Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bravely Default     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Unless it's something else

http://fusible.com/2012/12/square-en...ted-trademark/

Square Enix registers ‘All The Bravest’ domain, files game-related trademark
    It would appear that Square Enix is working on something game-related called “All The Bravest”.

This past week, the company not only registered the domain names AllTheBravest.com (WHOIS) and AllTheBravest.net (WHOIS), it also filed a European Community Trademark for the name.

Both domain names were registered through the trademark and domain management company Thomson Brandy on November 29, 2012.

Also on the same day, Square Enix filed a trademark application (trade mark no 011386349). The goods and services in the filing cover:
    Computer game software; video game software; sound recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs, semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or fictional stories; audio visual recordings in the form of optical discs, magnetic discs, semiconductor ROMs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded compact discs featuring music; prerecorded video discs featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; prerecorded video cassettes featuring music and/or animated fictional stories; decorative magnets; mouse pads; straps for cellular phones; sunglasses; blank memory cards; memory card cases; CD cases; computer keyboards; joysticks; downloadable image files; downloadable wallpapers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable screensavers for computers and/or mobile phones; downloadable video recordings; downloadable musical sound recordings; downloadable ring tones for mobile phones; electronic publications in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment.

Computer game strategy guidebooks; video game strategy guidebooks; books featuring fictional and/or fantasy stories; graphic art books; song books; musical score books; comic books; magazines featuring video games and/or cartoons; posters; stickers; paper banners; calendars; postcards; stationery; collectors’ cards; trading cards; photographs.

Providing amusement facilities; amusement arcades; providing on-line computer games; providing on-line video games; providing information on computer game strategies and/or video game strategies via computer networks and/or global communication networks; providing information on entertainment in the field of computer games, video games, card games, animated cartoons, comics, novels and/or magazines; providing on-line non-downloadable comics; providing on-line non-downloadable magazines in the field of computer games, video games, cartoons and/or general entertainment.
    At this point, it’s unknown what sort of plans Square Enix has for “All The Bravest”.

Aside from the details of trademark application and domain names (neither of which resolve to a web site) not much is known.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Fuck, we're jumping at shadows now.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If it isn't a North American localized version of Bravely Default I am going to kill someone at SE.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just sad Tanaka Left

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

This could be the social game and not the 3DS one. SE wants to bring that over first so if it's related to the BD IP it's likely that one.

I hope that isn't the same game if it gets localized... only because that's a pretty lame name, Bravely Default sounds better, to me anyway. Still hope it gets released anyway.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    SE wants to bring that over first
    Where did you hear this?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    Where did you hear this?
    One of the recent interviews. They want to localize the social game first to test the waters or something like that.
    It doesn't make much sense considering the social game is supposed to be a sequel but this is the same company that's sitting on a completely localized version of Type 0 and not releasing it.

BG Level

Pretty sure it's just a marketing thing if they release the social game

SE knows very well that we want Bravely Default

So by forcing the social will just be a $$$ game, since the dumb people will buy it to make SE thinks we want the real game

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You also unlock things in the 3DS game by playing the social one so it's a bit more complicated than "dumb people" really.
    Either way we'll see, Nintendo Direct failed to deliver today

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy, Square Enix and Silicon Studio’s new 3DS RPG released in Japan this past October, has shipped 300,000 copies, producer Tomoya Asano revealed during a 4Gamer interview published today.

“Yes, I’d like to report to everyone that Bravery Default has broken over 300,000 copies shipped,” he said. “I think by the end of the month, the sales numbers will achieve 300,000.”

Additionally, Asano teased new developments for the franchise.

“The official [Bravely Default] Twitter account has been in a silent state lately, partly because the consumer camp has been all out of information,” said Asano. “However, from this year to about next year, I’m thinking there are a lot of things that I want to prepare for everyone to look forward to, so please continue to follow the Twitter account. I want to share information with everyone as soon as developments start again, so thank you in advance.”
    http://gematsu.com/2013/01/bravely-d...opments-teased
    http://www.4gamer.net/games/190/G019029/20130125040/
    https://twitter.com/BDFF_OFFICIAL

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/64300...8078/735725600

I don't know who this guy is but apparently gamefaqs says he's credible.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

If it does end up getting localized, this will finally give me a reason to get a 3DS. I was holding off on getting one even after FE: Awakening, but might be worth it after all.

BG Level

I want to believe, not sure if i should tho

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

http://kotaku.com/5987831/after-a-te...?post=57891655

More and more info pointing toward this.

After all this, people better fucking buy this game.

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

If I had a 3DS I would. I should have one later in the year so if it comes out after that, then hell yeah!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by xopher View Post
    http://kotaku.com/5987831/after-a-te...?post=57891655

More and more info pointing toward this.

After all this, people better fucking buy this game.
    The second I see where I can preorder, they will have my money.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I just saw that tweet and got all excite. Fuck me I want this.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Felius Nightfox
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Okay, yeah, time for me to get a 3DS. This better be coming west! Music and everything is pretty good.

Bump for news!
    http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03...-for-the-west/

Square Enix still hasn’t announced Bravely Default: Flying Fairy for North America or Europe, but don’t worry—the nostalgic turn-based role-playing game will be released overseas.

During the Game Developers Conference, Siliconera was able to confirm with multiple trusted sources that Bravely Default: Flying Fairy will be localized for English-speaking audiences.

Look forward to playing Bravely Default…

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2013/04/03...mzSDQZVSl5Y.99