Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

State of the BG Guild: Commnders needed

We're getting to the point now where while things are slowing down, most people are 80 and doing WvW now. Which is causing a problem when we constantly have more than 5 people at a time in the same zone. Some of us have talked and decided it would b a good idea to have some guild sponsored Commanders. We won't talk about the details regarding money yet, so don't go throwing anything into the bank yet. For now, either nominate or throw in your name here and we will have a vote sometime soon on who the guild wishes to be our first recipient of the title. Nominees should have a fairly high play time and have a decent idea over WvW strategy.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

I don't really think it's necessary right now. It isn't often we have more than 5 people doing it, and even if we do it's not like it's hard to coordinate in guild chat anyway (I'd assume nobody would have issue with this, anyway). I can't see many people interested in chipping in for it with how few of us do it. I don't really have much interest in drawing the mindless zerg to our groups either. If I wanted to just zerg shit I can do that already following another commander. If it's really something being done though the obvious suggestions would be Kachi or Lucavi, since those two easily spend the most time there. Neither seem to be particularly vocal about strategizing though (and in Lucavi's case he seems to be most at home just defending whatever keep he took for BG, lol), so I'm not sure either of them would want it.

Tagus

Eanae, you'd probably be the logical choice. Problem is, it's alot of money! How do we know you're not the secret ringleader of an RMT service, and you're going to steal it and sell it for epic lootz

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

I believe I have seen this particular scam in Jeuno.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    I don't really think it's necessary right now. It isn't often we have more than 5 people doing it, and even if we do it's not like it's hard to coordinate in guild chat anyway (I'd assume nobody would have issue with this, anyway). I can't see many people interested in chipping in for it with how few of us do it. I don't really have much interest in drawing the mindless zerg to our groups either. If I wanted to just zerg shit I can do that already following another commander. If it's really something being done though the obvious suggestions would be Kachi or Lucavi, since those two easily spend the most time there. Neither seem to be particularly vocal about strategizing though (and in Lucavi's case he seems to be most at home just defending whatever keep he took for BG, lol), so I'm not sure either of them would want it.
    Having some control over the Zerg wouldn't necessarily be bad. We've been discussing the fact that we could use a few more people who are active in WvW as well. Our little 6 man group held onto a key location for nearly 3 hours vs a full on TC force. If we could properly position the Zerg I'm sure we could do a hell of a lot more than that idiot commander who was karma farming last night and costing us the map.

Also, like I said the money discussion will come at another time. I'm working out ways right now to essentially take the entire noticeable cost off people. We're not talking raising the money in a day or a week. I'm looking at seeing how easily we could maybe fund a commander per month realistically.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tagus View Post
    Eanae, you'd probably be the logical choice.
    Obviously never seen Eanae do WvW!

7. 2012-09-25 12:26

I'm almost as bad as Mazmaz

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    Having some control over the Zerg wouldn't necessarily be bad. We've been discussing the fact that we could use a few more people who are active in WvW as well. Our little 6 man group held onto a key location for nearly 3 hours vs a full on TC force. If we could properly position the Zerg I'm sure we could do a hell of a lot more than that idiot commander who was karma farming last night and costing us the map.
    Our 2 commanders lead the zerg to their deaths off cliffs like lemmings, then swap to another borderland to do it all over again. I think you guys got it better lol

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

For reference, it'd take 10 people 32 silver a day to do a commander a month.

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    For reference, it'd take 10 people 32 silver a day to do a commander a month.
    So we do two dungeons a day and donate all money to someone?(or one really, you make like 40s per dungeon)

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Amiricle Mihgo
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'd put a vote in for Kachi or Lucavi as well.
    Also whether or not you want the Zerg following your group around isn't the point. It's having some sort of control over it since most of them are likely to take an order from a commander.
    I haven't been active at all this matchup cause Borderlands, but there's my 2 cents. =^.^=

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Most of us are near full exotics and gold is the least of your worries for a legendary. Frankly I have nothing better to spend it on lol.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Even if we never get around to commander (I'm sure we will, but I know that I need to hurry and hit 80 so I can contribute some gold), I think we should at least make good use of the BG vent for whatever little group we're running at the moment.

If we're going to nominate, I nominate Eanae. Hard hitter, knows the game well, and isn't afraid of anything.

Also, is commander permanent or does it wear off?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

It's permanent. And honestly, while I do want the title eventually, I'm not sure I'd want the first one. I play a lot right now because my life is essentially at a stand still. I have no idea what I'll be doing next month, or even next week. My time may suddenly cut short for what I have to spend in game. I'd nominated Kiarax or Luc myself.

Cake Mix

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Kiarax or Kachi here.

Black Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Chrian Kywind
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

I vote one of those two and eanae and whoever else auctually does wvwvw.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

So we've got this trifecta of circle-jerking. I love it. <3

We can just eventually all hit Commander, find another within BG to do it, then become the 4 Heavenly Kings. I call Suzaku.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal