1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 41 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: FFXIVAPP - FFXIV Parser     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

No worries. Thanks for the work you're putting into your program; it's definitely come a long way in a short amount of time.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Is there any way for your parser to stop estimating DoT damage when a mob dies or when the parser is manually stopped/toggled?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Single named mob which doesn't spawn again for long time, possible; just requires a bit of refactoring.
    Other mobs, nope. Game doesn't store them with individual mob id's so at this time I can't assign X dot to Y mob.
    Reset = auto stops now on latest update
    Toggle, I can add that in.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    Single named mob which doesn't spawn again for long time, possible; just requires a bit of refactoring.
    Other mobs, nope. Game doesn't store them with individual mob id's so at this time I can't assign X dot to Y mob.
    Reset = auto stops now on latest update
    Toggle, I can add that in.
    All right, cool, thanks. Also found out that Thunder III hits beyond the first were being counted but the damage wasn't being tabulated, PM'd you an xml and screenshot.

edit: Reset button and in-game text command both aren't working atm. (edit4: working again)

edit2: UI suggestion: right now, after launching the program, it takes 4 clicks to be able to actually start parsing/analyzing parse data: 1 to get to settings, 1 to attach, 1 to get to the plug-in module, then 1 more to get to the actual parser module. Any way you can streamline this process, either through additional buttons or at least a memory/save setting for default plug-in or plug-in display order?

edit3: Parser also doesn't seem to be picking up Demolish at all.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Reset button/in-game text needed a fix because I'm clearing DoT and missed a if statement. Fixed on next release.

I think I've mentioned this before but:
    Attach - ONLY used if you dual box, so you can select the other FF
    RefreshList - ONLY used if you start the app before the game is launched.

Other than that attaching is automatic. Regarding "default home page" on the app; I'll put in an option for it because the parser/logger/translator are used about the same amount based on user feedback via email.

Demolish and other skills like it "no damage but has dot" are being worked on in conjunction with a new tab I'm doing for "beneficial/detrimental" status effects. Tracking of that one should be complete once I finish that tab.

Thunder III is fixed on next release but could have affected others as well; and only from the most recent update. Fixed now though and will be updated once complete

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I moved this out of archive. I remember some discussion in BGChat but nothing specific -- are the plugins in C# and has the sdk been released at all?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

SDK (a sample plugin really) will be released by end of weekend; just finalizing some stuff in the sample code to show what things are available for binding; code is c# wpf (using MahApps.Metro)

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I gave it a go but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Do you need to be a in party for it to do anything? I ran as admin, and it has the right processid but doesn't do anything when I attack something. v2.0.5007.26986

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    I gave it a go but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. Do you need to be a in party for it to do anything? I ran as admin, and it has the right processid but doesn't do anything when I attack something. v2.0.5007.26986
    Does the star icon show up? (plugins) if not; windows blocked it and you need to download/unzip with winrar/7zip. If it does show up; does the blue star (log) do anything? if it does but parse doesn't show anything ensure you have 1 tab in the game which has every chat code turned on; the client doesn't get the chat if you have it turned off; so parser can't even see anything.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Definitely looking forward to the plugin api! Thanks Icehunter!

2600klub
    ǝƃuɐɥɔ ǝlʇıʇ ɥʇ01 ǝɥʇ ǝʞıl sı sıɥʇ ƃɯo ʎuunɟ ƃuıɥʇǝɯos ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ɥɐlq ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ puǝıɹɟ ʇsǝq s,poƃ ǝsɹoɥ ǝɥʇ sı ǝɥ ǝǝǝǝǝǝlopuɐʌ

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vandole Horsegod
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

icehunter, every time i double click ffxiapp.client it crashes. the .updater just opens a small window and closes

fix pls

So you have .net framework 4.5, because the same thing happened to me before I went back and checked OP and realized I didn't.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Plugin SDK is awesome. I just made a ghetto DBM/DoT tracker to overlay FFXIV, which makes SMN much less painful when there are two rows of DoTs up on a single target.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Undermine

that sounds pretty sweet. i'd like to try it out zsuper.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just throwing this update notice out there

http://ffxiv-app.com/Notices

Quote Originally Posted by Icehunter View Post
    Just throwing this update notice out there
    I already have my own custom plugin I use to track stuff, do I need to not upgrade?

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by lilbubbles View Post
    I already have my own custom plugin I use to track stuff, do I need to not upgrade?
    You will need to rebuild possibly as I've added a new item in the IPluginInterface (friendly name) so you can have a short name in the plugin list in the app. Other than that nope. I will update the sample repo everytime there is a new change so you can always merge in the code from there.

The changes I'm doing are specifically for parse/log/chat/event/informer and do not add or remove functionality to anyone that has made a plugin.

The Syrup To Waffles's Waffle
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cair Bear
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

If you need a list of buff IDs, I went through and made a list when I was poking around at that part of the memory awhile back: http://pastebin.com/M5RXNGPw

It doesn't have the ID listed with it, but it corresponds to the line number. Petrification is 0x01. Numbers were where I couldn't get info.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Cairthenn View Post
    If you need a list of buff IDs, I went through and made a list when I was poking around at that part of the memory awhile back: http://pastebin.com/M5RXNGPw

It doesn't have the ID listed with it, but it corresponds to the line number. Petrification is 0x01. Numbers were where I couldn't get info.
    Thanks! I got those and a bit more; testing over the upcoming week or so :D

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I think the other day I hit the manual update button by accident and it closed, and now every time I start it it says 'there is an update do you want to download it?'. If I click yes it closes and nothing happens, but if I click no it just runs like normal it seems.

Also, a link to the website might be good to put on the about tab.