Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 352 of 367 FirstFirst ... 302 342 350 351 352 353 354 362 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

One possible reason (not saying it's true or even particularly likely) is that Job Abilities might be coded differently than spells; since JAs are always learned at the same level, it's possible that the level the JAs are learned at is coded directly into the ability. Merit JAs are probably always learned at 75, and putting merits into them "enables" different versions of them instead of making you "learn" them. That would be impossible for spells, since you can use the scrolls at any level >= the minimum.

If that was true, they would need to create an extra JA for each different job that they want to learn it at a different level. For example, if you gave both Beastmaster and Summoner Release, it would be impossible for SMN to learn it at level 1, and BST to learn it at level 35, like how they currently learn their equivalent abilities.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

I believe that is most likely the case as well.

Is the new mog case coming in October's Update? from the looks of it as well, the Update will probably be next Mon or Tuesday?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi View Post
    I believe that is most likely the case as well.

Is the new mog case coming in October's Update? from the looks of it as well, the Update will probably be next Mon or Tuesday?
    POL says october. No idea on exact date I wont get my hopes up on early in the month though unless they put it out somewhere

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    POL says october. No idea on exact date I wont get my hopes up on early in the month though unless they put it out somewhere
    Slycer didn't translate the end of the week compilation they did on 9/27, but Ito said according to Google Translate...

Quote Originally Posted by Ito
    Ito: There the meeting, and I seem to be able to deliver up version of October the week after next if there is a big problem as it is.
    The version up in October, and home delivery enhancements Mog House menu and Mogukesu
    We will mainly the addition of useful features and make various adjustments.
    Details are, we want done firmly, such as topics, so please be patient.
    Bold my emphasis. Link to the post here.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seraphus Highwynn
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

There haven't been any reveals in the past few weeks. Even the test server update was pretty miniscule. I bet originally they planned for a big Autumn update but then fell behind schedule. Now they're trying to save face by splitting in to two updates, giving us 20% of the content in October so they have more time and a further deadline to work on the shit that was supposed to come in October. Also SP2 abilities and Synergy Skill cap increases were slated for like 2011 release. It's almost 2014....

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

Related to the Repeat Login Event:

Spoiler: show
    If anyone, like me, doesn't feel like spamming out the decision tree to pick up 450 KS, here's a script:

Code:
    input /targetnpc;
    wait 0.4;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 2.8;
    setkey right down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey right up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey right down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey right up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey right down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey right up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey right down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey right up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey up down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey up up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey up down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey up up;
    wait 0.5;
    setkey enter down;
    wait 0.2;
    setkey enter up;
    wait 0.5;
    Do something like:
    Code:
    alias one exec ks.txt
    alias five one;one;one;one;one;
    alias ten five;five;five;five;five;
    alias fifty ten;ten;ten;ten;ten;
    alias half fifty;fifty;fifty;fifty;
    alias fourfitty fifty;half;half;
    If you need to stop for some reason,:
    Code:
    //alias one ;

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Where did you learn to multiply

Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fwahm View Post
    One possible reason (not saying it's true or even particularly likely) is that Job Abilities might be coded differently than spells; since JAs are always learned at the same level, it's possible that the level the JAs are learned at is coded directly into the ability. Merit JAs are probably always learned at 75, and putting merits into them "enables" different versions of them instead of making you "learn" them. That would be impossible for spells, since you can use the scrolls at any level >= the minimum.

If that was true, they would need to create an extra JA for each different job that they want to learn it at a different level. For example, if you gave both Beastmaster and Summoner Release, it would be impossible for SMN to learn it at level 1, and BST to learn it at level 35, like how they currently learn their equivalent abilities.
    that definitely does seem like the most plausible explanation.. but they have shown their ability to work around the system.. for example, with Phantom Roll. Granted Phantom Roll is a JA that is learnt at lv5, the rolls in the JA's sub menu are learnt via items, not unlike spell scrolls, but are JA. I believe the use of submenus also circumvented the max number of JA in the past (like BPs, Waltz, Steps, Ready, Phantom Roll) but only because they were all tied to the same JA recast timer.

October update is next monday the 7th from jp's maint page, 10-11:30 PDT.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wonder if they'll be able to stick to their time table and get out the November update on the 4th or 11th. Any further details on what's coming in October's update? The post I quoted above only mentioned the Mog Case, Mog House Sending feature, and other minor adjustments. Think they said the Monstrosity changes were coming in October as well, but haven't seen those mentioned for a few weeks. Prolly hoping for too much for any other content to slip its way in.

There's two new dev posts on the JP side, but I can't really tell what they're about, Google thoroughly butchers them.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nothing particularly interesting. They went back again on their magic evasion flip-flop for BST pets, and decided once again to have magic evasion go up with the jug pet's level post-99. The Mocchi post has no new info.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Wonder if they'll be able to stick to their time table and get out the November update on the 4th or 11th. Any further details on what's coming in October's update? The post I quoted above only mentioned the Mog Case, Mog House Sending feature, and other minor adjustments. Think they said the Monstrosity changes were coming in October as well, but haven't seen those mentioned for a few weeks. Prolly hoping for too much for any other content to slip its way in.

There's two new dev posts on the JP side, but I can't really tell what they're about, Google thoroughly butchers them.
    The Monstrosity changes are new zones and stance-shifting for Gnoles and Wamouracampa.

Was mentioned along with all the other stuff last week (?).

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Slycer View Post
    Nothing particularly interesting. They went back again on their magic evasion flip-flop for BST pets, and decided once again to have magic evasion go up with the jug pet's level post-99. The Mocchi post has no new info.
    Wanna take bets on thek changing it again

Trigun

Taru Caruso
    Spoiler: show

Mr. Anna Kendrick
    BGs Worst Golde Abuser

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Charles Barkley
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

lovin the gangsta code

alias fourfitty fifty;half;half;
    FOUR FITTY - FIFTY HALFHALFHALFHALF AWWWW YEAH

Interested to see how much longer they continue to drop content on FFXI, kinda running out of steam on FFXIV, may start logging in to FFXI again

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

there is a new JP dev post, summarizing the october version update, and if i read lol-google-translate correctly the developers are advicing people to switch from PS2 to XBox 360 or PC to avoid blackouts due to the memory limit of the PS2 oO

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    Blog Entries

I hope there's more to the version update than that. I think it was mostly just Fujito being Fujito, though. Here's what I got from it:
    * Mog Case is getting added
    * They're reducing the time between /deliverybox attempts to 15 seconds (from 30)
    * /hidearmor is getting added, but Fujito isn't sure that even that save the playstation so he recommends migrating off it.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dunno what all we're getting exactly, they've been pretty hush for the most part, and now we've got a few dev posts in a row not even mentioning the Monstrocity changes.

Whatever it is we end up getting though, there's gonna be some .dat diving goin on. Looks like we'll be downloading the new area/mob/gear ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by POL
    * Download sizes
    - With all expansion data discs installed:
    PlayStation2 version: 68.1 MB (approximate)
    Windows version: 106.1 MB (approximate)
    Xbox 360 version: 116.5 MB (approximate)

- With all expansion data discs not installed:
    PlayStation2 version: 44.7 MB (approximate)
    Windows version: 81.1 MB (approximate)
    Xbox 360 version: 91.5 MB (approximate)

* Details of the version update will be posted on Oct. 7, 2013

[Date & Time]
    Oct. 7, 2013 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. (PDT)

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm pretty sure he's not telling people to switch to another version lol, that would be pretty stupid.