+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: GW2: Update Notes Thread     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Knew the pistol whip nerf was inevitable honestly, the skill was too effective in PVE once you decked out your gear. Kill 5-6 enemies -> stealth and get health back -> rinse and repeat. Was fun while it lasted. Glad I have some condition gear as well and didn't put everything I own into a sword/pistol build, although even with a 15% damage reduction pistol whip should still be very effective... but now I can only kill 4 things at once though instead of 6

Quote Originally Posted by volcanicweather View Post
    Knew the pistol whip nerf was inevitable honestly, the skill was too effective in PVE once you decked out your gear. Kill 5-6 enemies -> stealth and get health back -> rinse and repeat. Was fun while it lasted. Glad I have some condition gear as well and didn't put everything I own into a sword/pistol build, although even with a 15% damage reduction pistol whip should still be very effective... but now I can only kill 4 things at once though instead of 6
    Backstab d/d is a much better dps spec anyways.

29 in magical dog years
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jackson Junior
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Was playing around with whirlpool this morning, got fucked by some barracudas, canceled preorder.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    Why the hell are people still crying "nerf warrior"? warrior has received NO positive boosts in the past 5 months, its all been nerf nerf nerf since BWE1. The complaints come from people who seriously don't understand how difficult it is to stand there in any situation and be able to melee effectively as a warrior, i'm lucky if i can manage to get maybe 3 or 4 swings out of HB before having to dodge roll from something.
    Welcome to every melee class ever. Also try a tankier build. I've seen bunker warriors hold points against 2 DPS traited allies without any issue. You're class is currently fotm in tPvP because its one of the easiest for scrubs to get kills with, just like thf was a few weeks ago. This means you can probably expect a warrior nerf soon.

Tagus

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I don't wanna see Warriors nerfed personally, but they're indisputably the best class in the game right now. Highest damage output by far, massive HP, high def, some nice support/utility skills. They really have no flaws to the class and Anet should be happy with them. The issue is that they're nerfing other classes already weaker than Warrior overall without touching Warrior, when they should be bringing other classes up to the same standard. I think there's a handful of things on Warrior that could use an adjustment/nerf, but fixing other classes would both be a higher priority and alleviate the need for some of the adjustments.
    This sums it up nicely. Warrior is the only job I've spent alot of time playing, so take this with a grain of salt, but a Warrior nerf wouldn't really help the other jobs any. Hundred blades is great for spike damage, but all somebody has to do to avoid it is move out of the way. Idk. Getting in melee range is risky and annoying as fuck sometimes in this game because everything moves around so quickly... you should get rewarded by kicking the shit out of something when you do it. The way I saw it coming in, Warrior is the only "traditional" DD job in the game. It seemed predictable that it would stand exactly where it does in the hierarchy.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Oct. 22 notes

Too enraged right now to transfer them here. FUCKING GUARDIAN GETS NERFED BUT WARRIOR GETS BUFFED?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

And you can't spend your pact victory token either unless you beat the final mission after the update since the NPC only appears in an instance in the fort...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

FUCKING GUARDIAN GETS NERFED BUT WARRIOR GETS BUFFED?? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?
    Are you joking? lol

The one aspect of Guardian nerfed is laughable. Save Yourselves is all well and good, but with stacked boon duration it's a bit much. It still functions in the same way for Save Yourselves > Contemplation of Purity lol bombs. Everything else is bug/exploit fixes.

Warrior is nearly useless in tPvP, it's like Guardian except bad. Guardian is in fact so good I am in the process of leveling a second one to 80 because I got tired of human male animations.

Also for anyone wondering, the karma reward for monthly achievement is 45,000 split between 10 account bound potions.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Yeah I can't tell if he's serious or not. Save Yourselves is pretty ridiculous in PvP, so I have no qualms with them adjusting it as such. Zero nerfs otherwise, just bugfixes and a couple of very minor improvements. Admittedly, Symbol of Wrath is still shit compared to how it was two weeks ago, but at least they've rebuffed it a smidgin.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

at least you get some kind of attention. I really start to think anet hates rangers. a ninja nerf to shortbow and that's all we got since release. not a single bug fix from the huge list. /sigh

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Corrupt Boon: This skill now properly removes aegis rather than being blocked by it.
    ... HOW ABOUT YOU FIX IT SO YOU CAN USE THE ABILITY WHILE MOVING YOU MOTHERFUCKERS

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Yeah I can't tell if he's serious or not.
    Nah. I am legitimately pissed that they haven't done shit to make ranger pets worth fuck all on anything that isn't trash content and haven't fixed any of the weapons yet though. When the only attack that's worthwhile outside of Quickening Zephyr is the autoattack on Shortbow, there's a problem.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Joyo Mojo
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Kul Tiras

Quote Originally Posted by ClarkSammich View Post
    Also for anyone wondering, the karma reward for monthly achievement is 45,000 split between 10 account bound potions.
    Karma boost works on the potions and there doesnt seem to be diminishing returns on karma gain after using all of them.

Sounds like I need to try and finish my WvW kills later. That almost sounds too good. Got to 37/50 after like 3 hours, but the enemy just plain stopped existing after we took a base.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

4~6k karma per daily is pretty sexy, 60k+ per monthly is sexier, and 2.5k or so per explorable dungeon path is nice as well. glad to see the alternate means of gaining karma

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Joyo View Post
    Karma boost works on the potions and there doesnt seem to be diminishing returns on karma gain after using all of them.
    This is true. I kind of regret chugging mine so early, but it's cool.
    Some guy in LA was saying he got like 210k total w/ all the boosts stacked, he might've been bullshitting though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

He was, that's like three times more(ish) then is possible with 10 jugs.

wotg torrent kitty :3
    BG Level

whoa, hold the press dear rng fellows: https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/foru.../Ranger-update

Poof! Someone called and I am here. We made some ranger changes this patch, but had to go back on them because of risk factor. There are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch, as well as some other significant ranger improvements. I would Literally tell you but I think it would be considered a bit of a spoiler so you will have to be patient.
    While we work hard to keep updates going on all professions, not very build us going to contain fixes for everyone due to the nature of software development. One problem with rangers is the lack of build diversity created by a number of sub par utility skills. Many signets, a shout or two, and spirits are all a bit lackluster. That is the first place to expect improvements. Second is trying to improve the feel/ pacing on some weapons.
    Ok I can’t type more with tiny phone finger keypad. See you in game!
    Jon
    this is a big deal because it's the first time ever that a dev even comments on the ranger situation. the only other time we saw a red name was after the ninja shortbow nerf, saying: "uh no, I think it works as intended".

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

If they make spirits useful I will be so happy

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Re: Update Notes Thread

WHAT DO THE DEVS HAVE AGAINST DIABEETUS?!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast