casting time, assuming that would apply to all songs)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by fantasticdan View Post
    Was thinking the same. Who even uses these songs or has the merit ones?

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmagi View Post
    Although it may take some time, we believe that we can organize the effects of songs so that all of the buffing songs apply to allies in range.
    Poor choice of words in translation, they just meant party members.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I'm sad now.

It's a niche use, but techncally, wouldn't increasing DEX be worth more than a minuet if you're hitting crit sweet spot?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Well they did patch meebles last night, maybe this went in.

Requiescat in pace.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit
    Not to worry, Etrigan!

In the future, we will offer additional opportunities to obtain Ark Sabers or Ark Scythes! We'll keep you all posted so please look forward to it!
    C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

kinda

I think FFXI should be Free-2-Play
    BG Level

AGI etude is pretty useful for WF, Prelude is good for legion when racc harder to cap and you're not locking SV.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Update (another JP translation):

After reviewing the many varied proposals related to this, we have decided to introduce a mechanism so that Crystal Petrifacts can be exchanged for cruor.

Crystal Petrifacts were originally intended to replace Kupofried's Corundum in%2
    wtf. This is my punishment for trading in my petrifacts all the time.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Updated my translation, stupid forum ate everything after the "%2" when I tried to edit something. Nothing really of consequence after that, they just gave a typical nonsense explanation as to why it wouldn't really make sense to allow the corundum to be explained for Voidstones (since a lot of people asked for that). I'm guessing they'll wind up being like 3000 cruor each.

BTW, did I miss it, or did this just completely pass up the NA/EU side of things? They sent out a request for ideas regarding replacing the petrifacts to the JP side, got ideas, and actually responded and are implementing a solution based on those ideas. Seems like something we should have been involved with. Not that I think we would have come up with a better idea, but still.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 367 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast