Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 367 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Byrthnoth View Post
    wtf. This is my punishment for trading in my petrifacts all the time.
    I just traded in about 400 of the things myself. Will kinda suck missing out on all that cruor, but oh well. They should just let you convert corundrums into cruor instead!

I would be sincerely surprised if the cruor exchange rate for petrifacts was anything of significance. I'm guessing this is something that will be moreso along the lines of the tiny cruor boost you get from destroying chests. You aren't doing anything of real substance, so I can't imagine the rewards being anything too splendid.

If I had to make an estimate, my guess would be 1K cruor per petrifact.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Updated my translation, stupid forum ate everything after the "%2" when I tried to edit something. Nothing really of consequence after that, they just gave a typical nonsense explanation as to why it wouldn't really make sense to allow the corundum to be explained for Voidstones (since a lot of people asked for that). I'm guessing they'll wind up being like 3000 cruor each.

BTW, did I miss it, or did this just completely pass up the NA/EU side of things? They sent out a request for ideas regarding replacing the petrifacts to the JP side, got ideas, and actually responded and are implementing a solution based on those ideas. Seems like something we should have been involved with. Not that I think we would have come up with a better idea, but still.
    NA's are stupid and dont know anything obviously. But I dont think their reasoning to not let Petrifacts be turned into voidstones be nonsense...it does create a direct loop.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    NA's are stupid and dont know anything obviously. But I dont think their reasoning to not let Petrifacts be turned into voidstones be nonsense...it does create a direct loop.
    i wouldnt mind the direct loop, considering the shitty luck some people have with voidwatch drops.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa View Post
    I mean, cruor can be readily turned into gil, which can in turn buy voiddust for voidstones, so that's where the logic kind of fails. I understand they're trying to uphold some sort of sensibility, but there are plenty of other things in FFXI that make less sense than that would. Not saying I'd prefer voidstones, as cruor allows for more options, but I don't necessarily agree with the implication that they make that it would suddenly destroy the impenetrably solid lore behind Voidwatch.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardeniii View Post
    I would be sincerely surprised if the cruor exchange rate for petrifacts was anything of significance. I'm guessing this is something that will be moreso along the lines of the tiny cruor boost you get from destroying chests. You aren't doing anything of real substance, so I can't imagine the rewards being anything too splendid.

If I had to make an estimate, my guess would be 1K cruor per petrifact.
    I completely agree. Everything with SE is a "Monkey's Paw Bargain." We asked for other applications, they give us one, but one any common sense would say is useless. Besides, I'd be cool with KCs if I could ever get enough people together to do the crystal dragon fight. As lame as it is, I still haven't beaten that damn thing.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I dont think its so much a "monkey paw bargain" as you're making it out to be. There are only so many Pyxis able to load in abyssea at any given time (80 in the area I checked, and I think 4 are reserved as mimic PH's, otherwise people would just datswap the mob pyxis names). Its a pretty large amount, but its still a finite amount. When abyssea was overly popular, people would cleave sets of mobs, and wind up with 0 chests, so they added the destroy option. They had to give SOME benefit for using it, otherwise groups wouldnt bother destroying useless chests.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Wasn't the chest cap even lower to start? I recalled cleaving for no chests not being as big a problem after they upped the cap.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

A better solution (if getting voidstones was too much) for crystal petrifacts would have been to take the part of the cells:
    Trade petrifacts to the rift to boost your alignment on a selected light, or on all lights.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helldemon Ffxi
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Been tossing mine for months, have more then enough KC's

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Wasn't the chest cap even lower to start? I recalled cleaving for no chests not being as big a problem after they upped the cap.
    I checked an old dat I had saved, used to be 48. was probably a bigger problem during JP time.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The petrifacts wouldn't be a problem if the caturae dropped anything worth getting off your ass for.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Chamaan View Post
    The petrifacts wouldn't be a problem if the caturae dropped anything worth getting off your ass for.
    They do. Wanion belt, myrmex mitts, and misc crafting materials like scarletite ingot which worths like 2M now on my server.

I can understand them not going from petrifract to voidstone, particularly when they settled on cruor. Any gil that introduces can be nibbled away by the AH with people buying stones from others. Meanwhile, those who don't VW as often can walk away with a bit of extra cash to possibly buy cells or whatever. But without knowing the conversion, hard to fairly judge. If it's like busting a pyxis, yeah, fuck SE.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post5438023

Anyone know what the mouse issue is? I never use mouse so I have no idea.

Also, bunch of interesting Meeble Burrows stuff posted there. Looks like they've already got more expeditions in the pipeline, and are planning to both increase the maximum number of stored pheromones as well as potentially add ways to reduce the time between them. The idea of trading research marks for more sacks (or for something that makes sacks come back faster) seems perfect to me, as it would get around the whole "accumulating research marks too quickly" thing, but still provide more opportunities to do boss runs.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Maybe it's how your mouse will interfere with menus while you're not actively using it, like when you open a menu with a gamepad and you happen to have left the mouse cursor over a gear box while you try and change gear.

PUP Power!
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Meebles updates look nice. I have yet to start them but I may try starting up a static tonight now

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesandsex View Post
    Maybe it's how your mouse will interfere with menus while you're not actively using it, like when you open a menu with a gamepad and you happen to have left the mouse cursor over a gear box while you try and change gear.

I hate that soooo much. I hope thats what they are referring to.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

We cannot completely disable the mouse cursor because it would cause problems for Windows and other applications.
    I am facepalming so hard right now.
    Spoiler: show
    It's called introducing a flag in your own code that just ignores any input from the mouse entirely.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The issue, like with Windower's disable mouse feature, is that you cannot simply click on the window to return to FFXI if you just disable the mouse.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 367 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 ... LastLast